Kobe's record chase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe's record chase

pio2u wrote:
Not only is the Black Mamba chasing the scoring record he also could become one of the top 25 all-time assist leaders with 312 more dimes.

How is this possible when he doesn't pass the ball?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe's record chase

kray28_ wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Not only is the Black Mamba chasing the scoring record he also could become one of the top 25 all-time assist leaders with 312 more dimes.

A typical hater response would be:

"IKR; Kobe only averages a paltry 4.8 assists per game over 18 seasons.

Really sad for a guy that has scored that many points. He never passes the rock, ever. SHM"
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
singlecamVTEC wrote:
Not many SG's in that top 25 assists list.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_career.html

A few on the assists list are listed as PG/SG but would mostly be considered PGs by most.

Only Pippen SF, Drexler SG/SF and Havlicek SF/SG. Kobe is the only "SG only" listed.

Lebron is really close to Kobe on that list. Jordan is tied for 41st though. That's already several spots behind Kobe.

LeBron, Jordan, and Kobe are essentially point guards since they have almost always been the primary ball handlers on their teams.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe's record chase

kray28_ wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Because he does pass the ball and he has played a ton of games. If healthy, he will jump into the top 15 in all time games played this season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe's record chase

Treble Clef wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Because he does pass the ball and he has played a ton of games. If healthy, he will jump into the top 15 in all time games played this season.

THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING IN!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject:

Hope to see him break more records this year.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
singlecamVTEC wrote:

A few on the assists list are listed as PG/SG but would mostly be considered PGs by most.

Only Pippen SF, Drexler SG/SF and Havlicek SF/SG. Kobe is the only "SG only" listed.

Lebron is really close to Kobe on that list. Jordan is tied for 41st though. That's already several spots behind Kobe.

Lebron is a forward, people don't seem to understand Kobe is a Shooting Guard, these guys are not in the game to pass the ball yet he will go down as the all time assist leader in his position.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
singlecamVTEC wrote:

Have to expect Lebron and Paul to move and stay ahead of Kobe. But other then that Kobe could easily move into top 20 or even top 15 if he can stay healthy for a couple of seasons. Pretty remarkable for a "ball hog".

Also thought Kareem at #38 and top center was pretty cool too. So many overlook him as an alltime great.

Many do, though I think he is the all time greatest.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe's record chase

Treble Clef wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Plus he played 9 years with a great finisher in Shaq. Kobe made the passes, Shaq finished. Good times.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

KOBE BRYANT: TREND-SETTER!!

Quote:
The NBA's Best Players Are Losing A Bunch Of Weight, And It's All Because Of Kobe Bryant

NBA-TREND (link)
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

Don't forget he's also creeping up on the all time turnover list. He'll easily pass Moses Malone this season for 4th, maybe Kidd for 3rd.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
20ppg over 82 games for the next two years is certainly not out of the question.

And if he can stay healthy by playing less minutes and adjusting his game slightly, he can add an extra year or two on top of that with ease.

Imagine how that will affect the conversation on Kobe as the GOAT in four years if he were to surpass Malone AND KAJ.

Wino wrote:
Dumb Guy: Kobe shoots too much!!!!

Fact Guy: Kobe is in the top 25 for all time assists at his position.

Dumb Guy: Kobe doesn't play defense!!!!

Fact Guy: Kobe has been on the all defensive team more than anyone in the history of the NBA.

Dumb Guy: I don't like Kobe's attitude!!

Fact Guy: Yeah, most losers think winners suck don't they?

Dumb Guy: Well Kobe sexually assaulted that girl in Colorado!!!

Fact Guy: You never read the transcripts of the trial did you?? You don't have to answer, it's obvious. So, the bottom line is, you don't like him because he is NOT on your team, or you rely on the press to give you "their version" of the facts. I'm betting you do that with 99% of everything you think you know about. Ask Kareem what he thinks about that. I have to point out to you, that you will NEVER be the solution, you are THE problem. Conversations over.

How is it not out of the question? Kobe has missed games the last two seasons is it realistic to expect him to play all 82 for two years?
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

RealGM @RealGM ·
Kobe Bryant on the cover of Sports Illustrated... "I'm 70 in basketball years."

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/501831874973429760/photo/1
Yoki24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Don't forget he's also creeping up on the all time turnover list. He'll easily pass Moses Malone this season for 4th, maybe Kidd for 3rd.

Career TOV rate of 11.6%, which is very good given his usage and play-making responsibility. Nice try though.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe says he's 70 in basketball years (S.I. front cover)

S.I. coverlink
saacman5033
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Career TOV rate of 11.6%, which is very good given his usage and play-making responsibility. Nice try though.

I didn't see that as a jab at Kobe. Just a product of him playing his style for so many years. Just as leading the NFL in interceptions didn't keep Brett Favre from being a hero to GB fans, neither should Kobe setting the record for career missed FGs or approaching TO records make us Laker fans any less grateful for what he's done. Just a product of his uncompromising style.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:
20ppg over 82 games for the next two years is certainly not out of the question.

And if he can stay healthy by playing less minutes and adjusting his game slightly, he can add an extra year or two on top of that with ease.

Imagine how that will affect the conversation on Kobe as the GOAT in four years if he were to surpass Malone AND KAJ.

Wino wrote:

Fact Guy: Kobe has been on the all defensive team more than anyone in the history of the NBA.

Fact Guy: You never read the transcripts of the trial did you?? You don't have to answer, it's obvious. So, the bottom line is, you don't like him because he is NOT on your team, or you rely on the press to give you "their version" of the facts. I'm betting you do that with 99% of everything you think you know about. Ask Kareem what he thinks about that. I have to point out to you, that you will NEVER be the solution, you are THE problem. Conversations over.

How is it not out of the question? Kobe has missed games the last two seasons is it realistic to expect him to play all 82 for two years?

He's saying it wouldn't be completely crazy if he played 82 games and scored 20ppg, which it isn't. Doesn't necessarily mean he thinks it's realistic or is expecting it to happen.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Is there a guard or perimeter ball handler in the Top 25 of assist leaders with a worse turnover assist-to-turnover ratio? I'm asking, not being snarky.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:

Wino wrote:

He's saying it wouldn't be completely crazy if he played 82 games and scored 20ppg, which it isn't. Doesn't necessarily mean he thinks it's realistic or is expecting it to happen.

Reading comprehension for the win.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

No way Kobe is going to surpass the Captain in scoring. Playing 4 more FULL seasons while averaging 20+ ppg. Not happening. Besides, in two years, I hope I'm not watching Kobe try to score a bunch. I'd rather see us competing for championships by then.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I look forward to each of MJ's records that Kobe passes.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
No way Kobe is going to surpass the Captain in scoring. Playing 4 more FULL seasons while averaging 20+ ppg. Not happening. Besides, in two years, I hope I'm not watching Kobe try to score a bunch. I'd rather see us competing for championships by then.

I don't see Cap or Mailman getting surpassed either. I think he's here for 2 years, ~20ppg then that's it.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:

RealGM: Kobe doesn't play defense!!!!

RealGM: I don't like Kobe's attitude!!

RealGM: Well Kobe sexually assaulted that girl in Colorado!!!

Fixed.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

KOBE BRYANT quote:

Quote:
"But just because something evolves, it doesn’t make it any less better than it was before,”
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:

there's 2 questions that come to mind wrt the fact that there is 2 years left on his contract & the scoring record(s)..
1: If Kobe makes it through the next 2 years without another major injury, would LAL resign him again, and let him try for the record? Even at a greatly reduced rate, would they want to give 2-3 more years for someone that would be gunning relentlessly for that record?

2nd: If LAL wouldn't resign him and want to start full rebuild, would Kobe go to another team to chase the scoring title? It's possible to envision scenarios where reasonably crappy teams might bring him on just for the PR - and let him chuck to his hearts content

I'm not saying either LAL or Kobe would do either, but those are a couple of possible interesting scenarios.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: