Brandon Jennings: "Kobe is GOAT"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
So it's true because a giy named the pterodactyl and super dave said so? Cmon guys. We're better than this. Aren't we?

It's either this or believing a guy who's forum name is ringfinger. I'm not exactly sure what to believe at this point.

So having your own opinion is not an option?

You have to latch on those with funky nicknames? Like I said, we're better than this -- aren't we??

But what if my opinion is in line with those of said player and comedian? Does that make my opinion wrong? I'm not really understanding what you mean by we're better than this. People aren't allowed to agree with their opinion or else they are somehow "worse" than this...

Sure, that's fine (though different).

Your opinion might actually be the same as Sideshow Bob's, and if that's the case, so be it.

What we should be better than .... is in earnest, trying to make the claim that some Sideshow Bob's opinion has any merit in the matter. Because everyone else can see right through the real motivation there.

And while there will always be bad apples, as a collective fan base, we should strive to do better than that.

So you're saying that you are Sideshow Bob????
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
So it's true because a giy named the pterodactyl and super dave said so? Cmon guys. We're better than this. Aren't we?

That was a rhetorical question, right?

I mean, come on. A bored player that no one cares about decides to have some fun trolling Twitter, and we get a freaking thread about it. As Twitter trolls by bored jocks go, I preferred this one:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2073861-arian-foster-trolls-the-worlds-cat-lovers-with-a-series-of-amazing-tweets
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Foster is worth following, he says some interesting things.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

Not sure what the fuss is about. Most well-informed basketball minds know that Kobe is a better basketball player than Jordan.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It's either this or believing a guy who's forum name is ringfinger. I'm not exactly sure what to believe at this point.

You have to latch on those with funky nicknames? Like I said, we're better than this -- aren't we??

But what if my opinion is in line with those of said player and comedian? Does that make my opinion wrong? I'm not really understanding what you mean by we're better than this. People aren't allowed to agree with their opinion or else they are somehow "worse" than this...

Your opinion might actually be the same as Sideshow Bob's, and if that's the case, so be it.

What we should be better than .... is in earnest, trying to make the claim that some Sideshow Bob's opinion has any merit in the matter. Because everyone else can see right through the real motivation there.

And while there will always be bad apples, as a collective fan base, we should strive to do better than that.

You're STILL confused???

Form your own opinion. And if you're going to cite sources, cite credible sources. Don't just regurgitate the quotes of anybody who says things you like.

We're not better than this. Are we?
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

You're STILL confused???

Form your own opinion. And if you're going to cite sources, cite credible sources. Don't just regurgitate the quotes of anybody who says things you like.

But don't you do the same thing except you cite opposite opinions?

I'm really not certain what you are trying to argue. Seems like the right way to argue is to appeal to authority and those who have more knowledge which can be based on research or experience. How are none of those people not credible sources? One is a basketball player and the other, although just a comedian, very likely has met John Wooden and talked to him regarding Kobe. I'm wondering where you came up with the idea that they aren't credible.
Battiato's Nose
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Brandon Jennings: "Kobe is GOAT"

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Talentwise, MJ edges out Kobe (bigger hands, hangtime, hops, arm strength, better base)

I can't believe this myth is still running rampant among basketball fans. Physics have proven that this is a fallacy. There is no such thing as "hangtime". If two players weighting exactly the same jump with the exact same force and the exact same inclination angle, their trajectories will be identical. If trajectories are not identical, one of those factors must be different. So, when people talk about hangtime, I take it they're actually talking about bigger leaping ability. It's all about the center of gravity, shenanigans such as bending knees in the air are there to fool people, not to fool physics.

Chronicle wrote:
Well apparently you can, because Kobe is.

RIP your stupid stats.

/thread

No, mate, RIP this post, since it contributes nothing to the discussion, other than the fact that you might not understand statistics. Stats are not stupid, only misused.
The Dagger wrote:
Not sure what the fuss is about. Most well-informed basketball minds know that Kobe is a better basketball player than Jordan.

Actually, it's the other way around. The majority of well-informed (please note that you didn't say smart) basketball minds think that Jordan is better than Kobe. It's a well established fact.

Having said that, I don't see the big deal in reading about a young kid giving compliments to a great player he likes. It's his opinion, right? Some people in this forum agree with him, some people don't. We should all agree that all-time ranks is a highly subjective subject, and we as Lakers fans should know that it's impossible to factually prove that any given player is the GOAT. Different perspectives will lead to different opinions.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

You're STILL confused???

But don't you do the same thing except you cite opposite opinions?

I'm really not certain what you are trying to argue. Seems like the right way to argue is to appeal to authority and those who have more knowledge which can be based on research or experience. How are none of those people not credible sources? One is a basketball player and the other, although just a comedian, very likely has met John Wooden and talked to him regarding Kobe. I'm wondering where you came up with the idea that they aren't credible.

It's not that they aren't credible. It's that I don't know why they are credible.

Jennings' thinks that the US Men's Basketball team only selects Nike players and that's the reason he isn't chosen for the team. Do you agree with Mr. Credible?

What is it about Super Dave Osborne that makes him particularly credible to you?

What exactly is it about these guys, that makes you hold their opinions to be of high regard?

Give me an actual Wooden quote. A Jerry West quote. Michael Jordan. Then we'll talk.

But let's not get in to that silliness of posting the quote of every Tom, Dick and Harry who says something (whether that is positive or negative). What Jennings' thinks is meaningless. What Smush Parker thinks is meaningless too.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:

Not many people are well informed...that's the problem. Most people have agendas against Kobe.

John Wooden: "Kobe is the greatest player of all time."

/end thread.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I understand where he's coming from with his argument a little... No one on Earth endured the resistance that Kobe had to endure. From playing in the West (Duncan, Dirk, and Nash) his entire career to playing with Jordan fans hate to putting up with LeBron's corporate machine, Kobe had the toughest degree of difficulty ever and shined bright like a Diamond. Kobe is built a certain way that only Derrick Rose probably could duplicate.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Not many people are well informed...that's the problem. Most people have agendas against Kobe.

/end thread.

John Wooden didn't say that.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

/end thread.

He obviously did:

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

/end thread.

He obviously did:

That's not John Wooden!
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

/end thread.

He obviously did:

That's not John Wooden!

So your saying this guy is lying in the interview about what john wooden said...? You do realize there are articles where wooden says Kobe is the greatest ever right...which came directly from wooden....technically they all did.

You and Aeneas...smh.

And you must not believe any article you read...because what that guy did is what many journalists do...report what people say...in this case what wooden said...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject:

Jeggs, don't waste your time man. They're not going to change their opinions. At least we know the truth for ourselves. Isn't that enough?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
You do realize there are articles where wooden says Kobe is the greatest ever right

Oh really? Link please?

Jeggs wrote:
...which came directly from wooden....technically they all did.

Oh, right. Nevermind. I guess you're talking about articles that Wooden wrote under the pseudonym "Jeggs."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
BRANDON JENNINGS @BrandonJennings · 27m

I'm all about who I see LIVE I guess. Kobe is the GOAT of this generation. If you fighting that Unfollow me then.

https://twitter.com/BrandonJennings/status/501899302776487936

GOAT is supposed to mean greatest of all generations... le sigh... stay in school kids...

i believe it can be used both ways

GOAT stands for Greatest of All Time. So it cannot be used for any other time period other than all time. Jennings isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

of course it can... all time of this generation... mean, all the days/hours/minutes/seconds of this generation... generation, usually means birth of parents to birth of their sons/daughters... around 30 years...

Jennings didn't stop with greatest of all time... which would be perpetual.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
So your saying this guy is lying in the interview about what john wooden said...?

No, I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying there's no way for me or you to know that what Super Dave heard wasn't misinterpreted, taken out of context, or was even said at all.

Jeggs wrote:
You do realize there are articles where wooden says Kobe is the greatest ever right...which came directly from wooden....technically they all did.

If you have articles from reputable sources that have direct quotes from John Wooden, I'd love to see them. Can you provide? I have never seen a single article direct quoting John Wooden saying Kobe is GOAT, only via a claim by comedian Super Dave Osborne.

If you can provide, then I'm the one that's confused. If you can't, then it must be you that is confused.[/quote]

Jeggs wrote:
And you must not believe any article you read...because what that guy did is what many journalists do...report what people say...in this case what wooden said...

It's not really an issue of disbelief. It's more about ... a burden of proof. Quotes are taken out of context ALL the time, even by journalists let alone comedians. That's why I generally prefer to see full transcripts and preferably, the interview on audio or video formats.

Maybe your approach is to believe everything until you have a reason not to believe it. If that is indeed the case ... if I could produce a YouTube video to you, of a guy named Lampoobah Smith-Clumpenstein claiming he was at that breakfast and Wooden actually said "best Laker" he had even seen, not player, would you believe that?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
BRANDON JENNINGS @BrandonJennings · 27m

I'm all about who I see LIVE I guess. Kobe is the GOAT of this generation. If you fighting that Unfollow me then.

https://twitter.com/BrandonJennings/status/501899302776487936

GOAT is supposed to mean greatest of all generations... le sigh... stay in school kids...

i believe it can be used both ways

GOAT stands for Greatest of All Time. So it cannot be used for any other time period other than all time. Jennings isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

of course it can... all time of this generation... mean, all the days/hours/minutes/seconds of this generation... generation, usually means birth of parents to birth of their sons/daughters... around 30 years...

Jennings didn't stop with greatest of all time... which would be perpetual.

Oh, well in that case, Jennings never said Kobe is GOAT. He said Kobe is GOATOTG.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
So your saying this guy is lying in the interview about what john wooden said...?

No, I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying there's no way for me or you to know that what Super Dave heard wasn't misinterpreted, taken out of context, or was even said at all.

Jeggs wrote:
You do realize there are articles where wooden says Kobe is the greatest ever right...which came directly from wooden....technically they all did.

If you have articles from reputable sources that have direct quotes from John Wooden, I'd love to see them. Can you provide? I have never seen a single article direct quoting John Wooden saying Kobe is GOAT, only via a claim by comedian Super Dave Osborne.

If you can provide, then I'm the one that's confused. If you can't, then it must be you that is confused.

Jeggs wrote:

Quote:
t's not really an issue of disbelief. It's more about ... a burden of proof. Quotes are taken out of context ALL the time, even by journalists let alone comedians. That's why I generally prefer to see full transcripts and preferably, the interview on audio or video formats.

Maybe your approach is to believe everything until you have a reason not to believe it. If that is indeed the case ... if I could produce a YouTube video to you, of a guy named Lampoobah Smith-Clumpenstein claiming he was at that breakfast and Wooden actually said "best Laker" he had even seen, not player, would you believe that?

There was a LA times article where he was quoted in an interview stating Kobe is the greatest ever. I know your trolling here so I'll let you google it and find it lol.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

Magic is Goat. End thread.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

Kobe ain't dead or retired. Why don't we save the memorial service for when he's happily retired?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

BLEACHER REPORT (LINK)

Quote:
Kobe Bryant's present with the Los Angeles Lakers is littered with question marks, and his future with the franchise might be better measured in months instead of years.

But his position within the organization is the same one he's held the majority of his career. He is the Lakers' most important player for today and tomorrow.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Jeggs wrote:

If you can provide, then I'm the one that's confused. If you can't, then it must be you that is confused.

Jeggs wrote:

Quote:
t's not really an issue of disbelief. It's more about ... a burden of proof. Quotes are taken out of context ALL the time, even by journalists let alone comedians. That's why I generally prefer to see full transcripts and preferably, the interview on audio or video formats.

There was a LA times article where he was quoted in an interview stating Kobe is the greatest ever. I know your trolling here so I'll let you google it and find it lol.

Sure there is. Nice try sending me on a wild goose chase. That article does not exist. Quit digging yerself a bigger hole and let's just move on.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject:

dp

Last edited by Jeggs on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: