View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Fallout wrote:
Kazaam wrote:
I'm sure another 18 holes will help him cope with all of this... or he can just lead another pep rally with his good buddy Biden about more pressing issues, like the minimum wage lol

Does America really want another war? Hundreds of billions of dollars and lives of soilders.

A war without any attainable goal at that. War isn't going to do anything to stop groups like ISIS. It was Bush's war that created the power vacuum that lead to this situation in the first place. Wars in that part of the world don't accomplish anything except cost innocent lives while creating more instability.

BTW, Obama's vacation days during his administration so far? 125. Bush's days at the same point in his? 407. And this was when he was in full blown wars in two different countries.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/presidential-vacations/

It's jaw-dropping how some are this ignorant to this.

Erm, that's a libruhl website!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Fallout wrote:
Kazaam wrote:
I'm sure another 18 holes will help him cope with all of this... or he can just lead another pep rally with his good buddy Biden about more pressing issues, like the minimum wage lol

Does America really want another war? Hundreds of billions of dollars and lives of soilders.

A war without any attainable goal at that. War isn't going to do anything to stop groups like ISIS. It was Bush's war that created the power vacuum that lead to this situation in the first place. Wars in that part of the world don't accomplish anything except cost innocent lives while creating more instability.

BTW, Obama's vacation days during his administration so far? 125. Bush's days at the same point in his? 407. And this was when he was in full blown wars in two different countries.

That's because far too many conservatives get their information from BS posts on their friends' Facebook pages.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Fallout wrote:
Kazaam wrote:

That's because far too many conservatives get their information from BS posts on their friends' Facebook pages.

QFT!
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Fallout wrote:
Kazaam wrote:

QFT!

Wondering where vacations entered this particular thread? I don't think Presidents actually take vacations. They may change the scenery, but they work every day.
The post was about golf. The President made his statement and seemingly went straight to the golf course. Bad pr imo. Just made the President look unnecessarily bad.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Fallout wrote:
Kazaam wrote:

QFT!

Wondering where vacations entered this particular thread? I don't think Presidents actually take vacations. They may change the scenery, but they work every day.
The post was about golf. The President made his statement and seemingly went straight to the golf course. Bad pr imo. Just made the President look unnecessarily bad.

As for when vacations entered the conversation, that's a question for Kazaam, not me, JB or KBCB.

What's the required waiting time between a press conference and then resuming previously planned activities? I tried Googling it, but got no results.

Is it longer or shorter than when Bush sat like a bump on a log reading to kids in the moments after being informed of the WTC attack?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

I was told the other guy got beheaded today and ISIS made a threat against a British citizen this time?
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Don't ask me, I don't make the presidents vacation plans, nor do I care what Bush's logged vacation hours were.

I was replying to a post that stated the president should be getting a ton of sympathy.

From the photos I saw on my supposed redneck, gun toting, tea bagger freinds facebook page hyuk hyuk... He looked like he was quite happy whilst hitting the links.

As a american citizen I have every right to criticize the action or inaction of a president.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I didn't check out the story, but I think it's safe to say there's pictures/video of the beheading? I know some people seek that stuff out - creepy. To me, that's the kind of stuff that you can't "un-see."

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
Don't ask me, I don't make the presidents vacation plans, nor do I care what Bush's logged vacation hours were.

I was replying to a post that stated the president should be getting a ton of sympathy.

From the photos I saw on my supposed redneck, gun toting, tea bagger freinds facebook page hyuk hyuk... He looked like he was quite happy whilst hitting the links.

As a american citizen I have every right to criticize the action or inaction of a president.

OK. How'd you feel about Bush racking up hundreds of days on vacation while he was engaging in a war that personally profited him and and his cronies while costing the lives of thousands of US soldiers, not to mention countless innocent Afghanis and Iraqi's?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Is this another "Why ain't he in the gym workin' on his game?" kind of thing?

!...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Pretty much. <snip - JMK>
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Always easy to criticize someone else's work ethic, especially while wasting time commenting on internet websites!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

OBAMA MUST FAIL, OBAMA MUST FAIL, OBAMA MUST FAIL, OBAMA MUST FAIL.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject:

"Burn ISIS Flag Challenge" goes "viral"

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/burn-isis-flag-challenge-goes-viral-arab-world-124824439.html

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/burn-isis-flag-challenge-goes-viral-arab-world-124824439.html

Would love to see world leaders participate in this.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
C M B wrote:

May just be me, but I prefer more mature world leaders. Burning the Isis flag makes folks feel good, but that's not what being a leader is about. A certain decorum is preferred.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
C M B wrote:

May just be me, but I prefer more mature world leaders. Burning the Isis flag makes folks feel good, but that's not what being a leader is about. A certain decorum is preferred.

And no decent world leader should ever go on vacation apparently.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
C M B wrote:

I don't pay any more attention to that than I do to the birther nonsense. President's get out of the White house sometimes to get a little break (emphasis on little because they drag a staff and agenda around, and merely get a change of scenery and a few hours of recreation). Even W, who took more vacation than Obama, Clinton, and his father combined, was actually on the clock much of that time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

I have no problem with either Bush or Obama and the vacations they take. Unlike my vacations, they don't unplug on theirs, they are still working. My only complaint about Obama (Bush might have done it too, but I don't remember) is when his family goes a day or two ahead of him, and it costs the tax payers double. At least schedule it for when the whole family can go.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I have no problem with either Bush or Obama and the vacations they take. Unlike my vacations, they don't unplug on theirs, they are still working. My only complaint about Obama (Bush might have done it too, but I don't remember) is when his family goes a day or two ahead of him, and it costs the tax payers double. At least schedule it for when the whole family can go.

Double what? I doubt a separate flight here and there is more than a rounding error. If you dislike that, I would say that you should also dislike Bush taking more vacation trips, because that upped the travel costs as well.

Just my .02, but it seems there is such a wealth of petty things people come up with to criticize about Obama. I wonder what the common denominator of all this concern is?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
C M B wrote:

I don't pay any more attention to that than I do to the birther nonsense. President's get out of the White house sometimes to get a little break (emphasis on little because they drag a staff and agenda around, and merely get a change of scenery and a few hours of recreation). Even W, who took more vacation than Obama, Clinton, and his father combined, was actually on the clock much of that time.

This is a man who takes advantage of all vacation time available

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Wow. Talk about going to extremes to find something to (bleep) about.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
when his family goes a day or two ahead of him, and it costs the tax payers double. At least schedule it for when the whole family can go.

Jeeeeeesus Christ.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/05/world/europe/isis-bride-glasgow-scotland/

ISIS social media blitz does work. Recruited people.
Stupid girl. Tell a lie often enough, people think its true. Sacrificing a good life to fight for a false cause.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/05/world/europe/isis-bride-glasgow-scotland/

ISIS social media blitz does work. Recruited people.
Stupid girl. Tell a lie often enough, people think its true. Sacrificing a good life to fight for a false cause.

You say stupid girl. Are all who believe and follow a specific religion stupid or just the ones you deem so because they believe, follow that religion?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: