Great Read...Byron Scott Q&A with Trudell
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

I likes the analysis from Scott. It seems that Kobe and Lin will start, and other three positions to be determined.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

Yep gotta agree guys, loving the stuff Scott is saying. True Laker at heart you can just sense it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

It is easy to second guess the Nash and Howard trades now.

Remember the elation when both were added. Remember the majority of NBA experts picked the Lakers and Heat in the Finals. Several even picked the Lakers to win it all.

What I do not remember were all the dire predictions of it failing so horribly that more then a few seem to claim they did at the time. If there were negative comments they were definitely in the minority.

Can not blame the Lakers for the attempt. It should have worked (same as the Paul trade). It didn't. And yes it will be miserable as they try to find the next plan to bring the Lakers back to respectability.

We can all have our opinions about how it should be done but in the end we will have to have a little faith that Kupchak knows a little something about building a team. And more importantly that the Buss kids can find the balance between leadership or meddling and let him do his job.

I think Scott can and will re-establish a bit of the stability of system and a little of the forgotten Laker pride. Going to be very interesting to see how the players (new and old) buy into the systems, play with effort and build some team chemistry.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

My fav part is telling the players we're playing for a championship. It sets the tone for how much effort these guys will give. It changes the approach of these youngsters. The interview gives me
Confidence in Scott turning the culture around. I also love that he's not gonna push some complex offense on them right away. He's gonna simplify things for them. A lot what he says shows he knows the personnel.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakersprime wrote:
I likes the analysis from Scott. It seems that Kobe and Lin will start, and other three positions to be determined.

looks good for wesley at 3 "it's his job to lose..."

i think it is much more intriguing who will start in the front court as it really could be A LOT of different combinations.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Defense first..it's about time.
jenopogi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

i like me some ed davis. wish he gets meaningful PT.
JL#7 in Purple and Gold. Shoutout to my Lakers4Life Buddy Ian M.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Brown said Hill particularly gave the Lakers a lift with his pick-and-roll defense compared to Bynum. “I did not think that Drew, and even Pau at times, the combination of both those bigs were up the floor in pick-and-roll coverage,” Brown said.
“Just Jordan Hill’s activity at the point of the screen was better than all of our bigs combined tonight.”
Added Brown: “I know in pick-and-roll coverage, if we tell our bigs — whether it’s Andrew or Pau or whoever — to be up the floor, if you’re not up the floor at the point of the screen and we’re getting hurt and somebody is [playing up on screens], then somebody else is going to play. If we give our guys a coverage, then they’ve got to do it.”

This is why Miami has been a good defensive team. Not shot blocking but Bosh's ability to stop penetration on picks

Scott obviously agrees and knows his players strengths
Quote:
When I go into the season, there are three ways we’re going to guard side pick and rolls, for example: we’re going to down it, hard show, or red it (trap). If you do it from day one, guys get better at it because they’re working on it every day in practice. I want to establish those things day-to-day, and if you do that, it takes a lot of the thinking away and gets back to reacting.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: