Will Klove pull a DH12 and leave Cavs after one year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
I think it will directly depend on how well the Cavs do, how much he likes or dislikes the city, how he's used in the offense (i.e. just a jump shooter waiting on LeBron or Kyrie passes as 3rd option, and also... How well the Lakers do (i.e. does he end up believing he's all that L.A. is missing for a title, or God willing... even a title defense).

1) at worst they'll be the #2 seed in the East, and see future potential for a ring
2)no matter what he's not leaving. lol

"On paper"
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Besides, you don't leave LeBron, he leaves you! :lol:

Exactly.

Actually, LeBron will make you seem like less than what you were when you came to play with him. Ask Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, Wally Szczerbiak, Ben Wallace, Dwayne Wade. All were highly coveted players before they joined "The King". The media calls it "He had no help" when he loses and still "gets his" numbers. Kevin Love is one losing playoff series away from dropping a level in star value in the eyes of the league, when his numbers decline playing with 'Bron. BSPN will never let it be The Best Basketball Player On he Planet's" fault.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Dreamy wrote:
One thing I don't like here is how bitter most get when discussing other teams.

For fans of such a proud franchise the potshots feel a bit petty.

The Veto happened on my birthday. Pardon me if I can't feel happy for the little (bleep) that rained on it. Screw Dan Gilbert for many lifetimes hoss.

Yup. This one is personal for me too. What are the "chances" a team gets 3 1st picks in 4 years. The very reason why lebron is back is thanks to Irving, Bennett and wiggins. All 3 1st picks. Without them he's not coming back.

So sorry if I feel no love for the owner who was one of the main reasons for the veto who just got rewarded two of the top 7 players.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Dreamy wrote:
One thing I don't like here is how bitter most get when discussing other teams.

For fans of such a proud franchise the potshots feel a bit petty.

The Veto happened on my birthday. Pardon me if I can't feel happy for the little (bleep) that rained on it. Screw Dan Gilbert for many lifetimes hoss.

Yup. This one is personal for me too. What are the "chances" a team gets 3 1st picks in 4 years. The very reason why lebron is back is thanks to Irving, Bennett and wiggins. All 3 1st picks. Without them he's not coming back.

So sorry if I feel no love for the owner who was one of the main reasons for the veto who just got rewarded two of the top 7 players.

I hate that MF too. Karma is a Bi!ch....

Irving/love r both injury prone....hope dan doesnt win sh!t
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

For a dude that has never sniffed the playoffs after putting up monster numbers, once he gets that taste and knowing that James is probably going no where. He'll definitely stay.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

NFW! Love is gonna love sucking from the teat of Lebron too much.
stag3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

i'm sure they already have a verbal agreement that he'd sign an extension before they made the trade for him, the league just can't prove it
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject:

Although rings are nice, I would not want to be in Cleveland for any reason.

But I guess he DID just leave Minnesota which might be even worse.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

i cant respect anyone who runs that fake king. let him rot in cleveland
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

Actually, LeBron will make you seem like less than what you were when you came to play with him. Ask Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, Wally Szczerbiak, Ben Wallace, Dwayne Wade. All were highly coveted players before they joined "The King". The media calls it "He had no help" when he loses and still "gets his" numbers. Kevin Love is one losing playoff series away from dropping a level in star value in the eyes of the league, when his numbers decline playing with 'Bron. BSPN will never let it be The Best Basketball Player On he Planet's" fault.

You must not watch a lot of basketball. Donyell Marshall and Damon jones were scrubs most of their careers. Larry Hughes played well for the cavs. Ben Wallace and wall szczerbiak began to break down before they went to the cavs. Dwayne also played well the first 2 seasons before breaking down.

Hate lebron all you want but there's no denying he makes players better more often than not and that's why so many players flock to play with him. I mean he made players like Daniel Gibson, mo Williams, sasha pavlovic, Delonte west, and mario charmers relevant.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

You must not watch a lot of basketball. Donyell Marshall and Damon jones were scrubs most of their careers. Larry Hughes played well for the cavs. Ben Wallace and wall szczerbiak began to break down before they went to the cavs. Dwayne also played well the first 2 seasons before breaking down.

Hate lebron all you want but there's no denying he makes players better more often than not and that's why so many players flock to play with him. I mean he made players like Daniel Gibson, mo Williams, sasha pavlovic, Delonte west, and mario charmers relevant.

Personally, I don't care about LeBron making guys better or any of that and to be frank everything about LeBron is about him lining his pockets with a Billion dollars any way you try to sugarcoat it and slice it. Your "brand" can't make a billion dollars if you're not liked coast-to-coast so what does LeBron do? Pick up and run to better younger teammates to make his "brand" look good. What really irks me is that him, Rich Paul, Broussard, Windhorst, and the rest of his "Machine" think that the public is too stupid to catch on.

Really for me, My sig is what all of this is about at the end of the day. If you're really about "keeping what you earn" and "Knowing this is a process", How about you play outside of that punk conference for once? Or how about actually developing with a group instead of jumping from one all-star cast to the next with a stacked deck? Hell, his owner didn't want us to have a point guard because he was a little hating snot using "competitive balance" as his guise to have other owners rally behind him. Now that the cat's out of the bag it's pretty clear he won't be seeing any of that "help" and number one picks for a good little while. I can go on and on about Dan Gilbert but I'll leave it at that. Like i've said before and probably will say until this B.S. storyline is over is that I can't and won't be a "happy little camper" that ESPN wants me to be about about this storyline when I see right through the crap. They are trying to re-create the Jordan 90's and I won't be a "witness" to it period. Not when I know punk moves were made in the process of this little storyline. As of right now, I don't add any clicks to their count and I swear to you I wish I had a Nielsen Box just to make my ratings of this garbage matter.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
LHQ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:
Very very little chance. He's guaranteed a trip to the ECF every season

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Floyd24NDLAL wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Enjoy Clev and the eventual decline of Lebron.

and maybe 5 rings before then! It's certainly possible.

lol 5 rings...........LMAO

aww, you're in denial.
you know the truth, tho.
The Cavs are a top 3 team in the NBA; one of the other two teams best player is extremely injury prone(Bulls), and the other team is soon to be on their way off the mountain-top because of age(Spurs).
it's certainly possible that the Cavs become a dynasty.

don't be a sad clown

If we are worried about injury, Love and Irving wrote the book on that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

stag3 wrote:
i'm sure they already have a verbal agreement that he'd sign an extension before they made the trade for him, the league just can't prove it

And it isn't enforceable.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

Personally, I don't care about LeBron making guys better or any of that and to be frank everything about LeBron is about him lining his pockets with a Billion dollars any way you try to sugarcoat it and slice it. Your "brand" can't make a billion dollars if you're not liked coast-to-coast so what does LeBron do? Pick up and run to better younger teammates to make his "brand" look good. What really irks me is that him, Rich Paul, Broussard, Windhorst, and the rest of his "Machine" think that the public is too stupid to catch on.

Really for me, My sig is what all of this is about at the end of the day. If you're really about "keeping what you earn" and "Knowing this is a process", How about you play outside of that punk conference for once? Or how about actually developing with a group instead of jumping from one all-star cast to the next with a stacked deck? Hell, his owner didn't want us to have a point guard because he was a little hating snot using "competitive balance" as his guise to have other owners rally behind him. Now that the cat's out of the bag it's pretty clear he won't be seeing any of that "help" and number one picks for a good little while. I can go on and on about Dan Gilbert but I'll leave it at that. Like i've said before and probably will say until this B.S. storyline is over is that I can't and won't be a "happy little camper" that ESPN wants me to be about about this storyline when I see right through the crap. They are trying to re-create the Jordan 90's and I won't be a "witness" to it period. Not when I know punk moves were made in the process of this little storyline. As of right now, I don't add any clicks to their count and I swear to you I wish I had a Nielsen Box just to make my ratings of this garbage matter.

If lebron wanted to be a billionaire he would've chosen the lakers or Knicks because those are the only 2 teams where that would've been possible.
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
I think it will directly depend on how well the Cavs do, how much he likes or dislikes the city, how he's used in the offense (i.e. just a jump shooter waiting on LeBron or Kyrie passes as 3rd option, and also... How well the Lakers do (i.e. does he end up believing he's all that L.A. is missing for a title, or God willing... even a title defense).

The Lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs this year, let alone win the title.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

If lebron wanted to be a billionaire he would've chosen the lakers or Knicks because those are the only 2 teams where that would've been possible.

LeBron has said numerous times over the years that his goal is to be a billion dollar athlete and in order to achieve that he has to be "loved". Being the villain in Miami wasn't going to hack it and neither was signing with us or the Knicks as his image would've taken a hit by doing that. Cleveland was the only option for him and his brand but first he had to get Love's people on board with it because again LeBron's biggest concern is looking good while winning (Which is why he went to Miami in the first place) for his favorite team, his own brand. I see through the BS and i'll pass on "witnessing" it.

EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

LeBron has said numerous times over the years that his goal is to be a billion dollar athlete and in order to achieve that he has to be "loved". Being the villain in Miami wasn't going to hack it and neither was signing with us or the Knicks as his image would've taken a hit by doing that. Cleveland was the only option for him and his brand but first he had to get Love's people on board with it because again LeBron's biggest concern is looking good while winning (Which is why he went to Miami in the first place) for his favorite team, his own brand. I see through the BS and i'll pass on "witnessing" it.

His image wouldn't have taken a big hit if he joined the Knicks. They're not nearly as hated as the lakers are and endorsement deals he would receive in that market would be astronomical even if some fans still did hate him. Also the Knicks are owned by a publicly traded company so by joining them he would cause the stock price to rise a lot thus making money in the stock market as well. I think him not signing in that market clearly shows he's not focused on being a billionaire athlete........yet.
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

Hate lebron all you want but there's no denying he makes players better
more often than not and that's why so many players flock to play with him. I mean he made players like Daniel Gibson, mo Williams, sasha pavlovic, Delonte west, and mario charmers relevant.

I'm just gonna ignore that comical comment. I do love revisionist history though... So, as for the rest... Like I said before, Marshall and Jones were relegated to "scrub" status only AFTER playing with LeBron. They were both highly coveted players before. Marshall even held the 3 point record with Kobe... while coming of the bench in 04-05. The talk was LeBron was getting a big piece to the title puzzle in Marshall. In his previous 2 seasons, he avg. 16.2 PTS -10.7 RB - 1.6 BLK - 467 FG% followed by 11.5 , 6.6, .7 and 44,3. Here's a link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2111786 Damon Jones... and the others I named... same thing. Here's some more links to refresh your memory. Nobody makes it out with an unscathed rep after playing with LeBron... who isn't named Zydrunas. Ask Mo Williams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2154564

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/3/12/4091052/nba-free-agency-revisiting-the-cavs-signing-of-larry-hughes

http://www.cavsnews.com/20080221-1010.php

Let ESPN tell (sell) it... It was everybody else's fault They gave LeBron no help, and were promptly promoted as scrubs and bad guys. All the while they push the FALSE NARRATIVE that LeBron makes everybody better, just because he makes assist passes.

Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

His image wouldn't have taken a big hit if he joined the Knicks. They're not nearly as hated as the lakers are and endorsement deals he would receive in that market would be astronomical even if some fans still did hate him. Also the Knicks are owned by a publicly traded company so by joining them he would cause the stock price to rise a lot thus making money in the stock market as well. I think him not signing in that market clearly shows he's not focused on being a billionaire athlete........yet.

So he wouldn't have been looked at as a mercenary huh? Jumping from one team to the next? ...And let's forget about the fact that the Knicks were capped out too huh? I'm not even going to address the endorsement deals comment like LeBron's favorite team aka his own brand is on that Shawn Marion level where going to NY would make a difference. We're talking about a Billion here and local endorsements are a drop in the hat for someone like LeBron... This is Chess not Checkers and Cleveland was a well designed move for him and his brand. Knowing that, i'm not lining their pockets. Period Point blank.

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

So he wouldn't have been looked at as a mercenary huh? Jumping from one team to the next? ...And let's forget about the fact that the Knicks were capped out too huh? I'm not even going to address the endorsement deals comment like LeBron's favorite team aka his own brand is on that Shawn Marion level where going to NY would make a difference. We're talking about a Billion here and local endorsements are a drop in the hat for someone like LeBron... This is Chess not Checkers and Cleveland was a well designed move for him and his brand. Knowing that, i'm not lining their pockets. Period Point blank.

You aren't going to accept LeBron James, THE GOAT as your basketball Lord and Savior?

When the Great Crab Dribble Rapture comes...you will be left behind brother.

*floats away*

!...
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Naw.

Exactly.

Hate lebron all you want but there's no denying he makes players better
more often than not and that's why so many players flock to play with him. I mean he made players like Daniel Gibson, mo Williams, sasha pavlovic, Delonte west, and mario charmers relevant.

I'm just gonna ignore that comical comment. I do love revisionist history though... So, as for the rest... Like I said before, Marshall and Jones were relegated to "scrub" status only AFTER playing with LeBron. They were both highly coveted players before. Marshall even held the 3 point record with Kobe... while coming of the bench in 04-05. The talk was LeBron was getting a big piece to the title puzzle in Marshall. In his previous 2 seasons, he avg. 16.2 PTS -10.7 RB - 1.6 BLK - 467 FG% followed by 11.5 , 6.6, .7 and 44,3. Here's a link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2111786 Damon Jones... and the others I named... same thing. Here's some more links to refresh your memory. Nobody makes it out with an unscathed rep after playing with LeBron... who isn't named Zydrunas. Ask Mo Williams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2154564

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/3/12/4091052/nba-free-agency-revisiting-the-cavs-signing-of-larry-hughes

http://www.cavsnews.com/20080221-1010.php

Let ESPN tell (sell) it... It was everybody else's fault They gave LeBron no help, and were promptly promoted as scrubs and bad guys. All the while they push the FALSE NARRATIVE that LeBron makes everybody better, just because he makes assist passes.

I don't want to spend too much time arguing with you because I can see where this going, but just in case you don't know Damon jones played for 10 teams before he was on the cavs. I'm pretty sure he was considered a scrub long before he went the cavs lol. Also Donyell Marshall did have a good year his first year on the cavs but his second year he regressed a little bit because he had his minutes slashed. I would blame mike brown for that not lebron. Also Larry Hughes regressed even more after the cavs.

Ps I would check out Karl malone, Gary Payton, and Vladimir radmanovic and tell me what team they were playing for when they started to regress. Systems and coaches have a lot to do with regressions. Not just one player specifically.

I'm not trying to defend lebron religiously, but he gets blamed for some pretty outlandish things here.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is a certain type of player, ball dominant, no real off ball game (except his post ups), driving machine. He's going to make players who synergize with that style better, because he is really really really really good at what he does well.

But other types of players, he tends to make them look worse. Wade, once he deferred look worse before he started to break down, Bosh, well he sacrificed his game to the altar of Bron.

I don't think there's even been a player that makes things better for everyone in their team (Kobe for example, while great for opening space for bigs tended to suck the life out of the games of fellow guards/wings), it's just way too black and white to say "makes people better" or doesn't, good for media sound bites though.

The problem with Cleveland mark 1, wasn't even that the players were awful, they weren't great, but they were also the wrong types of players, like their GM was sitting there going "this guy is good, let's add him to lebron" rather than "this guy has a game that would be good alongside lebron"
mackytotskee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Lebron is a certain type of player, ball dominant, no real off ball game (except his post ups), driving machine. He's going to make players who synergize with that style better, because he is really really really really good at what he does well.

But other types of players, he tends to make them look worse. Wade, once he deferred look worse before he started to break down, Bosh, well he sacrificed his game to the altar of Bron.

I don't think there's even been a player that makes things better for everyone in their team (Kobe for example, while great for opening space for bigs tended to suck the life out of the games of fellow guards/wings), it's just way too black and white to say "makes people better" or doesn't, good for media sound bites though.

The problem with Cleveland mark 1, wasn't even that the players were awful, they weren't great, but they were also the wrong types of players, like their GM was sitting there going "this guy is good, let's add him to lebron" rather than "this guy has a game that would be good alongside lebron"

IMO, Steve Nash made his teammates look better.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject:

mackytotskee wrote:
Telleris wrote:

IMO, Steve Nash made his teammates look better.

Not so much in Dallas when not in 7 seconds or less.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: