Can the Lakers overthrone the Clippers as the best team in L.A.?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Can the Lakers overthrone the Clippers as the best team in L.A.?

I think we can for a few reasons;

We finally have a big-man that can match up with Griffin physically.... he might even be stronger then Griffin....

Spencer Hawes might be a good player... but Davis or Boozer would just own him down low every time...

the bench might be a advantage for the Clippers....

the PG match-up obviously goes to the Clippers but Lin did give Lilard some trouble in the playoffs when he was guarding him.

I would say people who think the Clippers are gonna run away with the Pacific division probably are just thinking out loud... the Lakers can match-up with the Clippers we just need to stay healthy which is easier said then done.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Your premise is faulty. 17-0
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:

6 over Par

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm just going with what the media is saying... they think this is the Clippers town now... the Lakers need to prove them wrong and that will start by owning those goons on Halloween night.
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Is this a serious question? Clippers won 57 games last season and is coming into this season with an improved roster... Lakers will be fighting for the 8th seed. Unless this team has superb chemistry and Mitch pulls off some magic trick ala the Pau trade in 08, the answer is easily no not this season
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I'm just going with what the media is saying... they think this is the Clippers town now... the Lakers need to prove them wrong and that will start by owning those goons on Halloween night.

That's the national media and their "storyline". To the people that matter, This will always be a Laker town. No need to win this year to prove it.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Do you just say the same thing every year? Just curious because you said the same thing last year too.

There will be no dethroning next season since the Clippers aren't kings. We're also not going to beat them in regular season.

I do think we'll win a chip before they do though.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:
Is this a serious question? Clippers won 57 games last season and is coming into this season with an improved roster... Lakers will be fighting for the 8th seed. Unless this team has superb chemistry and Mitch pulls off some magic trick ala the Pau trade in 08, the answer is easily no not this season

He always does that. It's serious but not.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if "overthrone"is supposed to be "overthrow" or "dethrone", but in either case, I don't think the Lakers will ever be able to replace the Clippers as the best team in Los Angeles, because first, the Clippers would actually have to become the better Los Angeles basketball team in order for them to do so.

And I'm pretty sure that the Lakers have always been and continue to be the better run team, and the Clippers have always been and continue to be the worse run team, the Lakers will never be in a position to overthrow or dethrone the Clippers.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I'm just going with what the media is saying...

OK, that's your first mistake.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Not possible. This is a Lakers town.

But can we have the better record this season? No I don't think thats likely.
chazz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Can the Lakers overthrone the Clippers as the best team in L.A.?

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

We finally have a big-man that can match up with Griffin physically.... he might even be stronger then Griffin....

Spencer Hawes might be a good player... but Davis or Boozer would just own him down low every time...

the PG match-up obviously goes to the Clippers but Lin did give Lilard some trouble in the playoffs when he was guarding him.

I would say people who think the Clippers are gonna run away with the Pacific division probably are just thinking out loud... the Lakers can match-up with the Clippers we just need to stay healthy which is easier said then done.

Didn't you learn from your over positive posts last year??? You kept on with these types of posts and then had a HUUUUGE meltdown prior to December of last year.

Now Clippers are a proven team while the Lakers have a new coach, Kobe coming off major injury, an old man Nash and now learning another new system.

I think Lakers mught pull off a surprise and be a 6-7 seed but they do not have nearly the firepower that the Clippers have
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

by media you mean BSPN?
Dreamy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

KOBEE 2.0 lol
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Clips need to win a chip before they claim such positions.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I believe it's accurate to say that the best "team" in L.A. is the Clippers. Over the past few seasons, the Clippers have had better seasons, than the Lakers.

Not just that, but they have more proven commodities on their team, such as Griffin, CP, Jordan, Crawford, Barnes, Redick (and now Farmar).

However, that's not to say that the Clippers have a better franchise/history, than the Lakers. Because, despite the questions surrounding the Lakers front office, and the Clippers shuttling Sterling for Ballmer, the Lakers are proven as a franchise, and L.A. is still Laker town. Those are just the facts.

I can't say for certain that the Lakers will do better than the Clippers, this season. But, I do believe the Lakers will be better than most expect. And, that Laker fortunes will take a decided upturn in the coming years.

ZOOM!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject:

There is no way this guy is serious. He's probably our resident troll now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Stream of consciousness at its worst I suppose.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Sago.... I thought LG was a place for opinions? I think the Clippers are vastly overrated.... they always try to make these moves every summer and come up short.... they will obviously win 50+ games but will show there true down side during the playoffs..

sorry if people think this thread is absurd... I guess that is why the off-season is the dogs day off the summer.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject:

THE POWER OF DEUCE COMPELS YOU!

!...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Sago.... I thought LG was a place for opinions? I think the Clippers are vastly overrated.... they always try to make these moves every summer and come up short.... they will obviously win 50+ games but will show there true down side during the playoffs..

sorry if people think this thread is absurd... I guess that is why the off-season is the dogs day off the summer.

it's not absurd man.everybody knows the Clippers are better than us. Being the best team in LA right now, isn't that prestigious of a throne, tho. Being the best team in a conference, or being the best team in the NBA is prestigious. Having "the crown of LA" doesnt mean anything if youre not winning rings, or at least a top 2 team in your conference, SOMETHING.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
THE POWER OF DEUCE COMPELS YOU!

Only you if you add some sugar on you're lipton tea
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Can the Lakers overthrone the Clippers as the best team in L.A.?

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Davis can't physically match up with Jordan stop it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: