Kobe has more points than anyone in NBA history at age 36
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Kobe has more points than anyone in NBA history at age 36

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/kobe-bryant-birthday-career-points
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

More balls too.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

That's a pretty awesome achievement, although, when you've taken the most shots than anyone in the NBA history at 36 years of age, you better have scored the most points!
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
That's a pretty awesome achievement, although, when you've taken the most shots than anyone in the NBA history at 36 years of age, you better have scored the most points!

Not necessarily.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

This is like arguing if you have the most money you spend the most money...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not necessarily.

What do you mean? Kobe has already taken more shots than any other player in NBA history hasn't he? I thought he hit that mark well before he even hurt his achilles.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

This is like arguing if you have the most money you spend the most money...

Actually, it's the other way around. If you have spent the most money (i.e. taken the most shots) then you should have the most money (i.e. made shots or points).
Yoki24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

lol pathetic.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

lol pathetic.

I know right.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

lol pathetic.

It's not pathetic. It's still a great accomplishment to have scored more than any other 36 year old player.

It just adds some context that he has taken more shots than any player at any age and hit that mark almost two years ago. So it should be expected that he's up there in the scoring ranks.

Honestly, that really just speaks more to me to Kobe's work ethic and, for a while at least, his ability to stay as healthy as he did, play through in ljuries the way he did, and take on the offensive load he did more than anything. He who has missed the most shots should also make the most shots. To get there is the real accomplishment IMO.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not necessarily.

What do you mean? Kobe has already taken more shots than any other player in NBA history hasn't he? I thought he hit that mark well before he even hurt his achilles.

Nice agenda, but factually incorrect.

Kobe is behind KAJ, Karl Malone and Michael Jordan. Those are also the 3 he trails in career points.
saacman5033
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not necessarily.

Kobe is behind KAJ, Karl Malone and Michael Jordan. Those are also the 3 he trails in career points.

Indeed. I believe ringfinger is confusing most career attempts with most career misses. Kobe holds the NBA record for most career missed shots, not attempts.
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Had kobe not missed all of last season out this number would've been higher.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Should be interesting to see if he can score more points than any other 36yo has in one season. Malone currently is the leader at 25per game @ age 36.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

lol pathetic.

It's not pathetic. It's still a great accomplishment to have scored more than any other 36 year old player.

It just adds some context that he has taken more shots than any player at any age and hit that mark almost two years ago. So it should be expected that he's up there in the scoring ranks.

Honestly, that really just speaks more to me to Kobe's work ethic and, for a while at least, his ability to stay as healthy as he did, play through in ljuries the way he did, and take on the offensive load he did more than anything. He who has missed the most shots should also make the most shots. To get there is the real accomplishment IMO.

Please just stop posting when it comes to the subject of kobe.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
just stop. It's obvious you want a response. Obvious.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject:

saacman5033 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not necessarily.

Indeed. I believe ringfinger is confusing most career attempts with most career misses. Kobe holds the NBA record for most career missed shots, not attempts.

Ahhh yes. You're right. I knew he had the most misses and so I assumed he would have also had the most attempts. In either case, I really think it speaks to his ability to play through injuries and heavy minutes more than anything else.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
saacman5033 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not necessarily.

Ahhh yes. You're right. I knew he had the most misses and so I assumed he would have also had the most attempts. In either case, I really think it speaks to his ability to play through injuries and heavy minutes more than anything else

More three point attempts out of kaj, Malone and MJ obviously which is a big factor. Ringbinger troll to much.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
saacman5033 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not necessarily.

Ahhh yes. You're right. I knew he had the most misses and so I assumed he would have also had the most attempts. In either case, I really think it speaks to his ability to play through injuries and heavy minutes more than anything else

More three point attempts out of kaj, Malone and MJ obviously which is a big factor. Ringbinger troll to much.

Excuse me? I just said it speaks to Kobe's durability and ability to play through injury to get there. What is trolling about that?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject:

You're a terrible troll. Got called out, had to pwn up, and it's quite funny watching you backpeddle.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kobe Bryant has scored more points by his 36th birthday than any player in NBA history

''EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT"
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
You're a terrible troll. Got called out, had to pwn up, and it's quite funny watching you backpeddle.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. Why am I a troll? And how did I get called out?

I didn't even say anything bad about Kobe. What's wrong with you guys?
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Usually when ESPN posts these kind of stats, they get accused of kobe hating or jordan/lebron ball washing and all that. It's too bad because I find these stats interesting no matter who leads them.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

it's pretty cool but unfortunately lebron is on pace to eclipse kobe on these age-based records unless he injures himself .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: