9 Year Old Girl Shoots Instructor With an Uzi.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
revgen wrote:
kikanga wrote:

What practical purpose does an American citizen need an uzi for? Besides killing other people at an accelerated rate.

Uzis are not for practical purposes. They are for extreme situations.

Like mowing down innocent people in malls and schools?

Are we talking about legal use or illegal use?
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

good job making this tragic accident a story about responsible gun ownership in this country.

Pathetic attempt and frankly, I expect more from this board. Oh well.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
good job making this tragic accident a story about responsible gun ownership in this country.

Tragic accident? Do you think the circumstances that led to this accident are acceptable? This result should not shocking to anyone, they gave a 9 year old a fully automatic weapon, that is insanely irresponsible (and that's putting it lightly.) As far as I'm concerned, the parents are responsible for their child likely being traumatized by the event, and deserve a visit from CPS.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:

A tragic accident that was entirely avoidable with some responsible parenting, and responsible business practices - involving a gun that should never have been in teh hands of a 9 year old.

Quote:

Your dismissal of the level of irresponsibility in this incident is what's pathetic.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Kazaam wrote:

Tragic accident? Do you think the circumstances that led to this accident are acceptable? This result should not shocking to anyone, they gave a 9 year old a fully automatic weapon, that is insanely irresponsible (and that's putting it lightly.) As far as I'm concerned, the parents are responsible for their child likely being traumatized by the event, and deserve a visit from CPS.

I agree completely. It's still a tragic accident that should not be used to vilify those who are in favor of responsible gun ownership.

The parent's of this 9 year old should be held accountable, as well the instructor. Like many have said here, a 9 year old shouldn't be anywhere near a fully automatic weapon and once that instructor said "ok" to her parent's, he sealed his own fate.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Kazaam wrote:

A tragic accident that was entirely avoidable with some responsible parenting, and responsible business practices - involving a gun that should never have been in teh hands of a 9 year old.

Quote:

Your dismissal of the level of irresponsibility in this incident is what's pathetic.

Buddy, you're the one who automatically equated this incident in with RESPONSIBLE gun ownership.

Can you please point to my post, where I dismiss the level of irresponsibility by the parents and instructor... go ahead, I'm waiting.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Kazaam wrote:

Quote:

Buddy, you're the one who automatically equated this incident in with RESPONSIBLE gun ownership.

Can you please point to my post, where I dismiss the level of irresponsibility by the parents and instructor... go ahead, I'm waiting.

Does the obvious irony of this incident really go over your head?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Kazaam wrote:

I agree completely. It's still a tragic accident that should not be used to vilify those who are in favor of responsible gun ownership.

The parent's of this 9 year old should be held accountable, as well the instructor. Like many have said here, a 9 year old shouldn't be anywhere near a fully automatic weapon and once that instructor said "ok" to her parent's, he sealed his own fate.

Um...the instructor died so I would say he paid the ultimate price.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I wouldn't let an untrained adult try an Uzi.

I would be scared to death to even hold one. And I know how to take out grown men easily with my hands, knees elbows etc....Just shear lunacy.

I've gone shooting a few times, and every time I'm very aware of the power that these guns have. It is pretty scary.

The "trainer" got so used to shooting that he lost respect for the power of the weapon. He paid for that with his life.

I look at it in the same way as dealing with big and powerful wild animals. You may be well trained and know how to work with them, but if at any point you get complacent you risk death.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Waiting for the NRA to make a statement blaming the incident on violent video games and tv.

Next time someone tells me, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". I will send them this link. That 9 year old doesn't look like a cold-hearted killer to me. The saying should be, "Guns don't murder people, but manslaughter is a different story".

What practical purpose does an American citizen need an uzi for? Besides killing other people at an accelerated rate. I hope no bullied school kid gets his hands on that weapon. Considering a 9 year old girl accidentally killed someone with it, I'm sure an older male with malevolent intentions could do exponentially worse.

People don't have Uzis for practical reasons. They have them because they are enthusiasts.

Just like you don't have a $150,000 sports car practical reasons.

And just like with that sports car, you don't hand the keys to a child under any circumstance.

The "trainer" was a fool.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

The irony in all of this is the instructor in trying to demonstrate that a 9 year old can safely handle an uzi lost their life over it.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
revgen wrote:
kikanga wrote:

What practical purpose does an American citizen need an uzi for? Besides killing other people at an accelerated rate.

Most common use in human/human interactions in this country.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
I wouldn't let an untrained adult try an Uzi.

I would be scared to death to even hold one. And I know how to take out grown men easily with my hands, knees elbows etc....Just shear lunacy.

I've gone shooting a few times, and every time I'm very aware of the power that these guns have. It is pretty scary.

The "trainer" got so used to shooting that he lost respect for the power of the weapon. He paid for that with his life.

I look at it in the same way as dealing with big and powerful wild animals. You may be well trained and know how to work with them, but if at any point you get complacent you risk death.

On this we agree. He was experienced and became cavalier. It cost him his life.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Waiting for the NRA to make a statement blaming the incident on violent video games and tv.

Next time someone tells me, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". I will send them this link. That 9 year old doesn't look like a cold-hearted killer to me. The saying should be, "Guns don't murder people, but manslaughter is a different story".

What practical purpose does an American citizen need an uzi for? Besides killing other people at an accelerated rate. I hope no bullied school kid gets his hands on that weapon. Considering a 9 year old girl accidentally killed someone with it, I'm sure an older male with malevolent intentions could do exponentially worse.

People don't have Uzis for practical reasons. They have them because they are enthusiasts.

Just like you don't have a $150,000 sports car practical reasons.

And just like with that sports car, you don't hand the keys to a child under any circumstance.

The "trainer" was a fool

Yep
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The thing I love about the Responsible Gun Owners crowd is the lengths they are willing to go to demonstrate what an oxymoron the idea can be.

The thing I love about the Responsible Car Owners crowd is the lengths they are willing to go to demonstrate what an oxymoron the idea can be.

Oh my god.

!...
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject:

WTF is a 9 year old girl doing with a submachine gun her hands?

Something deep in this country's culture needs to change. Strickt gun laws is the answer IMO.
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
revgen wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Most common use in human/human interactions in this country.

I could be wrong, but I've yet to hear of a domestic terrorist or genocidal maniac using an Uzi in this country in recent years. Probably because they're so expensive.

The most common use of an Uzi is probably on gun ranges by enthusiasts who can and are willing to pay for them.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

Her parents were there. Shame on them. As much as I blame them, the ultimate blame really falls on the "expert" who made it happen. He was voluntarily teaching a child to use an automatic weapon. Not only do I think it inappropriate, I think it might qualify as child endangerment. There are youth appropriate firearms. Most parents who want to teach their children will do so with air guns or .22 rifles and work them up to more serious stuff as they get older and stronger. To me, handing a 9 year old kid an uzi, even with supervision, is about on par with teaching a 9 year old to drive a Porsche on the freeway.
I am a strong advocate for gun rights for adults. I am also okay with appropriate gun safety training for children, especially if they are going to be around guns. This was not appropriate and was not training in any sense.
This scenario had an entirely avoidable and foreseeable outcome. Unfortunately, a child will be paying for adult stupidity for the rest of her life. The only thing I am grateful for is that the poor girl wasn't the one shot and killed.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Her parents were there. Shame on them. As much as I blame them, the ultimate blame really falls on the "expert" who made it happen. He was voluntarily teaching a child to use an automatic weapon. Not only do I think it inappropriate, I think it might qualify as child endangerment. There are youth appropriate firearms. Most parents who want to teach their children will do so with air guns or .22 rifles and work them up to more serious stuff as they get older and stronger. To me, handing a 9 year old kid an uzi, even with supervision, is about on par with teaching a 9 year old to drive a Porsche on the freeway.
I am a strong advocate for gun rights for adults. I am also okay with appropriate gun safety training for children, especially if they are going to be around guns. This was not appropriate and was not training in any sense.
This scenario had an entirely avoidable and foreseeable outcome. Unfortunately, a child will be paying for adult stupidity for the rest of her life. The only thing I am grateful for is that the poor girl wasn't the one shot and killed.

Well, it was "training" in one sense. She definitely learned a lesson.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Well, it was "training" in one sense. She definitely learned a lesson.

A lesson she should have never had to learn. 10 to 1 that girl had no desire to be at that gun range and was forced to be there by her redneck parents.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Yep. Though there's no discernible recoil from a .22 (non-magnum) I wouldn't trust a 9 year old with one. I wouldn't even entrust one with a pellet gun pistol due to the short barrel length.

The instructor was a damn fool:

1. Nine year olds cannot handle an Uzi
2. If you disregard #1, you stand behind the shooter
3. If you disregard #1 & #2, you keep a hand on the weapon, with a grip over the weapon as the recoil on an automatic is surprising to a beginner of any age, and the recoil will jerk the weapon upward.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Yep. Though there's no discernible recoil from a .22 (non-magnum) I wouldn't trust a 9 year old with one. I wouldn't even entrust one with a pellet gun pistol due to the short barrel length.

The instructor was a damn fool:

1. Nine year olds cannot handle an Uzi
2. If you disregard #1, you stand behind the shooter
3. If you disregard #1 & #2, you keep a hand on the weapon, with a grip over the weapon as the recoil on an automatic is surprising to a beginner of any age, and the recoil will jerk the weapon upward.

Safe to say the instructor got careless and paid for it with his life. Their lucky the gun didn't kill anybody else on the range.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
10 to 1 that girl had no desire to be at that gun range and was forced to be there by her redneck parents.

Those odds sound right.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

And.. Uzi's have one of, if not the worst knockbacks.. dumb dumb people.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

My concern is for the 9 year old child. She has to carry the burden of taking a life for the rest of hers. I hope someone is getting her the help she probably needs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: