9 Year Old Girl Shoots Instructor With an Uzi.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My concern is for the 9 year old child. She has to carry the burden of taking a life for the rest of hers. I hope someone is getting her the help she probably needs.

Good point, she probably has little clue of what she really did. It isn't really her fault, but it won't be easy to reconcile that guilt.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
jodeke wrote:
My concern is for the 9 year old child. She has to carry the burden of taking a life for the rest of hers. I hope someone is getting her the help she probably needs.

Good point, she probably has little clue of what she really did. It isn't really her fault, but it won't be easy to reconcile that guilt.

The guy took a head wound while standing right next to her. It was obviously a grizzly sight. Sadly, I'm sure she's painfully aware of what happened. I wish I had any confidence that her parents, who put her in the situation in the first place, were the kind of people who had the common sense to be able to deal with the aftermath. The likely scenario is they sit her down and tell her to suck it up, "Don't worry kid. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. We'll find another instructor and you can work on your grip".
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The guy took a head wound while standing right next to her. It was obviously a grizzly sight. Sadly, I'm sure she's painfully aware of what happened. I wish I had any confidence that her parents, who put her in the situation in the first place, were the kind of people who had the common sense to be able to deal with the aftermath. The likely scenario is they sit her down and tell her to suck it up, "Don't worry kid. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. We'll find another instructor and you can work on your grip".

Where is CPS when they're most needed. This video has gone viral, they have to be aware of the abuse.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Dominator wrote:
10 to 1 that girl had no desire to be at that gun range and was forced to be there by her redneck parents.

Those odds sound right.

According to the owner of the gun range that wasn't the case.

"This was a very mature young lady. This was something she wanted to do and her parents were training her. This was something that was high on her bucket list to do and her parents took her out to do what was gonna do."

FULL INTERVIEW
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dominator wrote:
10 to 1 that girl had no desire to be at that gun range and was forced to be there by her redneck parents.

Those odds sound right.

"This was a very mature young lady. This was something she wanted to do and her parents were training her. This was something that was high on her bucket list to do and her parents took her out to do what was gonna do."

FULL INTERVIEW

Way to take charge, parents.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Those odds sound right.

FULL INTERVIEW

She's 9 and probably not dying, I don't think its a very smart thing to allow her to handle such a high powered weapon with or without an instructor nearby.
thesource
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Who has a bucket list at 9?

The daughter of psycho "always prepare for the end of the world" type parents. No kid will ever need to defend themselves with an uzi...
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
bucket list

[x] visit the grand canyon
[x] fire uzi
[x] shoot a guy in the head
[ ] make it through life without PTSD

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject:

thesource wrote:
Who has a bucket list at 9?

The daughter of psycho "always prepare for the end of the world" type parents. No kid will ever need to defend themselves with an uzi...

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Quote:
bucket list

[x] fire uzi
[ ] puberty

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject:

Age should be a factor in limiting who can safely fire an automatic, but couldn't a weak adult also be susceptible to losing control of an uzi? They should essentially have a strength test before allowing anyone to fire such a weapon.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Those odds sound right.

FULL INTERVIEW

So if your child comes to you at age 9 and says, "I really want to try this wing-suit where buzz cliffs as you freefall" one shoud just say "OK, since it's on your "bucket list"?

And where do you think she got this desire shoot an automatic weapon? From watching The Disney Channel? Or perhaps the redneck parents who think taking their small child to gun range to shoot an automatic machine gun?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Those odds sound right.

FULL INTERVIEW

So if your child comes to you at age 9 and says, "I really want to try this wing-suit where buzz cliffs as you freefall" one shoud just say "OK, since it's on your "bucket list"?

And where do you think she got this desire shoot an automatic weapon? From watching The Disney Channel? Or perhaps the redneck parents who think taking their small child to gun range to shoot an automatic machine gun?

You know what DMR, I don't think some people look deep enough to see that parenting is really deeply rooted in many of societies problems.

I applaud you for being one who will point a finger. This time at what I consider to be the root of this particular tragedy.

What brilliant parents, teaching their child to shoot the weapon of choice of gang bangers and school massacres. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Here's the good news in this story. I remember a story not too long ago, maybe less than 2 yrs ago, where an 8-9 yr old boy was allowed to shoot an UZI at one of those events and the recoil killed him, not an adult, preferably his father.

Not saying it'll be easy for her at all, but there's more hope that she'll move past it without as much damage as she may have had at 16, say. Kids that are young are still resilient. Then again, I'm hoping she's at least got the support to make that happen.

Lastly, an UZI? They've gotta be kidding, no pun intended. You would be well advised to pass on a sub-21 yr old shooting a Mac 10 or some shh. Their power is deceptive by nature like a poisonous mushroom.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Those odds sound right.

FULL INTERVIEW

Then The USMC sis salivating over this fine future recruit!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Those odds sound right.

FULL INTERVIEW

How would the owner of the gun range know any of this?

I mean, come on.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Age should be a factor in limiting who can safely fire an automatic, but couldn't a weak adult also be susceptible to losing control of an uzi? They should essentially have a strength test before allowing anyone to fire such a weapon.

With a weapon like that, it's not so much about strength as it is about composure.

A small, but highly composed adult, could handle it fine. There is still recoil, but it's not going to throw you or anything. You just fire in short bursts, and most importantly, let go of the trigger.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject:

All you people bringing knives to win, she ain't with that
When a 9 year old girl bring a gun that (bleep) gone come with a kickback!
As soon as she lift that, watch a girl load it up
that (bleep) go kaboom!
her little brother gone have to hold her up!
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Not many times, when the guy that got his head blown off, is only the second most injured person, in the incident. This poor child.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

With a weapon like that, it's not so much about strength as it is about composure.

A small, but highly composed adult, could handle it fine. There is still recoil, but it's not going to throw you or anything. You just fire in short bursts, and most importantly, let go of the trigger.

Well you could be cool like Fonzie but if your wrists are weak and you have a loose grip then that leather jacket it gonna have some bullet holes in it.
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

There are still some unknowns like how much did the parents know about firearms and what kind of previous experience does their daughter have, if any.

Whatever the case, I'm going to go with the instructor on who's more to blame.

It was him who should've said no, your daughter won't be able to handle the high cyclic rate and muzzle flip/recoil of an micro uzi pistol.

It was him who should have stood just behind the kid instead to the left ready to take control of the gun if it were to swing out of control.

It was him who should have gone with a gun consisting of a butt stock if it had to be fully automatic.

He ultimately paid for the mistake with his life. Then again people have done stupider things in order to make a buck and still live to tell about it.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Those odds sound right.

FULL INTERVIEW

That is hilarious. Is this real life?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
C M B wrote:
Quote:
bucket list

[x] fire uzi
[ ] puberty

Most girls just wait til they get married before they end a guy's life.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The thing I love about the Responsible Gun Owners crowd is the lengths they are willing to go to demonstrate what an oxymoron the idea can be.

The thing I love about the Responsible Car Owners crowd is the lengths they are willing to go to demonstrate what an oxymoron the idea can be.

FALSE EQUIVALENCY

Pop quiz. Use the following words to fill in the blanks in a way that makes the most sense:

car
gun

"To get to my job I used my _______ to travel 75 miles in 70 minutes!"

"My 9 year old daughter was holding a ______ when it did what it was specifically designed for: putting a hole in a guy's brain."

This is like the GRE, only more difficult.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject:

This is not meant to restart a debate, but to show that some human beings are decent and worthy of our respect.

Link to statement by the family of the instructor

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: