Mark Willard is Leaving 710 ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Trudell is good people.

Hell I'd take him over Ireland doing just about anything. Pretty tired of midget face all around.

Willard gone is awesome. I don't know of a single listener of 710 that could stand that gash.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

The format was much better when the A-listers started at 10 a.m. That 10 a.m. show gets a jump on all the new stories for that day and play a heavy hand in the direction of the shows for the rest of the day. While the complaints about Max are surely valid, him and Marcellus breaking down the days news starting at 10 a.m. was vastly more entertaining than Willard being the one to introduce it on ESPNLA NOW. Maybe they will move Mason and Ireland to 10-2, and MM to 2-6. That would be optimal in my opinion. You need to get your best hosts jumping on the days top stories. I am surprised that ESPNLA claims rating increases over the last few years, because personally I started listening much less when the changed the format and added the 10 to noon filler show.
KB4MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject:

how did he go out? I didn't listen to the show today.

Yes, NO to ben lyons. I don't know why he's doing sports. He's a celebrity reporter. We don't need to know about A-listers and stuff
Sidehatch
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

No. He was a douche. Never talked about the Doyers and always bragging about his kids and his Manhattan Beach house.

He probably didn't talk Doyers much because he's a San Francisco native and a SF Giants fan. Also Doyers talk is very limited on 710 because of the fear of management of helping rival 570

On PMS, Petros mentioned how one time before interviewing Willard, Mark ... who was wearing a SF Giants jersey ... asked Petros to please not mention it since they were going to be talking baseball.

Of course, the first thing Petros says after introducing Willard is, "So what's up with that Giants jersey you're wearing?"

I heard that story and loved it. It really explained why he was always not-so-subtly-but-thinking-he's-subtle-by-trolling-oh-so-blatantly-trolling Lakers, Dodgers, and everything else. What also killed me was his blatant airtime killing, huge endless intros. Sooooo unnecessary and lacking for content. Kellerman is similar - why do analysis when you can talk about the Lakers' Mt. Rushmore for 1/3 of your shows, every every year?

What I love about Petros and Money is they are self-aware --- they don't waste time with inflated trolling --- it's either actual analysis or straight humor. No bs.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

I actually like the ESPN crew, including Willard. Just, no to Lyons.

I prefer Mason and Ireland providing some depth to the stories that start at 10am.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

KB4MVP wrote:
how did he go out? I didn't listen to the show today.

Yes, NO to ben lyons. I don't know why he's doing sports. He's a celebrity reporter. We don't need to know about A-listers and stuff

There was what sounded like a zip tie being extended, then some gurgling noises, and after about twenty five seconds Mike Trudell started talking as if there was never an interruption to the show.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

The only person I truly dislike on 710 is Marcellus.
Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject:

He was alright as a host, but his on-air chemistry with Mychal was very palpable and it made the show worth listening to. Sad to see him go.

Trudell's a very sharp guy who knows his basketball (obviously), but I'm not at all interested in any soccer talk.

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
rak_90046
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject:

He started to cry.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject:

rak_90046 wrote:
He started to cry.

Was this on the Friday show?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Sidehatch wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

No. He was a douche. Never talked about the Doyers and always bragging about his kids and his Manhattan Beach house.

He probably didn't talk Doyers much because he's a San Francisco native and a SF Giants fan. Also Doyers talk is very limited on 710 because of the fear of management of helping rival 570

On PMS, Petros mentioned how one time before interviewing Willard, Mark ... who was wearing a SF Giants jersey ... asked Petros to please not mention it since they were going to be talking baseball.

Of course, the first thing Petros says after introducing Willard is, "So what's up with that Giants jersey you're wearing?"

I heard that story and loved it. It really explained why he was always not-so-subtly-but-thinking-he's-subtle-by-trolling-oh-so-blatantly-trolling Lakers, Dodgers, and everything else. What also killed me was his blatant airtime killing, huge endless intros. Sooooo unnecessary and lacking for content. Kellerman is similar - why do analysis when you can talk about the Lakers' Mt. Rushmore for 1/3 of your shows, every every year?

What I love about Petros and Money is they are self-aware --- they don't waste time with inflated trolling --- it's either actual analysis or straight humor. No bs.

Yea , those guys dont troll at all...

Their humor is okay, but theyr are clear lakers, and especially kobe haters. Difference between those guys and hartman is that steve played a personality in a show.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Kobewood wrote:
He was alright as a host, but his on-air chemistry with Mychal was very palpable and it made the show worth listening to. Sad to see him go.

Trudell's a very sharp guy who knows his basketball (obviously), but I'm not at all interested in any soccer talk.

Mychal, because he's so laid back, is good to pair with anyone. However, because Mychal is so laid back, the main host has to really be on the ball and be able to steer the show. Willard, was "ok", but he at times could be annoying with his tendency to try and stir the pot. It was funny when he would be paired with someone who wouldn't put up with it ( Keyshawn).

!...
rak_90046
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
rak_90046 wrote:
He started to cry.

Was this on the Friday show?

Yes. When he was thanking every person. Pretty emotional.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

Definitely wasnt a Willard fan, sorry to see him lose his gig.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Ice Cube?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I wondered what happened to him. Time to bring back Thompson and Hartman.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

Willard was awful! I hate for anyone to lose their job but he obviously sucked. MT is great and him and Mike would be awesome. Please no to Ben! awful new york and bay guys.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

I think Lyon got the job. What a terrible hire. What all he does is on and on about how much he loves the Knicks and how he thinks he's this big time celebrity because of his dad. Him and that idiot clipper bandwagoner Marcellus is the reasons why I will not be listening to 710 anymore. Good job to the idiot who runs this station.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
I think Lyon got the job. What a terrible hire. What all he does is on and on about how much he loves the Knicks and how he thinks he's this big time celebrity because of his dad. Him and that idiot clipper bandwagoner Marcellus is the reasons why I will not be listening to 710 anymore. Good job to the idiot who runs this station.

What makes you think that he got the job? Hope not cause he's awful! Though he's better than J from Compton!!! Ugh can't stand that dude.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: