Ballstream vs NBA League Pass*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Ballstream vs NBA League Pass*

So were a month away from tipoff and Im looking for ways to watch some basketball. Im 2 years removed from cable and Im not looking to go back. Not even for the Lakers.

Last year I had to scramble and watch crap streams that really help my already suspect vision. So I've heard about Ballstream and only bring up the subject today, because I received a registration invite. I also understand the blackout restrictions on League Pass. I do currently use a VPN (hence the asterisk on title). I've read of people watching home games via VPN.

I know this has been asked just about every preseason, but I'd like to know Pros and Cons for both. Has anyone tried either or both methods?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

I'm also interested in Ballstream. I've used league pass the last few years but I heard Ballstream is cheaper. I am just hoping it is up to standards.

I also heard there's options for different broadcasts with Ballstream during national games, which will be great. I really can't stand the national NBA commentators like Van Gundy when Billy and Stu are also being aired for TWC folk! So if that's one of the Ballstream possibilties, then I'd be very interested.
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I knew someone who used Ballstream last year
Good value but a little choppy at times. had to switch servers on occasion to get a good feed. Video quality is good though (Full HD) and you can watch any game for the season (archived). As far as the NBA package. We have Comcast here in the East and most of the games are in standard definition, which is unacceptable.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Is Ballstream legit? I don't want to pay for an illegal service. I would stick to NBA league pass but I don't think its worth the hassle of going through a proxy just to watch laker games.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Being out of state, League Pass still felt like a waste of money. So many Lakers games are blacked out that I hardly got to watch them. They may not have as many nationally televised games this year due to the quality of the team, but all in all, I wouldn't get NBALP again as long as those blackout rules remained in effect.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Got ballstream yesterday. Quality was good. Got the 1 year $99 subscription. Good thing is that you can freeze the account so say end of march in2015 i freeze the account, that leaves me with 6 months that i can re-enable for next year. So $99 vs $500 that nba league pass charges for 2 years. I can also stream this over to my tv with xbox and plex.

So far liking it..
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I went with ballsstream

Got to watch local broadcasting, setup mac mini on 52" tv and it looked really good. Was able to watch bulls on tv and boston on tablet simultaneously.

So far, im really impressed
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Can't recommend Ballstreams enough. I had it last year because my college's apartment's cable TV package didn't include TWCSN, so I had to stream any non-TNT, ABC, and ESPN games online. I was using crappy streams like firstrow and a few other ones, and I was getting fed up at the mediocre quality and occasional stuttering. I bought ballstreams during the last few months of the season, and I couldn't have been happier. HQ streams, replays, and games/streams for every team. You could also choose between home and away telecasts as well.

I don't need it this year because I have TWCSN in my cable package, but I would've definitely renewed my membership. It's a great service.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Is Ballstream legit? I don't want to pay for an illegal service. I would stick to NBA league pass but I don't think its worth the hassle of going through a proxy just to watch laker games.

IIRC, it's illegal in America, but they operate from somewhere in Europe where it isn't illegal. They've been running a hockey streaming service similar to ballstreams for like 6 years, so you should be fine.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject:

I know a forum (there are many out there) that have NBA games for download in HD, with the files hosted in sites like Netload, Uploaded.net, Rapidgator, etc - Only downside is that you need to pay for a subscription for these sites. The upside is that you can buy a subscription to sites like Real-Debrid, or Simply-Debrid, which are WAY cheaper and let you download from a bunch of these sites.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: