NBA Rumors: Los Angeles Lakers, Tracy McGrady Have Mutual Interest
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: NBA Rumors: Los Angeles Lakers, Tracy McGrady Have Mutual Interest

Quote:
Everyone loves a comeback. According to Yahoo Sports, retired seven-time All-Star Tracy McGrady has been working out with Los Angeles Lakers star guard Kobe Bryant a few times this summer in Los Angeles. McGrady is testing his body for a possible return to the NBA.

“Yes, I was working out with K.B. to get in shape and see how my body feels,” McGrady told Yahoo Sports in an email Tuesday night.McGrady has career averages of 19.6 points 5.6 rebounds and 4.4 assists. He won the scoring title twice and made the All-NBA First Team two times while playing for nine teams in his 15-year career.

More affectionately referred to as “T-Mac,” McGrady was an all-out highlight reel with the Raptors. At one point his quickness, insane vertical leap and ability to drop buckets on any defender earned him a spot in the NBA’s best debate right aside Bryant.
http://hoopshabit.com/2014/09/03/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-tracy-mcgrady-mutual-interest/

And I just made a thread a while back sayin what if both Kobe and T-Mac were on the same team but in their prime. Maybe they both could retire together lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject:

Please no. Rather see Young/Wes/X than TMac limping around out there.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject:

i wish kobe and tmac were still in their 20s and they teamed up. they alone could score you 100pts/game lol. most dangerous backcourt ever. but now we have nick young as the scoring machine off the bench, so we don't really need t-mac. we could start t-mac at his age, he's probly still a better option than Wesley Johnson/x-henry. He'd be avg atleast. Lin/Kobe/T-mac/Boozer/Hill. Not bad.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
i wish kobe and tmac were still in their 20s and they teamed up. they alone could score you 100pts/game lol. most dangerous backcourt ever. but now we have nick young as the scoring machine off the bench, so we don't really need t-mac. we could start t-mac at his age, he's probly still a better option than Wesley Johnson/x-henry. He'd be avg atleast. Lin/Kobe/T-mac/Boozer/Hill. Not bad.

but how would this help the "rebuilding" effort that VLF swears we're on?

Collecting old names to sell tickets sounds about right up Jim and Jeanie's alley.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

Since we're feeling nostalgic, why not trot out Iverson as well? Nash, Kobe, A. I., and TMac. Lol. Throw in Yao and we have our starting lineup.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Since we're feeling nostalgic, why not trot out Iverson as well? Nash, Kobe, A. I., and TMac. Lol. Throw in Yao and we have our starting lineup.

Are you sure you're not working for the Laker's front office, because you should!
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Collecting old names to sell tickets sounds about right up Jim and Jeanie's alley.

if T-mac can give you 15 pts a game plus few rebs and and assist. We're a dangerous team. We have to tank really bad to get a top 10 pick. I don't really wanna see kobe waste his last 2 seasons. we try our best with what we have. I wanna see us atleast make the playoffs. We have the cap space to to get more talent nxt and nxt nxt year. Lakers are a prideful team, they should not resort to tanking or should have 2 straight lottery seasons in a row.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

if T-mac can give you 15 pts a game plus few rebs and and assist. We're a dangerous team. We have to tank really bad to get a top 10 pick. I don't really wanna see kobe waste his last 2 seasons. we try our best with what we have. I wanna see us atleast make the playoffs. We have the cap space to to get more talent nxt and nxt nxt year. Lakers are a prideful team, they should not resort to tanking or should have 2 straight lottery seasons in a row.

It's not about tanking. We need to develop the existing young talent we have. Kelly, Randle and X specifically. Maybe Clarkson.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Are you sure you're not working for the Laker's front office, because you should!

If A.I, Kobe, and T-mac are all healthy and are on the same team. We'd still be a damn good team LOL. Though they all need the ball in their hands to be effective. So it probly wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure Allen Iverson can still play a lil. Not so sure about t-mac he seems done. But MJ was still good even at 40. they could make a comeback if they train hard and build up their stamina to run up and down with these new guys in the nba today.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

It's not about tanking. We need to develop the existing young talent we have. Kelly, Randle and X specifically. Maybe Clarkson.

nth special with Kelly or X. Randle and Clarkson has more potential to pan out. I think randle and Clarkson are ready to contribute. They already know what it takes to win games.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject:

With Nash not probly gonna be 100%. Besides Kobe the young players will also have veteran help from T-Mac.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

I'll believe it when I see it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

15 ppg? He couldn't get off the bench for the Spurs, a team that goes almost 2 deep at every position and plays the least amount of MPG for its starters. He had all the opportunity to play in San Antonio but couldn't. He'd be wasting a roster spot at this point.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

The Yahoo Sports article didn't say anything about the Lakers being interested (in fact they mentioned 2 teams declining interest when T-Mac's camp contacted them), and this whose-it website is just taking the fact that he worked put with Kobe and going into pure speculation mode.

Lol! Next.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

Hmm, i see NO where it says "Lakers interested". T-Mac, working out with Kobe, that's it. What we gonna sign him as? A ball boy? Dude was on a stacked Spurs team and couldn't hack it, are we trying to tank so badly we are resorting to signing the "broken downs" this summer? Wow, from LeBron to Melo to T-Mac?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

15 ppg? He couldn't get off the bench for the Spurs, a team that goes almost 2 deep at every position and plays the least amount of MPG for its starters. He had all the opportunity to play in San Antonio but couldn't. He'd be wasting a roster spot at this point.

They signed him a few days before the playoffs. All the opportunity? You can't be serious.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

They signed him a few days before the playoffs. All the opportunity? You can't be serious.

And what was he doing before that the led to him being cut?

Ginobili was hurt in the playoffs and TMac, in his glory, can't even get 20 mpg (let alone 15 ppg)?
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

Hell no
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

TMac is at the same phase Mitch Richmond was when he joined the Lakers. Big name, no more big game. TMac just tried to play minor league baseball. Goes to show you how "focused" he is (and no, he's not MJ and his minor league days).
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject:

Seems like the mutual interest is just the writers speculation.

If the Lakers ended up signing T-MAC, I wouldn't really..
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

I guarantee you there is absolutely no interest in this has been. I'd rather give Beasley a GUARANTEED deal than T-Clown
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

My friend is a Rockets fan. We have watched TMac's 13 points in 35 Seconds video in 2004 a thousand time!

I don't think he will able to make a comeback in LA. Yes he can workout with Kobe but will Coach Scott go for this? Despite he signed with Spurs in 2013 for the payoff, he played only a limited insignificant minutes!
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject:

Non-starter story.

!...
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Him and Kobe were so fun back in the day
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

We can all hate on a McGrady come back with the Lakers, but the truth is at some point everyone wishes we could turn back the hands of time to when both players were in their prime and at the top of their games. Kobe and T-Mac on the same team would have been too much to handle and truth be told it would be a nice sight to see...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: