Which 2nd Lakers player is likely gonna make the all-star team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which 2nd Lakers player will make the all-star team?
Carlos Boozer
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jeremy Lin
81%
 81%  [ 59 ]
Nick Young
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Steve Nash
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Julius Randle
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 72

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Even if he exceeds expectations, Lin getting in would be a complete joke. Who wouldn't trade him for a Westbrook/Paul/Curry/Parker/etc. in a heartbeat?

But that's not the point of fan voting. Fans can ostensibly vote en mass for any player they like.

It would be ridiculous for fans to vote in players that are not worthy,
but it happens unfortunately.

At the end, that usually prevents non-All Star talent (if that can be objectively measured) from garnering enough votes. But in this case, Lin's massive following + Lakers massive following may create the perfect storm. And I'm all for that. Would love to see a big FU with Lin/Kobe as the starting backcourt and CP3 (the source of our current pain) coming off the bench.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Lin obviously. He was right behind Paul last season. Now he gets a Laker boost. I predict he'll be the starting PG for the All-Star game.

That would be so great. I know that the league forced Paul to the Clippers but he's there and chose to stay so by default I'm not a fan of his. I can look past being a crybaby if you wear purple and gold.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

I'd be shocked if a second Laker this season makes the All-Star team on merit.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

If Lin makes the all-star team with Kobe and we're a mediocre team overall, will we be the first team with two all-stars to miss the playoffs?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

Will any Laker who makes the all-star team this season actually deserve it...
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

Lin will be a starting guard in the All Star game due to the Laker nation/Chinese fan votes. If he plays anywhere decent, CP3 will be watching from the bench.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject:

Sacre.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
70sdude wrote:
There won't be a second Laker named to the West all-star team this season. No chance, none.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

This country has over 350 million people. China has over 3 billion. The ones who watch basketball are mostly Laker fans. Now combine that with the fact the Lin is their own and the power of their vote almost got him the starting spot last year without the power of the Laker vote. The Power of the Laker vote got Kobe voted as a starter even though he only played 6 games. The only way that Lin doesn't make it is if the league flat out cheats and lies about the amount of votes.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Even if he exceeds expectations, Lin getting in would be a complete joke. Who wouldn't trade him for a Westbrook/Paul/Curry/Parker/etc. in a heartbeat?

But that's not the point of fan voting. Fans can ostensibly vote en mass for any player they like.

I didn't see a lot of excitement when the team picked up Lin. Imagine the reaction if the team picked up Westbrook instead.

Don't fans usually want to see the best players? Who really wanted to see Lin in the game last season?

Jeremy Lin fans?

Isn't that my point? People weren't voting for him because they thought he was elite. They just voted for him because they liked him.

That often happens though, if the nba wanted elite and not popular players, it would go NFL on the vote.

If NBA went NFL on All Star no players in championship would play so a lot of the best players wouldn't be playing
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Some players get voted in even though they hardly play because of injury. If the LA + China vote wants Lin in, he'll be in unless he just plays terribly.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Randle!

But, if Lin can average somewhere in 17/7, with his fan base, he will be vote in.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
There won't be a second Laker named to the West all-star team this season. No chance, none.

Thank you for being reasonable.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
This country has over 350 million people. China has over 3 billion. The ones who watch basketball are mostly Laker fans. Now combine that with the fact the Lin is their own and the power of their vote almost got him the starting spot last year without the power of the Laker vote. The Power of the Laker vote got Kobe voted as a starter even though he only played 6 games. The only way that Lin doesn't make it is if the league flat out cheats and lies about the amount of votes.

The population of China is probably slightly less than half of the 3 billion people that you suggested.

You are also probably overestimating the population of the United States by roughly 30 million people.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I didn't see a lot of excitement when the team picked up Lin. Imagine the reaction if the team picked up Westbrook instead.

Don't fans usually want to see the best players? Who really wanted to see Lin in the game last season?

Jeremy Lin fans?

Isn't that my point? People weren't voting for him because they thought he was elite. They just voted for him because they liked him.

That often happens though, if the nba wanted elite and not popular players, it would go NFL on the vote.

Usually the popular players are elite, or at the very least they tend to be much better than Lin. Or they at least compare more favorably to other players at the same position than Lin does.

I've pretty much said all that I wanted to say about this though. If Lin actually does get voted in over the great PGs in the West, it would be unfair but since I'm a Laker fan I'd also think its kind of funny, especially if Lin and Kobe are the starting backcourt. I think a lot of Laker haters would be very annoyed about that.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lin obviously. He was right behind Paul last season. Now he gets a Laker boost. I predict he'll be the starting PG for the All-Star game.

That would be so great. I know that the league forced Paul to the Clippers but he's there and chose to stay so by default I'm not a fan of his. I can look past being a crybaby if you wear purple and gold.

Paul wasn't voted in last year, Kobe and Curry were
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Nash 3rd MVP season
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

It would be a complete joke, and yet it is the likely scenario because of the fan voting factor - which is why the All-Star game itself will always be a complete joke.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRule wrote:
It would be a complete joke, and yet it is the likely scenario because of the fan voting factor - which is why the All-Star game itself will always be a complete joke.

Voting for the all-star game is part of the NBA way of not losing fans.... that is the honest truth... that iswhy the NBA allows fans to vote even if fans disagree with it. we all remember how Yao got the most votes during the all-star game even though he was out for the season... now if those fans did not get the chance to vote for there favorite player... guess what? they don't watch the sport anymore and the NBA doesn't want that.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject:

Robert Sacre.
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

Lin could, deserving or not...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: