"Old" Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
frenchbullcho wrote:
Lmao at golaker and Jim. I'm not sure if you guys truly understand the word, "hate".

Most here don't. And that is coming from a guy who was once called a hater because I said Kobe had a good game, when I guess I should have said he had a great game.

Not sure if they are from LA, but it's an insular world IMO for Lakers fans. I grew up in LA for my first 25 years of life or so. Big difference being part of the Lakers diaspora, especially in places like NY. That's when your Lakers pride get tested on a daily basis. We are the true Lakers vanguard.

Lol. Don't worry about it Yinoma. You're easily one of the most thoughtful posters on here and certainly not a hater. Anyone who thinks you're a hater is misguided to put it lightly.

Ha. Thanks. Just hate being called a "hater." Most asinine label to put on a fellow Laker fan. (Also I'm a bit tight thanks to protracted and frustrating negotiations at work. ).
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
frenchbullcho wrote:
Lmao at golaker and Jim. I'm not sure if you guys truly understand the word, "hate".

Most here don't. And that is coming from a guy who was once called a hater because I said Kobe had a good game, when I guess I should have said he had a great game.

Not sure if they are from LA, but it's an insular world IMO for Lakers fans. I grew up in LA for my first 25 years of life or so. Big difference being part of the Lakers diaspora, especially in places like NY. That's when your Lakers pride get tested on a daily basis. We are the true Lakers vanguard.

Lol. Don't worry about it Yinoma. You're easily one of the most thoughtful posters on here and certainly not a hater. Anyone who thinks you're a hater is misguided to put it lightly.

Ha. Thanks. Just hate being called a "hater." Most asinine label to put on a fellow Laker fan. (Also I'm a bit tight thanks to protracted and frustrating negotiations at work. ).

Just joking.

Hope all turns up.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 2h

Was chatting with @BBROWNLAU in LA & said a few veteran NBA guys who watched Kobe recently train here told him, "He's back to the old Kobe."

Hope so. But this time of the year, everyone's gained 15 pounds of muscle (or actually, gone anorexic). The 82 game schedule is what kills players, not summer training.

Of course you're the first person to respond. You've doubted kobe all summer long and now you're trying to cover yourself with "hope so". Pathetic.

Huh? Geez. You guys are so damn sensitive. A guy coming off an Achilles injury, major knee injury, Kobe rightfully says he will "evolve," Coach Scott talking about limiting Kobe's minutes.

Lakers fans need to evolve too. Thinking he's turning the clock back to 2006 is ridiculous. I don't keep records, because if we did, lots of people were way off last year too. So yes, hell yes, I "hope so" that Kobe will play well and run a marathon to finish his career out.

Evolve or die. That's Kobe's motto now. Not my words. His.

Who said we expect a 2006 kobe?

U need to evolve with ur hate on him & his contract

People r just excited to see their teams superstar after a whole yr & may get a little derail with expectation but u? Smh

You don't think he'll be 2006 Kobe?

Are you doubting Kobe?!?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Oram @bill_oram · 6m

Byron Scott at @ocregister Q&A: "I think you’re probably going to get the Kobe you’re used to getting."
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

25-5-5 from kobe. Ringfinger and yinoma will claim they're ecstatic and they knew it all along. 48 days.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
25-5-5 from kobe. Ringfinger and yinoma will claim they're ecstatic and they knew it all along. 48 days.

If you've carefully read any of my comments (and it seems you haven't based on this), I've given plenty of reasons why this is unlikely to happen (reduced minutes, sharing a little bit of the load with teammates, etc.).

So you don't have to make up stuff, it's all out there for you. As I've said, I would be glad to be wrong, but my guess is based on the reasons I've outlined in my posts.

But whatever floats your boat.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject:

20-5-5.

I'd be happy if he does better, but I don't expect it from a 36 year old guard, even if it's Kobe.

I agree with Yinoma what we see in March, April, or possibly May is the bigger question, not what we see in 48 days or so.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject:

I'd be fine if Kobe plays like a 32-33 years old Ray Allen. I hated this guy in 2008 when he even played some good defense at this age.

But it`s all a health thing....if he's healthy, we can expect great things. If he isn't healthy, we can expect nothing.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

Kobe's health will be the determining factor in how good he plays.

Everyone knows this, it is not a secret that health is a major factor in how a player produces on the court.

Sure Kobe looks great working out, heck Kobe will look great in work outs when he is an old man. Kobe is and has always been a scoring machine, the question is will Kobe be able to play both ends of the court at a high level? I believe Kobe could score on one healthy leg, it's going to be about Kobe's ability to play defense at a high level. Playing defense is harder on a players body than scoring is IMO.

I believe Kobe will score at a high level, but can he be an effective defender as well?
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject:

So will an old Kobe play like old Kobe or the old Kobe?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject:

Or like an ode to Kobe?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobe in Germany means the season is right around the corner!

KOBE BEAN
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Finding it hard to believe. People said that last time and he wasn't back but lets see how he is when the season starts.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
I hope Kobe is on some serious super secret PEDS and comes out like a 28 year old Kobe next year.

An say Kobe doesn't use any PEDS and still comes out killing everyone in his way, all the Kobe haters will make sure to say he is on PEDS anyways Lololol

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

If... Kobe by any chance leads the Lakers to the title next year.... it would be cool if a tribute like a comic book or a movie was made for all the entertainment and awesome value.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If... Kobe by any chance leads the Lakers to the title next year.... it would be cool if a tribute like a comic book or a movie was made for all the entertainment and awesome value.

We will all dancing in the street! Chanting: Kobe! Kobe! and More Kobe!
I am happy if we make it to playoff?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

So scott says we're probably gonna get the preinjury kobe yet he wants to force him tosit out games... a lot of mind games being played.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
So scott says we're probably gonna get the preinjury kobe yet he wants to force him tosit out games... a lot of mind games being played.

Why is that?
He can play like pre injury Kobe.
No one said his body would recover like pre injury Kobe.
Late 30 year olds need rest.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Pre injury Kobe + smart minutes rotation + forcing the depth and the bench to do well so that he doesn't have to expend himself is smart coaching. I know its been two seasons since you've seen it but its nothing new
KobefanMVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Kobe will look bad in preseason (like he always does) and everyone will panic.
He'll return to form early in the regular season.

Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Was chatting with @BBROWNLAU in LA & said a few veteran NBA guys who watched Kobe recently train here told him, "He's back to the old Kobe."

Hope so. But this time of the year, everyone's gained 15 pounds of muscle (or actually, gone anorexic). The 82 game schedule is what kills players, not summer training.

Of course you're the first person to respond. You've doubted kobe all summer long and now you're trying to cover yourself with "hope so". Pathetic.

Huh? Geez. You guys are so damn sensitive. A guy coming off an Achilles injury, major knee injury, Kobe rightfully says he will "evolve," Coach Scott talking about limiting Kobe's minutes.

Lakers fans need to evolve too. Thinking he's turning the clock back to 2006 is ridiculous. I don't keep records, because if we did, lots of people were way off last year too. So yes, hell yes, I "hope so" that Kobe will play well and run a marathon to finish his career out.

People r just excited to see their teams superstar after a whole yr & may get a little derail with expectation but u? Smh

I see. So my saying that he will play 65-70 games, 20-22/5/5 is hate? Ok.

What else is left to talk about the contract? Everyone's said their piece. Folks like you bring it up more than I do.

So relax and stop calling people haters. We are all Lakers fans. And when Kobe does well, the Lakers do well. So why would I or anyone else want Kobe to do poorly? Just THINK about that for a second.

Ironically, when I'm trying to be positive about Kobe you jump out of the woodwork. Who's the hater.

Great cover up bro

Looks like ur tone changed from ur 1st post on this thread to the last...

Went from smart sarcastic"i m do smart " comment to oh i meant 65 20-5-5

SMH

No need for this man

Is it what LG looks like now ? Mods seriously gonna let that guy's childish nonsense go on forever ?
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

zePokar wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

What else is left to talk about the contract? Everyone's said their piece. Folks like you bring it up more than I do.

So relax and stop calling people haters. We are all Lakers fans. And when Kobe does well, the Lakers do well. So why would I or anyone else want Kobe to do poorly? Just THINK about that for a second.

Ironically, when I'm trying to be positive about Kobe you jump out of the woodwork. Who's the hater.

Great cover up bro

SMH

No need for this man

Is it what LG looks like now ? Mods seriously gonna let that guy's childish nonsense go on forever ?

yinoma has been posting for quite a while now.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

Gwyn wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Great cover up bro

SMH

No need for this man

yinoma has been posting for quite a while now.

Don't think he's talking about me here. Or hope he's not.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject:

No definately not talking about yinoma.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject:

I heard yinoma is secretly a Bawston fan. Never trusted that guy...

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: