"Old" Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
I heard yinoma is secretly a Bawston fan. Never trusted that guy...

Only thing I like about Bawston is Paul revere. But barely.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

Man this has turned into a Yinoma hate thread.

Yinoma is just realistic peeps ... I agree that I would be happy to see Kobe put up 20/5/4 at this point in his career after 2 major injuries.

But if he's putting up 25/5/5 then I will be even happier.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Yinoma is just realistic peeps ... I agree that I would be happy to see Kobe put up 20/5/4 at this point in his career after 2 major injuries.

Ha no worries. Same folks who swore our lakers would be in the playoffs last year too. I just try to be realistic. That seems to offend a few. Oh well.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Yeah, dunno why everyone is getting so mad at him. Kobe is a 36 year old coming off of two injuries. People need to keep their expectations in check, and realize that Kobe isn't actually a superhero, lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject:

I was just watching the Lakers v. 76ers Finals (Game 5). Kobe was just a maniacal beast, getting every loose ball, outwitting savvy defenders like Snow/McKie with superior footwork, etc. Just an amazing player and a joy to watch all these years.

It's natural. Great players will decline. It's sad but inevitable. I'm preparing to see the next evolution of Kobe while some choose to think he will defy time and remain the force he was pre-injuries, age.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I was just watching the Lakers v. 76ers Finals (Game 5). Kobe was just a maniacal beast, getting every loose ball, outwitting savvy defenders like Snow/McKie with superior footwork, etc. Just an amazing player and a joy to watch all these years.

It's natural. Great players will decline. It's sad but inevitable. I'm preparing to see the next evolution of Kobe while some choose to think he will defy time and remain the force he was pre-injuries, age.

I love watching old Fro-be footage and games. Off the charts nostalgia watching his old energy and savvy at such a young age. Hard to believe it was so long ago. I had just turned 15 a month prior to those Finals and remember the joy I got rubbing it into my friends faces who celebrated as if the Sixers had won the series when they stole Game 1 from us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I love watching old Fro-be footage and games. Off the charts nostalgia watching his old energy and savvy at such a young age. Hard to believe it was so long ago. I had just turned 15 a month prior to those Finals and remember the joy I got rubbing it into my friends faces who celebrated as if the Sixers had won the series when they stole Game 1 from us.

Yeah, I had just finished college in Philly, and twas a treat to rub it into all my Philly friends who thought they could beat the Lakers.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

At this point, after one of the most painful offseasons in recent memory, and before the season starts all we really have is some semblance of hope that we'll get some part of Kobe back.

People like yinoma are here to inject doubt and rob us even of that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
At this point, after one of the most painful offseasons in recent memory, and before the season starts all we really have is some semblance of hope that we'll get some part of Kobe back.

I guess you don't get the irony of the criticisms. People criticized my post re: OP's quote, when I said "I hope." So I was being optimistic too, and people criticized that. Do you not see the irony there?
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I guess you don't get the irony of the criticisms. People criticized my post re: OP's quote, when I said "I hope." So I was being optimistic too, and people criticized that. Do you not see the irony there?

IF KOBE IS HEALTHY and stays healthy he can still average 25ppg without a doubt. To say he cannot if he is healthy is absurd and just means you don't know his skill level or you underestimate his skill level.

Even with limiting his minutes to 35...were looking at 24 to 25 a game.

The Achilles injury may affect his lift which isn't a big deal.

I don't think defense is a issue. We put Kobe on their weak/slow players and let Wesley, X, etc.use their young legs. No need to put wear on Kobe on the defensive end. Lebron/KD don't guard the best player the whole game either..and that's because their coach is smart.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

IF KOBE IS HEALTHY and stays healthy he can still average 25ppg without a doubt. To say he cannot if he is healthy is absurd and just means you don't know his skill level or you underestimate his skill level.

I don't think defense is a issue. We put Kobe on their weak/slow players and let Wesley, X, etc.use their young legs. No need to put wear on Kobe on the defensive end. Lebron/KD don't guard the best player the whole game either..and that's because their coach is smart.

Are you really going to go there?

Of course if Kobe is 100% healthy and won't ever get hurt again, that's true. But he just had 2 major injuries within 18 months.

The reason why Kobe is still a top-level player, even with injuries, is his massive array of skills and moves he put in the gym, even when he was athletically at his peak, etc. That sweat equity is why he can still be playing at a high level, where others like TMac who didn't put in the work have failed.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I guess it depends on your definition of healthy.

He won't ever be as healthy as he was pre-injury. It is a guarantee that he will be less than 100% of what he was pre-injury.

Whether that is 1% or 99% has yet to be seen.

I mean, if he's 100% healthy, why couldn't he have another 36 PPG season like he did in 2006? Why downgrade him to 25 PPG?

Last edited by ringfinger on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

Encouraging. At least that's one indication that Kobe could again be the best player on the roster. Now, about that supporting cast ...
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I see you were watching NBA TV just like me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. Had it recorded. Such a vivid series for me. Had just graduated college (went to school in Philly after living in LA my whole life) and the trash talk from AI fans in Philly was so ridiculous. AI played his mind out but that team was pure garbage.

But Fisher (clutch city), excellent PFs in Grant/Horry, great role players in guys like Fox, etc., what a beautiful team (let alone Kobe/Shaq).
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. Had it recorded. Such a vivid series for me. Had just graduated college (went to school in Philly after living in LA my whole life) and the trash talk from AI fans in Philly was so ridiculous. AI played his mind out but that team was pure garbage.

But Fisher (clutch city), excellent PFs in Grant/Horry, great role players in guys like Fox, etc., what a beautiful team (let alone Kobe/Shaq).

Yeah, good stuff. But those bars on SD footage kills me. I need remastered games Lol
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I guess it depends on your definition of healthy.

He won't ever be as healthy as he was pre-injury. It is a guarantee that he will be less than 100% of what he was pre-injury.

Whether that is 1% or 99% has yet to be seen.

I mean, if he's 100% healthy, why couldn't he have another 36 PPG season like he did in 2006? Why downgrade him to 25 PPG?

2010 wcf is where I see him. Watch his highlights...all footwork very little athleticism during that series
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

THANK YOU.

This is a laker board, not a realist/ I'm here to inject doubt about the players on our team board. Yeeeessssshhhhhhh
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Don't try to talk sense into him. Yinoma's math has kobe at 20ppg no matter what kobe can/can't do. He's sticking to it until proven wrong in 46 days.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kobe will always be able to average 20+ppg. The question is whether or not it will be a helpful or harmful 20ppg.

Quote:
Devastating news. He wasn't ready, it was obvious.

Quote:
Kobe's not even 50% right now. I'm very concerned. I could see him retiring at the end of the season if he doesn't make major improvements by February/march. It just doesn't look like he's anywhere close to competing in the nba right now.

Quote:
Also, this speaks volumes IMO about Kobe's recovery. I expect we're getting the kobe of last year back.

Quote:
I'm going to be doing a lot of quoting in here in the near future

Lakers will make moves, sign free agents and kobe will have a team that contends for 2 years.

BOOK IT.

Quote:
Kobe will be playing at an elite level come all-star weekend.

Wonderful analysis from Golaker here about last season. All over the map, no?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kobe will always be able to average 20+ppg. The question is whether or not it will be a helpful or harmful 20ppg.

I cannot agree one way or the other, as applied to this season. If Kobe scores 20+ at an efficient rate, great, he'll ease inch closer to the scoring record. If he not, maybe we'll get our pick back, so it's win-win.

Is that optimistic enough for everyone?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Quote:

I cannot agree one way or the other, as applied to this season. If Kobe scores 20+ at an efficient rate, great, he'll ease inch closer to the scoring record. If he not, maybe we'll get our pick back, so it's win-win.

Is that optimistic enough for everyone?

Ask Dr Optimist for permission. Apparently he runs the board now and will tell you if you're being optimistic enough.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Kobe's not even 50% right now. I'm very concerned. I could see him retiring at the end of the season if he doesn't make major improvements by February/march. It just doesn't look like he's anywhere close to competing in the nba right now.

Quote:
Also, this speaks volumes IMO about Kobe's recovery. I expect we're getting the kobe of last year back.

Quote:

Lakers will make moves, sign free agents and kobe will have a team that contends for 2 years.

BOOK IT.

Quote:

No bro. It's not all over the map. You quoted me in a mixed order, a childish move to say the least, and it proves my suspicions that you try hard just to troll the fans and posters here who (honestly) appreciate Kobe.

My "predictions" last year before Kobe got hurt again were all of the positive comments above. Once he started playing I stated it was obvious he wasn't ready, once he got hurt I stated he obviously again wasn't ready.

Now here I am again, knowing well that Kobe has had more than enough time to get ready this time around, predicting again that he will return as the kobe of old.

In summary, you're a moron.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BOOK IT.

Quote:

No bro. It's not all over the map. You quoted me in a mixed order, a childish move to say the least, and it proves my suspicions that you try hard just to troll the fans and posters here who (honestly) appreciate Kobe.

My "predictions" last year before Kobe got hurt again were all of the positive comments above. Once he started playing I stated it was obvious he wasn't ready, once he got hurt I stated he obviously again wasn't ready.

Now here I am again, knowing well that Kobe has had more than enough time to get ready this time around, predicting again that he will return as the kobe of old.

The fact that you call someone who has for the most appreciated Kobe's contributions as a Laker a "moron" shows us enough.

I suggest you take a look at your first and latest post to me. "Pathetic" and then "moron" were used in a basketball conversation. If you can't have a conversation with someone you disagree with, then don't have the conversation in the first place.

And if you can't accept a good faith and genuine analysis of why I think Kobe will be a very good, but not ordinary out-of-this-universe elite Kobe, then you're the one being unreasonable.

I'm a Laker fan, and so are you. So why don't we just agree to disagree, sheesh.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BOOK IT.

Quote:

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but calling someone a moron just earned you a suspension.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: