"Old" Kobe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: "Old" Kobe

Look out NBA ....

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 2h

Was chatting with @BBROWNLAU in LA & said a few veteran NBA guys who watched Kobe recently train here told him, "He's back to the old Kobe."
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Was chatting with @BBROWNLAU in LA & said a few veteran NBA guys who watched Kobe recently train here told him, "He's back to the old Kobe."

Hope so. But this time of the year, everyone's gained 15 pounds of muscle (or actually, gone anorexic). The 82 game schedule is what kills players, not summer training.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Hope so. But this time of the year, everyone's gained 15 pounds of muscle (or actually, gone anorexic). The 82 game schedule is what kills players, not summer training.

But just the fact that Kobe can look good coming out of the gates will be huge to the Laker psyche.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

But just the fact that Kobe can look good coming out of the gates will be huge to the Laker psyche.

No doubt. Big confidence booster, but it's the 82 games I'm more concerned about. It's a marathon and how a player looks in August is less important than how they have fared up until May, June.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

No doubt. Big confidence booster, but it's the 82 games I'm more concerned about. It's a marathon and how a player looks in August is less important than how they have fared up until May, June.

After 18 yrs kobe knows its marathon and i trust him more with how to train in september
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

After 18 yrs kobe knows its marathon and i trust him more with how to train in september

Sure. But he isn't 18 anymore either.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject:

Kobe will look bad in preseason (like he always does) and everyone will panic.
He'll return to form early in the regular season.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject:

Kobe seems to always find the latest in Medical technology to make him perform at his peak.
Just like when he was bone on bone and we all thought he was done....then he came back rejuvenated after going to Germany.

But he definitely needs to have his minutes limited because even if he can perform like old Kobe his physical/structural endurance will definitely be getting worse as he ages. We don't want him to blow out some other part of his body.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

That is good news. Just hope that he can grind out the first half of the season and finish the second half so we can watch the Lakers in playoff!
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Kobe at 36 is more like 33 or 34, he's a extremely high conditioned athlete. Athletes dont age as fast if they eat healthy and train consistently. If the drive is still there I expect kobe to he a fierce competitor.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
Kobe at 36 is more like 33 or 34, he's a extremely high conditioned athlete. Athletes dont age as fast if they eat healthy and train consistently. If the drive is still there I expect kobe to he a fierce competitor.

Goes back to Iverson and his "Practice?" rant... Dudes that go to clubs as their number one thing outside of games never last (See Barkley and Wade).

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I hope Kobe is on some serious super secret PEDS and comes out like a 28 year old Kobe next year.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

He's played a lot of playoff game but the last 2 years he had plenty of unwanted rest.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

YYYEEEESSSSSSSS
LakersAlldaWay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Considering how good he looked in his last game against Memphis, this doesn't surprise me at all. As others have mentioned, hopefully he will stay healthy throughout the year.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject:

#countonkobe
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject:

If Kobe plays 75+ regular season games and the miracle playoff run LA Kings style, then you can bet he will do damage to the rest of the league. You think Kobe doesn't have internet or a TV? I bet the haters both East and West have been noted and that Kobe will use that as fuel to dominate.

My biggest question with Kobe honestly is health at this point. If he can play, I think he will improve as the season goes on. If he cannot play, we are &#%ED
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Hell yeah
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Mamba is back!!!
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:

Goes back to Iverson and his "Practice?" rant... Dudes that go to clubs as their number one thing outside of games never last (See Barkley and Wade).

Barkley didn't last? I happen to think that 16/12/5 are pretty good numbers at 37 years of age and ib your 15th season, especially when you are under 6'5" and playing the 4 spot.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Well Kobe has said numerous times he's not "old Kobe" so while I appreciate these folks enthusiasm, sounds like some hyperbole at play. But all reports are that he looks healthy and strong and he's playing great so I'm excited to see him this season.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Like I said, I have a list and there will be crow on the table. Kobe's gonna punk some fools.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: "Old" Kobe

TDRock wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Look out NBA ....

Well Kobe has said numerous times he's not "old Kobe" so while I appreciate these folks enthusiasm, sounds like some hyperbole at play. But all reports are that he looks healthy and strong and he's playing great so I'm excited to see him this season.

Yeah, and you believed him?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: