Byron: X Is Not Fully Recovered From Injuries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The numbers would be in X's favor if he could simlpy make free throws.

Well, the fact remains that he is inefficient around the basket. A trait you can live with with a jump shooter (i.e. Nash) but not a trait you can live with when said player can't shoot.

And this isn't some kind of 1-year trend either. In his previous stint with New Orleans, he was equally poor in shot attempts close to the basket.

Steve Blake took 10% of his shots close to the basket and had an eFG% of 65.2% last season. The season before that he took 7% of his shots close to the basket and had an eFG% of 65.0%.

Last year, Xavier Henry took 37% of his shots close to the basket and had an eFG% of 54%. Season before that he took 39% of his shots close to the basket and had an eFG% of 53.2%.

His efficiency on shots close to the basket mirrors that of a point guard.

There is a reason he hasn't broken out in 4 years playing for different coaches, teams and systems and even as a young player who SHOULD be on the rise is on a minimum level one-year contract. He sucks. I'm not going to change my opinion of his game just because he wears a Laker jersey.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

I should add. That has always been my issue with X from day 1. He's just not good at any one thing. That's not to say he's poor at everything, but, he doesn't have one thing that he does well on a consistent basis at all.

Not a great passer, ball handler, distance shooter, FT shooter, inefficient around the basket, defender.

I tend to prefer players who have at least 1 thing they do well so that I know why they're out there on the court.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rawr wrote:
I am so pissed we didn't retain Kent Bazemore. He was basically the exact same player as Xavier, but better. I would have LOVED having him as our 3rd string 1/2/3. That kid was playing extremely well, had excellent size and length, and only got signed for 2 years at 2 million each.

I hope Henry gets healthy.

That was Bazemore's choice. He probably didn't want to be our 3rd string player.

The Lakers weren't interested in matching that deal because they were hoarding cap space.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The numbers would be in X's favor if he could simlpy make free throws.

Well, the fact remains that he is inefficient around the basket. A trait you can live with with a jump shooter (i.e. Nash) but not a trait you can live with when said player can't shoot.

And this isn't some kind of 1-year trend either. In his previous stint with New Orleans, he was equally poor in shot attempts close to the basket.

Steve Blake took 10% of his shots close to the basket and had an eFG% of 65.2% last season. The season before that he took 7% of his shots close to the basket and had an eFG% of 65.0%.

Last year, Xavier Henry took 37% of his shots close to the basket and had an eFG% of 54%. Season before that he took 39% of his shots close to the basket and had an eFG% of 53.2%.

His efficiency on shots close to the basket mirrors that of a point guard.

There is a reason he hasn't broken out in 4 years playing for different coaches, teams and systems and even as a young player who SHOULD be on the rise is on a minimum level one-year contract. He sucks. I'm not going to change my opinion of his game just because he wears a Laker jersey.

X is inefficient around the basket?

is that why he's only 4% from the likes of Tony Parker and Russell Westbrook at to the basket efficiency?
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
TDRock wrote:
The real question is why is his wrist not healing, tho? He's young and this has been an issue for more than a minute now. That's concerning to me.

His wrist hasn't been getting rest for some reason.

Maybe he's been lonely?

i know the conversation would lead to a jerking off joke...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
TDRock wrote:
The real question is why is his wrist not healing, tho? He's young and this has been an issue for more than a minute now. That's concerning to me.

His wrist hasn't been getting rest for some reason.

Maybe he's been lonely?

LOL! How did I miss this? Now now...
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Xavier, go and get you a gold digger bi*** , that is very easy und you can recover to full health
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject:

Henry for $1 million is cheap insurance and with Kobe, Young, Lin, I think we can afford to let Xavier be still mending, and be ready for the 2nd half push. This might also give Clarkson some minutes too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: