NBA Legends pick their teams for charity (2k Heroes)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: NBA Legends pick their teams for charity (2k Heroes)

So for NBA2k15 they had NBA stars and legends pick teams of their choosing with players from any generation. Gamers will then use these teams in a mode called 2k Heroes. Whichever team accumulates the most wins, money will be donated to that star or legend's charity of choice.

Team Jordan:
PG - Magic
SG - Jordan
SF- Pippen
PF- Worthy
C- Hakeem

Team KD:
PG - Magic
SG- Kobe
SF - KD
PF - Malone
C - Hakeem

Team LeBron:
PG - Robertson
SG - Jordan
SF - Bird
PF - LeBron
C - Magic

Team Robinson:
PG - Stockton
SG - LeBron
SF - Bird
PF - Duncan
C - Robinson

Team Shaq:
PG - Pistol Pete
SG - Jordan
SF - Dr. J
PF - Malone
C - Shaq

Team Worthy:
PG - Magic
SG -Jordan
SF - Worthy
PF - Hakeem
C - Shaq

Team Drexler:
PG - Drexler
SG - Dr. J
SF - Bird
PF - Russell
C - Hakeem

Team Curry:
PG - Mugsy Bogues
SG - Steph Curry
SF - Dell Curry
PF - Jordan
C - Magic

Some puzzling choices on some of these teams!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Team Curry though
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Team KD wins
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject:

^^^ agreed on both!!

Team curry is going to get steam rolled LOL.

Also why so many teams with Magic at center? I mean I know he can cover there and had that legendary performance, but going up against Hakeem and Shaq he'd get eaten alive.

Team Jordan vs Team KD is the match up I'd want to see
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Why does Steph Curry hate charity?

And Team Worthy is really big
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Team Worthy's flaw is the lack of spacing. But that probably won't matter in the game. It's probably the best cheese team lol
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Any team without Jordan won't win, he's the most noob friendly player in the game, and unless they've changed it in this game, Hakeem's (and I'd assume Russell's) "your presence lowers their shooting" effect is pretty extreme.

I'd expect it to be between team jordan and team worthy.
BT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject:

It doesn't matter how good Magic was at center. This is a video game, and height is a big part of its equation.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject:

Team Shaq should be the most entertaining of all the teams.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Any team without Jordan won't win, he's the most noob friendly player in the game, and unless they've changed it in this game, Hakeem's (and I'd assume Russell's) "your presence lowers their shooting" effect is pretty extreme.

Agreed. Which makes me wonder if the players were picking their team based on who they'd want in real life, or if they took into account the cheese factor in the games?

I'm guessing they picked based on the real world. But if any of them were able to pick based on how the game plays that would be pretty smart
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Telleris wrote:

Agreed. Which makes me wonder if the players were picking their team based on who they'd want in real life, or if they took into account the cheese factor in the games?

I'm guessing they picked based on the real world. But if any of them were able to pick based on how the game plays that would be pretty smart

My guess is the players didn't put a lot of analysis into it. Most of the guys picked teammates or players from their own era, friends, or guys they admired growing up.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
Telleris wrote:

My guess is the players didn't put a lot of analysis into it. Most of the guys picked teammates or players from their own era, friends, or guys they admired growing up.

Agreed.

There are some videos floating around on YouTube or coming soon where the players explained their picks. Supposed Durant went into great detail about the P&R he and Magic could have done. I'll post them up if I find them. Worthy's explanation is supposed to be good too
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Telleris wrote:

It's their favorites, a Cheese team would look something Hakeem, Mchale (he's literally automatic inside 12 feet, oh how that annoyed me in MJ career mode, lol), Durant (his jumper is just so easy to time), Jordan and Stockton (another easy jumper, basically pass and steal assistance too)

I've played them, but i havent had a great deal of time to play anything in years, and there is my easymode team for schmucks like me.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Like the love for Hakeem. Team lebron and curry are funny
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Team KD all the way

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject:

It would be a Dream to see Magic, Jordan and Bird play together on the same Team in their prime.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: