High school student who broke cell phone rules tackled by cops.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: High school student who broke cell phone rules tackled by cops.

http://news.yahoo.com/super-tough-cops-down-70-pound-high-school-120408100.html

The Yahoo article title is lame.
Something really minor got escalated again. I have to fault the teenager here. Give attitude, break the rules and it snowballs.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: High school student who broke cell phone rules tackled by cops.

Fallout wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/super-tough-cops-down-70-pound-high-school-120408100.html

The Yahoo article title is lame.
Something really minor got escalated again. I have to fault the teenager here. Give attitude, break the rules and it snowballs.

She's an idiot. I hope the phone was worth it.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject:

Her excuse is bogus. Her mom was having health problems... If she was, she could just have the phone in her bag and not take it out. It would be near impossible for anyone to know it was in there and still be accessible if need be.

Bold faced lie but whatevs. We have stupider people out there in world.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

Kids these days...

Cops these days...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

Opinionated "news articles" these days...
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

"Reading" class? Lol.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
Her excuse is bogus. Her mom was having health problems... If she was, she could just have the phone in her bag and not take it out. It would be near impossible for anyone to know it was in there and still be accessible if need be.

Who cares? (bleep) the Assistant Principal who escalated things like a moron (or if this is some zero tolerance BS, then (bleep) the rules instead), and (bleep) the police who thought they needed to tackle and then down a tiny girl with three men and a knee to head just to get a cellphone. The police should have laughed in the Assistant Principal's face and told the school to handle the cellphone situation themselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

She's lucky she didn't get shot.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
She's lucky she didn't get shot.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

she deserved that one. should have been tasered.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

She learned a tough lesson about the real world. In the real world, authority figures don't care about your attitude, they can bring you down to earth pretty quick.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Cellphones are quickly becoming one of the most irritating and challenging things in school nowadays. I hope there's a nationwide law on banning cellphones by students in schools. The argument that they might need it for emergencies is horse crap because before cellphones, parents can easily call the school if they need to get their kids. Or if their kids need to contact someone after school, use a (bleep) land line in the office.

With that said though, three cops on her is overkill. The whole policy of putting their knees to someone's head needs to also stop. It's ridiculous.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
She learned a tough lesson about the real world. In the real world, authority figures don't care about your attitude, they can bring you down to earth pretty quick.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
Cellphones are quickly becoming one of the most irritating and challenging things in school nowadays. I hope there's a nationwide law on banning cellphones by students in schools. The argument that they might need it for emergencies is horse crap because before cellphones, parents can easily call the school if they need to get their kids. Or if their kids need to contact someone after school, use a (bleep) land line in the office.

With that said though, three cops on her is overkill. The whole policy of putting their knees to someone's head needs to also stop. It's ridiculous.

I'd rather that done to me than most other physical restraint methods. It looks bad, but it's not nearly as bad as an arm lock, face or choke hold etc......
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
tlim wrote:

Who cares? (bleep) the Assistant Principal who escalated things like a moron (or if this is some zero tolerance BS, then (bleep) the rules instead), and (bleep) the police who thought they needed to tackle and then down a tiny girl with three men and a knee to head just to get a cellphone. The police should have laughed in the Assistant Principal's face and told the school to handle the cellphone situation themselves.

True that the Assistant Principal escalated things beyond the ridiculous point. They could have just simply suspended her 5 days. Since her mother was sick, it was probably good that she stayed home anyways eh? So that the girl can actually take care of her mom and be with her, as she claims.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject:

Who cares whether it was genuinely about her mom or not? It's not like it's illegal for her to have a cell phone, it's just against school policy for her to have one. If she breaks their policy and won't comply with giving up her phone, send her home with a suspension. She wasn't a danger to anyone, this wasn't an immediate threat to anything, it's just some dumb rule about limiting distractions at school. These stupid education bureaucrats are so (bleep) obsessed with their petty rules, they think the whole (bleep) fate of the world rests on them.

But I guess if they weren't teaching these kids to blindly obey arbitrary rules, then they wouldn't be doing their jobs. No wonder why our society is full of such non-thinking morons.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

Unnecessary. Let her keep her phone, suspend her. Not allow her back on campus until parent, principal meeting has been completed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: