* Official BENCH MOB thread *
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bench mob video from last year.

New one will come this year when ours racks up some highlights.

Man, despite the injury X sure had a lot of dunks. Johnson too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I really can't think of a single thing to brag about from last season. It's wiped from my memory.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I really can't think of a single thing to brag about from last season. It's wiped from my memory.

We were at .500 for...a week or something?

!...
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
"The Swaggy B's"

"Killer B's" was a cool nickname from a few years ago when Barnes, Blake, and Brown were here.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject:

chazz wrote:
MJST wrote:
chazz wrote:
Posters always overrating our bench just like last year.....Please come back to reality....good day

We were the 2nd best bench in the league last year on less minutes played than the San Antonio bench and were the number 1 bench before all the injuries that caused some of our bench players to have to start.

That's not overrated, that's factual. Please do your research and come back to the reality that the Lakers had a good bench last year and anything positive isn't exaggerated.

LOL Are you talking about points scored that makes you think we had the best bench???
If thats the case the Lakers had the 11th most points scored so does that make them the best 11 in the whole NBA....yet they could not make it to the playoffs and had less then 30 wins and were in last place in the division???

LOL!! Rookie

Doesn't take away from the fact we had the 2nd highest scoring bench in the league at less minutes played than San Antonio's bench which had the most minutes played.

No matter how you try to slice it the bench was one of the most positive takeaways from last year. We also retained a majority of the bench and added Julius Randle and Ed Davis too it. That bench was the reason we stayed in the few games we won. Depth is not a bad thing, and retaining the majority and adding pieces like Julius Randle and Ed Davis to it only helps the case.

More good things to take away from an otherwise negative season.

Trying to say "nothing was positive at all about last season".

Sure there was, we had the 2nd best bench in the NBA and not because they played a whole lot of minutes, and we retained our strongest pieces from last year with the exception of Meeks(whom is being replaced with Kobe this year) and Pau Gasol(whose lack of defense at the 5 will be replaced by Hill and the rim protecting Ed Davis) and if you can remember the 4 we had last year for any consistent amount of time(there wasn't one) is replaced by Boozer whom even in his worst year in Chicago when he played starter minutes was a 17/10 guy. So there's a lot of positives.

Contrary to popular belief it is alright to name the positives in a sea of negatives because those positives are what we're bringing into this year with a better coach and more added depth and hopefully a healthy Kobe and a better starting point guard.

It may not be as fast a process as you'd want it to be, but it's one that's moving forward and not backward and THAT is what it should be at the moment.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject:

Do the Lakers have a Bench Mob?

Quote:
The bench unit has tremendous scoring power. Jeremy Lin and Nick Young have been starters in the past.
Nick Young scored a career high 17.9 points per game in just 28 minutes of play, mostly coming off the bench.
Jeremy Lin, on the other hand, is more successful when his minutes rise as well.
Both Young and Lin can provide energy, spark, and team speed to a starting line up that may lack it.

Do the Lakers have a Bench Mob? link
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think that is for the best : )

IMO, the best part of last season was our bench (our starting lineup was so pathetic, it had to be). I am really looking forward to seeing what they can do this year, especially with a more stable lineup.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think that is for the best : )

IMO, the best part of last season was our bench (our starting lineup was so pathetic, it had to be). I am really looking forward to seeing what they can do this year, especially with a more stable lineup.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY ENDORSE BOTH OF THESE STATEMENTS!!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

Also, the fact we have a bench mob means that we can rest Kobe a bit more.

Part of the reason Kobe's minutes were so high the previous seasons was because we didn't have a bench or because they were ineffective and he had to come off the bench early to save us or to stop the momentum of the other team.

Having a strong bench is the best thing possible for Kobe and them being successful would do more in the way of Scott convincing Kobe of the minutes limitation, cause I can guarantee you Kobe is gonna feel a heck of a lot better about it if our bench is out there causing havoc for the other team.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

At his age & with his bad back I can't envision Nash as being effective as a starter all season.
He could however be very valuable as a member of the BENCH MOB.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
At his age & with his bad back I can't envision Nash as being effective as a starter all season.

If Nash could remain healthy enough to actually lead the bench mob that would be a fantastic idea. However Nash's health hasn't been one to depend on, this is why Mitch was getting ready to bring Marshall back once his waivers passed. But Milwaukee upset the plans with less than a few hours to go.

Now we HAVE to count on Nash to lead the bench mob as Clarkson proved in the last game of summer league that he isn't quite ready to be a 'playmaker' at the NBA level. Scorer yes, but playmaker not so much and a playmaker is what our bench full of scorers and pick and rollers need.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pio2u wrote:

If Nash could remain healthy enough to actually lead the bench mob that would be a fantastic idea. However Nash's health hasn't been one to depend on, this is why Mitch was getting ready to bring Marshall back once his waivers passed. But Milwaukee upset the plans with less than a few hours to go.

Now we HAVE to count on Nash to lead the bench mob as Clarkson proved in the last game of summer league that he isn't quite ready to be a 'playmaker' at the NBA level. Scorer yes, but playmaker not so much and a playmaker is what our bench full of scorers and pick and rollers need.

I just hope Nash can stay healthy as possible & not sustain any permanent nerve damage in his back, etc.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject:

MORE BENCH:

Quote:
With a potential lineup of Steve Nash, Xavier Henry, Nick Young, Julius Randle, and Ed Davis, this could be one of the best Los Angeles Lakers bench squads in recent memory.

BENCH MOB link
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

"The Bench Henchmen"
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Or " The Hench Bench"
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

"The Swaggy Bench" :p
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

I like the idea of the Lakers having a potential for a "Bench Mob", and here's the thread to investigate the bench's play and evolution.

But let's appreciate the original notion, OK ? The moniker "bench mob" was a badge of honor in a sense; it wasn't just the labeling of whoever works off the pine every year. If we see a Laker Bench Mob present itself, we'll know it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
I like the idea of the Lakers having a potential for a "Bench Mob", and here's the thread to investigate the bench's play and evolution.

But let's appreciate the original notion, OK ? The moniker "bench mob" was a badge of honor in a sense; it wasn't just the labeling of whoever works off the pine every year. If we see a Laker Bench Mob present itself, we'll know it.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakers working out:

LA WORKOUT (link)

DOING WORK (link)
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Lin won't be in the bench for long. Nash won't be available most of the time, as we all know
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Appreciate all your links, pio2u...

Swaggy for 6MOY.

Kiss my Converse.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Appreciate all your links, pio2u...

Swaggy for 6MOY.

thanks; my pleasure!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: