Django actress cries racism when police detained her
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Django actress cries racism when police detained her

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/news/django-unchained-actress-says-police-detained-her-no-012800303.html

"In this moment there is a still small voice whispering to me. It says: You are love. You are free. You are pure."

What the heck....

There's real racism with cops and then there's not. This is not. When you tell the cop you have a publicist when he asks for ID it just makes you look stupid.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Django actress cries racism when police detained her

Fallout wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/news/django-unchained-actress-says-police-detained-her-no-012800303.html

"In this moment there is a still small voice whispering to me. It says: You are love. You are free. You are pure."

What the heck....

There's real racism with cops and then there's not. This is not. When you tell the cop you have a publicist when he asks for ID it just makes you look stupid.

Yeah, she's going to wish she didn't make a stink about this incident.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

Was this the one where she was detained for no reason?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

The reason she was detained was because police reported to calls that she was having sex in a public place - in a car with the door open - and not simply harassing her because she was "making out" with her boyfriend.

TMZ has the audio, and from that it sounds like the police weren't really the problem as much as her mouth and bad attitude.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/django-actress-daniele-watts-lapd-race-card-fame-audio/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

I wonder to what level the "making out" was carried? Was it kissing or the next step?

NVM Found a link saying she was straddling her husband. LINK
Quote:
following reports that she was spotted straddling straddling her husband, Brian James Lucas, in the passenger seat of their car.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

The reason she was detained was because police reported to calls that she was having sex in a public place - in a car with the door open - and not simply harassing her because she was "making out" with her boyfriend.

TMZ has the audio, and from that it sounds like the police weren't really the problem as much as her mouth and bad attitude.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/django-actress-daniele-watts-lapd-race-card-fame-audio/

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

She put on a better performance in her Facebook post than she did in Django Unchained.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

Saw the movie. Don't remember her from it.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Maybe her goal was to generate a ton of publicity without even sending in a headshot. Her profile is hot right now!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Maybe her goal was to generate a ton of publicity without even sending in a headshot. Her profile is hot right now!

That's what was going on in the car.
Atticus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

When I clicked play on that audio I fully expected to be convinced that the actress was at fault. She dramatized it a bit later when she said that by the way he was talking to her, she could tell that the officer thought she was a prostitute. That being said, the officer didn't exactly help his case by speaking to her the way that he did. There is no law in California requiring individuals to present ID when they are detained on suspicion of criminal activity.

I think both parties were at fault. I think the officer was simply responding to a call, which is his job to do. On the other hand, he could have just said what the call was about and then left, but he was pressing to see her ID, so I could definitely see why she would be upset, since it suggests to her that he is assuming she did something wrong. Also, she was the one who brought up race, but he makes himself sound like a jerk when he says something along the lines of 'oh yeah, play the race card, I've never heard that one before.'

The fact is that we have no idea what was going on in that young lady's mind. Maybe this wasn't a racially motivated incident, but maybe she has had...I don't know...a lifetime of opportunities to be confronted with racial issues. She came into this incident with that background and the officer came in with his. Maybe both sides were right in their own ways, but I don't think it's fair to say that she was a bigger problem than the police.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

When I clicked play on that audio I fully expected to be convinced that the actress was at fault. She dramatized it a bit later when she said that by the way he was talking to her, she could tell that the officer thought she was a prostitute. That being said, the officer didn't exactly help his case by speaking to her the way that he did. There is no law in California requiring individuals to present ID when they are detained on suspicion of criminal activity.

I think both parties were at fault. I think the officer was simply responding to a call, which is his job to do. On the other hand, he could have just said what the call was about and then left, but he was pressing to see her ID, so I could definitely see why she would be upset, since it suggests to her that he is assuming she did something wrong. Also, she was the one who brought up race, but he makes himself sound like a jerk when he says something along the lines of 'oh yeah, play the race card, I've never heard that one before.'

The fact is that we have no idea what was going on in that young lady's mind. Maybe this wasn't a racially motivated incident, but maybe she has had...I don't know...a lifetime of opportunities to be confronted with racial issues. She came into this incident with that background and the officer came in with his. Maybe both sides were right in their own ways, but I don't think it's fair to say that she was a bigger problem than the police.

The police was investigating a possible crime (Indecent exposure and sex in a public place) so they have the right to ask for ID. If she just show her ID they will just let her go since they were done when they arrived. But she escalated it. I wasn't sure when reading the article but after listening the audio, no question she was at fault.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

If you're having sex in public and the police approach you, say nothing, give them your ID and feel fortunate you're not arrested for indecent exposure.

I'm bothered by those who think they're entitled. I hate that "Do you know who I am" attitude.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

You're trying too hard. She had an attitude right off the bat. I have no problem with how he handled a spoiled little brat.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

What an idiot. And playing the race card no less.

I got annoyed listening to her, I don't know how he kept his cool but that's his job to I guess.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Repost edit

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Another bad apple cop.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts Explains Why She Refused To Give LAPD Her ID (VIDEO)

LINK

Conflicting and confusing. What is determined as "having sex?" When I read "straddling" I envisioned a skin to skin sexual act.

Quote:
As previously reported, last week two Studio City police officers in Los Angeles detained and allegedly mistook "Django Unchained" star Daniele Watts for a prostitute after they saw her -- reportedly fully clothed -- kissing boyfriend and celebrity chef Brian James Lucas in a car.

Her boyfriend says the released tape didn't show the beginning.

Quote:
“In the beginning [the officer] came up and said, ‘I had a call that there was a black and white couple,’ and he’s the one that actually brought that up,” Lucas explained. “And [Watts] even mentioned it. It became a little bit of a discussion at the beginning when she tried to get him to talk to her dad…he was definitely edging me on a bunch, as well.”

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts Explains Why She Refused To Give LAPD Her ID (VIDEO)

LINK

Conflicting and confusing. What is determined as "having sex?" When I read "straddling" I envisioned a skin to skin sexual act.

Quote:
As previously reported, last week two Studio City police officers in Los Angeles detained and allegedly mistook "Django Unchained" star Daniele Watts for a prostitute after they saw her -- reportedly fully clothed -- kissing boyfriend and celebrity chef Brian James Lucas in a car.

“In the beginning [the officer] came up and said, ‘I had a call that there was a black and white couple,’ and he’s the one that actually brought that up,” Lucas explained. “And [Watts] even mentioned it. It became a little bit of a discussion at the beginning when she tried to get him to talk to her dad…he was definitely edging me on a bunch, as well.”

Well straddling you can unzip your pants and her pants can be down and have sex. It doesn't take that long to pull up your pants.
The call was a black and white couple. Its also easy to identify vs just a couple.

Ultimately just show ID, no outstanding arrest warrants, cops will just say behave yourselves and thats it. When you escalate it, then it blows up. People are entitled to act how ever they want, but don't complain when you get arrested for that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

Well straddling you can unzip your pants and her pants can be down and have sex. It doesn't take that long to pull up your pants.
The call was a black and white couple. Its also easy to identify vs just a couple.

Ultimately just show ID, no outstanding arrest warrants, cops will just say behave yourselves and thats it. When you escalate it, then it blows up. People are entitled to act how ever they want, but don't complain when you get arrested for that.

You can also straddle your partner, kiss and not have sex. I agree, cooperate and get it over with. The Black and White couple easy to identify, yeah, OK.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Of course he did. He got that report that a black and white couple were having sex and when he came to investigate he encountered a black and white couple who fit the description. They asked him to explain why he was approaching them and he explained quite reasonably why, they fit the description - a black and white couple.

As for the idea that they were simply kissing and she was simply straddling him, the TMZ link provides a more detailed description of the act and it's immediate aftermath.

It's pretty clear what's going on here. A marginally known (at best) actress and her wannabe celeb-chef boyfriend got into trouble and are looking for publicity.

Goal accomplished. They should enjoy that victory. No way any law suit they file gets anywhere.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

She's trying to get the Rosa Parks biopic
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Oh so that's her? Saw the news clip and didn't recognize her.

Just looked like some hippies to me. Couldn't figure out why they were giving it so much attention
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

The boyfriend was getting all buddy-buddy with the cop. hahaha... Why is no one mentioning this???
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject:

Her best acting job yet...in a town full of actors, its hard to get as much publicity as she is getting right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: