Django actress cries racism when police detained her
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

If she was actually having sex, in public, with a car door open, she not only foolish, she's a skank.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

Man, that's pathetic.

But she's getting what she wants most ... attention.

Officer handled it very well.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Google Glass, on all uniformed officers, running at all times while on duty. Run and protected by a third party, civilian company off site from any police departments. Can only be accessed to resolve any disputes about specific situations. Protects both civilians and officers by providing a video account of any incident.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/opinion/omara-daniele-watts-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Cnn opinion. Fair article.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/opinion/omara-daniele-watts-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Cnn opinion. Fair article.

Very fair, and quite accurate. Watts' attempts to turn a routine situation (created by her own actions) into a confrontation say much more about her biases in regards to race relations than they do the officer involved. She's so focused on the divide that she is willing to exploit it for personal gain at the expense of others.

I quite liked this part of the article:

Watts' behavior and her accusations in this case are not conducive to advancing thoughtful discussions about race. If we want a constructive conversation, we need to engage in a way that brings us together, not pushes us further apart.

Those are words that should be heeded by everyone across the spectrum. All too often there is bigotry that gets floated as being acceptable because it hides behind the victim mentality. There is this perverse attitude amongst many that it is OK to assume that a white guy hates black people simply because he's wearing a badge. It's really no different than people thinking a black kid wearing a hoodie much be up to no good.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
Was this the one where she was detained for no reason?

The reason she was detained was because police reported to calls that she was having sex in a public place - in a car with the door open - and not simply harassing her because she was "making out" with her boyfriend.

TMZ has the audio, and from that it sounds like the police weren't really the problem as much as her mouth and bad attitude.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/django-actress-daniele-watts-lapd-race-card-fame-audio/

When I clicked play on that audio I fully expected to be convinced that the actress was at fault. She dramatized it a bit later when she said that by the way he was talking to her, she could tell that the officer thought she was a prostitute. That being said, the officer didn't exactly help his case by speaking to her the way that he did. There is no law in California requiring individuals to present ID when they are detained on suspicion of criminal activity.

I think both parties were at fault. I think the officer was simply responding to a call, which is his job to do. On the other hand, he could have just said what the call was about and then left, but he was pressing to see her ID, so I could definitely see why she would be upset, since it suggests to her that he is assuming she did something wrong. Also, she was the one who brought up race, but he makes himself sound like a jerk when he says something along the lines of 'oh yeah, play the race card, I've never heard that one before.'

The fact is that we have no idea what was going on in that young lady's mind. Maybe this wasn't a racially motivated incident, but maybe she has had...I don't know...a lifetime of opportunities to be confronted with racial issues. She came into this incident with that background and the officer came in with his. Maybe both sides were right in their own ways, but I don't think it's fair to say that she was a bigger problem than the police.

lol I hate pigs and even I side with the cop on this one. lol. Not sure how anyone can listen to the tape and not think she was completely at fault.

The cop brought up the "never heard that one before" because tons of people like this lady try to play the race card. Is pathetic.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject:

So TMZ has pics of her and her bo fro apparently have sex out in the public, which apparently sparked the calls to the police for "lewd behavior." This was in front of an office building where lots of people could see it. Some complained (some probably didn't). But the officers respond to the scene and then we have it...

First I saw it from her angle, but as the facts emerge, her narrative is crumbling.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

LINK

I don't see anything that would make me 100% sure they were having sex because of clarity but this looks like more than kissing.

Something else caught my eye, the car has no rear bumper.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

I don't see anything that would make me 100% sure they were having sex because of clarity but this looks like more than kissing.

Something else caught my eye, the car has no rear bumper.

Which is probably why the folks called the cops to have them stop after other people asked if they could stop. Should have been a non-incident.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If she was actually having sex, in public, with a car door open, she not only foolish, she's a skank.

What if she closes the door.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

She's a closet skank.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

She's a foolish, closet skank.

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/django-unchained-actress-daniele-watts-under-scrutiny-her-050600222.html

Watts responded to the criticism Wednesday evening on Facebook by writing, “Have you considered that the Officer was attempting to violate my constitutional rights? Do you think that we should go back to the the days when black people were required to show their ‘free papers’ everywhere they went??'”

-------

This is a train wreck but can't stop watching...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/django-unchained-actress-daniele-watts-under-scrutiny-her-050600222.html

Watts responded to the criticism Wednesday evening on Facebook by writing, “Have you considered that the Officer was attempting to violate my constitutional rights? Do you think that we should go back to the the days when black people were required to show their ‘free papers’ everywhere they went??'”

-------

She's someone who clearly doesn't know when to cut her loses.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Fallout wrote:

-------

She's an idiot. Playing the race card is pathetic. She should just stop like you said.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Fallout wrote:

-------

She needs to just stop. I have friends who initially raised her cause via Facebook and now have just stopped mentioning her all together.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject:

Bad press is good press in Hollywood on a side note would you show up to a meeting or an audition looking like a homeless crackhead like she did ?? I really wonder if she has some mental issues
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

I'll admit it right here in front of all of you. I'm extremely prejudiced...against self-entitled spoiled brats who think the world revolves around them. And because of their over-inflated sense of celebrity they are convinced they are above the law. And I don't think for a minute that particular cop would have reacted any differently given the same circumstances had she been white.

Do I believe racial profiling exists in law enforcement. Absolutely. But not in this case and the shame of it all is all the attention that's being diverted from other, more egregious incidents where justice is not being served because of race. So in that sense, her behavior is even more appalling.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Bad press is good press in Hollywood on a side note would you show up to a meeting or an audition looking like a homeless crackhead like she did ?? I really wonder if she has some mental issues

More like a heavy helping of narcissism.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
I'll admit it right here in front of all of you. I'm extremely prejudiced...against self-entitled spoiled brats who think the world revolves around them. And because of their over-inflated sense of celebrity they are convinced they are above the law. And I don't think for a minute that particular cop would have reacted any differently given the same circumstances had she been white.

Do I believe racial profiling exists in law enforcement. Absolutely. But not in this case and the shame of it all is all the attention that's being diverted from other, more egregious incidents where justice is not being served because of race. So in that sense, her behavior is even more appalling.

Covers it pretty well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

What came to mind when I first saw this was the actress caught on Jefferson Blvd in Los Angeles buying crack. I don't remember her name. She lost it when her show canceled. I'm not talking about Jaimee Foxworth.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject:

Yeah, as everyone has concluded, we DON'T smell cism. Cops have seen their share of that stuff too, so it's not a stretch for them to assume that they were rolling up on Divine Brown and Hugh Grant Part Deux. And I bet Divine and Hugh protested their innocence just as loudly on scene.

She just needs to see the pics. It's no shocker that straddling her BF in the passenger seat with an open door in front of an office building was gonna raise some eyebrows. And we all know daaaamn well they wanted a little bit of risk excitement for increased blood flow and heightened sensitivity. Instead of being African-American in this case, she's just being an upset woman and an actress by trade, making her doubly prone to dramatics. Beyond that, if you give guff to a cop asking for ID, do you expect them to be LESS suspect of you? Not in this world.

Girl, you know it's true.

Three words:
Mo. Tel. Room.

That's how on-duty cops have sex, consensual or otherwise.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject:

Kobeskillz wrote:
Atticus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
Was this the one where she was detained for no reason?

The reason she was detained was because police reported to calls that she was having sex in a public place - in a car with the door open - and not simply harassing her because she was "making out" with her boyfriend.

TMZ has the audio, and from that it sounds like the police weren't really the problem as much as her mouth and bad attitude.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/django-actress-daniele-watts-lapd-race-card-fame-audio/

When I clicked play on that audio I fully expected to be convinced that the actress was at fault. She dramatized it a bit later when she said that by the way he was talking to her, she could tell that the officer thought she was a prostitute. That being said, the officer didn't exactly help his case by speaking to her the way that he did. There is no law in California requiring individuals to present ID when they are detained on suspicion of criminal activity.

I think both parties were at fault. I think the officer was simply responding to a call, which is his job to do. On the other hand, he could have just said what the call was about and then left, but he was pressing to see her ID, so I could definitely see why she would be upset, since it suggests to her that he is assuming she did something wrong. Also, she was the one who brought up race, but he makes himself sound like a jerk when he says something along the lines of 'oh yeah, play the race card, I've never heard that one before.'

The fact is that we have no idea what was going on in that young lady's mind. Maybe this wasn't a racially motivated incident, but maybe she has had...I don't know...a lifetime of opportunities to be confronted with racial issues. She came into this incident with that background and the officer came in with his. Maybe both sides were right in their own ways, but I don't think it's fair to say that she was a bigger problem than the police.

lol I hate pigs and even I side with the cop on this one. lol. Not sure how anyone can listen to the tape and not think she was completely at fault.

The cop brought up the "never heard that one before" because tons of people like this lady try to play the race card. Is pathetic.

Actually, what is pathetic is that people are too stupid to see that the very term "Playing the race card," sets up a situation that denies the possibility that race (In America, for God's sake) or plays a hand in any situation. It is a way to completely dismiss what very well may be legitimate concerns.

In this particular instance, the officer was faced with a ridiculous drama queen and he handled it about average. He remained fairly but not completely calm and he was unprofessional in his language and repeated use of that insidious phrase. He was also condescending. But, she was certainly provocative and I could see why she would drive someone to unprofessional behavior
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Yeah, as everyone has concluded, we DON'T smell cism. Cops have seen their share of that stuff too, so it's not a stretch for them to assume that they were rolling up on Divine Brown and Hugh Grant Part Deux. And I bet Divine and Hugh protested their innocence just as loudly on scene.

She just needs to see the pics. It's no shocker that straddling her BF in the passenger seat with an open door in front of an office building was gonna raise some eyebrows. And we all know daaaamn well they wanted a little bit of risk excitement for increased blood flow and heightened sensitivity. Instead of being African-American in this case, she's just being an upset woman and an actress by trade, making her doubly prone to dramatics. Beyond that, if you give guff to a cop asking for ID, do you expect them to be LESS suspect of you? Not in this world.

Girl, you know it's true.

Three words:
Mo. Tel. Room.

That's how on-duty cops have sex, consensual or otherwise.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:

What came to mind when I first saw this was the actress caught on Jefferson Blvd in Los Angeles buying crack. I don't remember her name. She lost it when her show canceled. I'm not talking about Jaimee Foxworth.

Are you talking about Maya Campbell? She is the daughter of noted author Bebe Moore Campbell. Maya was incredibly beautiful when she was a young actress. Crack is a helluva drug.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: