Jameis Winston Suspended for One Half for yelling Obscene Gestures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Jameis Winston Suspended for One Half for yelling Obscene Gestures

LINK

This is allegedly what he yelled

By my accounts, Winton is just plain dumb. Stealing crab legs, stealing soda from burger king, shooting out windows, raping women...
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

Winston is another Jamarcus Russell in the making ... a nicer guy I am sure but same level of stupidity.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

It's painful to see such potential on a path to self destruction.

If I were the owner of a NFL franchise, I'd pass on Winston. Let him go somewhere else, keep a eye on him and when he hits bottom, which I feel he will, pick him up at a more matured stage for less.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject:

I am impressed. It is not easy to yell a gesture.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

Its a good thing he still has 2 more years left in college football then...he would get killed in the NFL, plus he isn't mature enough for the pro level yet. He hasn't murdered or beaten anyone up yet...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Its a good thing he still has 2 more years left in college football then...he would get killed in the NFL, plus he isn't mature enough for the pro level yet. He hasn't murdered or beaten anyone up yet...

He will still get drafted really high and get paid. He doesn't need to succeed in the NFL to get a big contract.

If he is going to be this dumb then he should have left already after winning a Heisman and leading his team in a comeback win in the championship game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

He will still get drafted really high and get paid. He doesn't need to succeed in the NFL to get a big contract.

If he is going to be this dumb then he should have left already after winning a Heisman and leading his team in a comeback win in the championship game.

He can't leave for the NFL since he was only a freshman in college. Look up Maurice Clarett when he tried to challenge their NFL eligibility rule.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Kinda what I was thinking.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

Kinda what I was thinking.

"MIDDLE FINGER! MIDDLE FINGER (bleep)!"
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject:

I'm not surprised that Jameis would jump on a table and yell that. I am surprised that he was on campus....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

If what Grammer has in his post is true, it's more than just a gesture.

Sitting him for the first half doesn't show much concern by the university.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

He can't leave for the NFL since he was only a freshman in college. Look up Maurice Clarett when he tried to challenge their NFL eligibility rule.

Forgot about that. In any case, he should leave as soon as he can.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

The post-Ray Rice/Peterson NFL may mean the end to Winton's career. Who's going to want to take a chance on drafting a guy and paying him millions if he has the very high likelyhood of being kicked out of the league? He's a bad apple.
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If what Grammer has in his post is true, it's more than just a gesture.

Sitting him for the first half doesn't show much concern by the university.

FSU students were tweeting what he said.

LINK

Should've put this in the OP whoops
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject:

Million Dollar athlete ... 2 cent brain
#Avatar-gate
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject:

Athletes today because of camera phones and social media are held to a standard where they have to be perfect 100 % of the time or be hermits, lets face it all through history athletes have never been known to be the standard for how to live your life

what this kid did was act like a kid but because of social media he gets punished for it
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Athletes today because of camera phones and social media are held to a standard where they have to be perfect 100 % of the time or be hermits, lets face it all through history athletes have never been known to be the standard for how to live your life

what this kid did was act like a kid but because of social media he gets punished for it

Unfortunately, it comes with the territory.

You think an owner of a Billion Dollar business is going to pay him and let him slide when he screws up in public?
#Avatar-gate
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

I don't buy this idea that because there is now social media, kids (or anyone) should feel like they shouldn't be punished for their behavior.

I certainly acted like a kid when I was young. I never once thought that being a kid meant I shouldn't suffer the consequences for my actions. The arrival of social media doesn't change that at all.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I don't buy this idea that because there is now social media, kids (or anyone) should feel like they shouldn't be punished for their behavior.

I certainly acted like a kid when I was young. I never once thought that being a kid meant I shouldn't suffer the consequences for my actions. The arrival of social media doesn't change that at all.

yelling what he did was a young kid making a joke to make people laugh, Winston obviously has that class clown personality, yelling that phrase is hardly an offense that deserves a suspension

he was suspended because of public opinion not the actual offense
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
pmacla wrote:

yelling what he did was a young kid making a joke to make people laugh, Winston obviously has that class clown personality, yelling that phrase is hardly an offense that deserves a suspension

Cool...do you have a son or daughter? Perhaps a nephew or niece?

Have he or she stand up during lunch time and scream the same phrase as Jameis. I'm sure "public opinion" won't factor in when he/she goes him w/a suspension.
#Avatar-gate
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

^^^yes but think how foolish some of those heisman voters feel. They voted this kid as the most valuable college football player in the nation. He should be more representative of that title than this. Manziel was immature and dumb but he was never this dumb. Worst thing he was caught/reported for doing was having a fake id.

Probably why freshman hadn't been awarded the heisman trophy before.

edit: my comment was meant for pmacla
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Nope. He's not a victim of anything except maybe his own stupidity. This type of behavior was punished long before social media brought public attention.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

Put it this way ... Winston's stupidity is just hurting his draft stock

Mariot, Hundley, and Cook will be more than happy to see him keep up his bonehead antics.
#Avatar-gate
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

Game by Madden, Brain by Mattel

Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject:

#FHRITP

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: