When Should The Lakers Use Their Future Cap Space?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject:

DeMar DeRozan.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
Durant in 2016. Can't do much until Kobe's contract is off the books.

Not sure it will be Durant. But I agree that the Lakers will not be adding any elite players until Kobe's $28M comes off the books. It is all about building a foundation, system and building a solid roster for the next elite player to join.

IMO it is really difficult to speculate about how the Lakers spend $$$ next year until this season plays out. Which players develop and thrive under Scott's system will dictate which direction they decide to go.

- Perhaps a PG is not needed if Lin can be a solid player. If he is averaging 18pts/ 6assts and solid defense. And Clarkson shows potential. Why are the Lakers going after Rondo, Jackson or Rubio? Of course, if Lin plays well he will deserve to be payed well. Can he prove to be a team leader and earn a 4yr/$48M contract?

- Hill is tricky. Can he develop into a solid Noah-esque center? If he can play the mpg and contribute do they extend him? Does the money go to an Asik, Vucevic or Lopez instead? Or is Hill gone as soon as they sign another center? Would Hill be happy being 1st bigman off the bench behind a new Center and Randle. Or can Davis play that role for a lot less?

Personally I hope he plays well and the Lakers use the Houston 1st for a Hammons or Cauley -Stein type center to add to the mix.

- Johnson is another big question mark. Can he develop into a solid D and 3 type SF (although undersized IMO) or can the Lakers either trade for or bring in the next Leonard or Parsons out there. Would Kupchek be able to swing a trade this season of Nash for a Wilson Chandler, H Barnes or Gallinari type SF? Or do they wait and see how Nash and Boozer dollars can be spent next off-season in a very thin SF market.

Good thing is the Lakers have options as long as they and more importantly the fans have realistic expectations for a rebuild. It is going to take a couple years. But I am interested to see how Scott leads and how the players buy-in to the system. Many of our roster speculations could change dramatically if they do.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
The simple answer is whenever they can sign the type of players they want.

This it never should be when. It should be "who". Whenever a Lebron, Durant, Adavis or Blake is a FA, you should pay whatever it takes to sign them. But don't plan on a when. Lakers should try to keep some flexibility rather than overpay like the Suns did with Bledsoe, Mavs with Parsons or especially Utah with Hayward.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
When an FRANCHISE CALIBER ALL_STAR is available for the Max.

FIFY
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
24 wrote:

This it never should be when. It should be "who". Whenever a Lebron, Durant, Adavis or Blake is a FA, you should pay whatever it takes to sign them. But don't plan on a when. Lakers should try to keep some flexibility rather than overpay like the Suns did with Bledsoe, Mavs with Parsons or especially Utah with Hayward.

I'm still trying to figure out what teams saw in Hayward. I've never watched an NBA game where Hayward was involved and was impressed... Now an NCAA game? Sure.... Hayward? Nah.

Parsons contract was actually a smart move by Cuban. He needed to overpay shortterm, to get him longterm - Which is exactly what he did.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
24 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out what teams saw in Hayward. I've never watched an NBA game where Hayward was involved and was impressed... Now an NCAA game? Sure.... Hayward? Nah.

Parsons contract was actually a smart move by Cuban. He needed to overpay shortterm, to get him longterm - Which is exactly what he did.

I like Chandler but still feel that was not a great contract. He is way better than Hayward but Im done with overpaying non stars. Rather go with hungry vets and young players than overpay for mid-level starters.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject:

slestack11 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
24 wrote:
My guess is the Lakers will make a major trade this season or next.

Who do you see the lakers trading for? I dint see very many options considering most of the top names just signed deals recently. The next tier would be a guy like rondo, or Bledsoe (not sure if he signed the offer yet)

If the Lakers can flip Steve Nash's expiring contract and Jordan Hill to Boston for Rajon Rondo, that would be fantastic. Then maybe they can pick up Emeka Okafor on a veteran contract. This lineup in my opinion has a puncher chance in the playoffs:

PG: Rondo, Lin, Clarkson
SG: Kobe, Swaggy P, Clarkson
SF: Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry
PF: Julius Randle, Carlos Boozer, Ryan Kelly
C: Emeka Okafor, Ed Davis, Robert Sacre

Why do people keep bringing up Rondo, the dude hasn't been a factor for a few years now. Come on let go of this clown.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject:

If we have to make any deal with Boston.... I would much prefer Jeff Green over Rondo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: