Not sure about everyone else.. but I'm very excited about next year
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Not sure about everyone else.. but I'm very excited about next year

No one is willing to give the Lakers a chance. the one thing that makes next year super exciting is the fact that Kobe is probably gonna play at a high level as long as he doesn't get a freak injury accident...

it's also appealing that we finally have a voice on the sidelines Scott is probably one of the best when it comes to making players focus and with players we have that shouldn't be a problem especially guys like Kobe/Lin/Randle.

I hope next year becomes a memorable season for the Lakers and the fans....

LETS DO THIS!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm always excited for the Lakers to open a new season.

That Kobe will be healthy from the jump, new coach, and some new talent only fuels the intrigue.

I have no clue how they're going to do ... but I can't wait.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Expectations are so low for the Lakers that there's nowhere to go but up. So basically, it's all gravy. Anything that happens, other than a terminal meltdown into the league's worst team (won't happen, it will be a better year than last year) will exceed the expectation of critics in the media. It's all upside from here. Can't wait for the season to start, no matter what happens.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject:

This is a much different season than last. I'm much more hopeful about this team even though making the playoffs may be unlikely. It'll be a much more pleasurable team IMO and we will start seeing signs of building for the future with guys like Randle clarkson and even Kelly.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject:

I just want a competitive team. Not a team that keeps getting blown out every single night!!!!! If we compete and lose, it will sting but not as embarrassing as all those loses last season.
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers are going to surprise everyone this year. I like that expectations are low, a suprising underdog story is always nice.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
I just want a competitive team. Not a team that keeps getting blown out every single night!!!!! If we compete and lose, it will sting but not as embarrassing as all those loses last season.

right on. I can cheer for a team that plays hard on defense. We know their not likely to go anywhere, but I'd rather watch a 10-20 Laker team over a 20-10 Clipper team. Also, maybe Scott isn't the most acclaimed coach, but he's a Laker coach I can root for. Last year I wanted the team to do well, but I still couldn't stand MDA and his snide attitude.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is a much different season than last. I'm much more hopeful about this team even though making the playoffs may be unlikely. It'll be a much more pleasurable team IMO and we will start seeing signs of building for the future with guys like Randle clarkson and even Kelly.

Agree.

I had no desire to watch last year's team. Injuries aside, I just couldn't stand to watch MDA and his ways. The energy/vibe was all wrong.

But this year, with the old school Lakers' way that Coach B is going to be bringing, it just feels like there is a brighter future. This current group may not be championship-calibre, but now there is now a clear, positive basketball direction that's been totally endorsed by past Lakers' greats.

But what I'm most excited about is watching the development of Randle.
Before he went all "Bynum," watching a young Andrew Bynum develop was so much fun. I hadn't had as much fun watching a young player develop since watching young Kobe develop.
Now it's Randle. I expect plenty of mistakes from him, but I also expect to see flashes of brilliance. Watching him grow and develop over the course of the season will be very fun.

Watching Clarkson and Kelly's development will be fun, too.

Last edited by B_P on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Next year (2015-16) should be exciting....

Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree.

I had no desire to watch last year's team. Injuries aside, I just couldn't stand to watch MDA and his ways. The energy/vibe was all wrong.

But this year, with the old school Lakers' way that Coach B is going to be bringing, it just feels like there is a brighter future. This current group may not be championship-calibre, but now there is now a clear, positive basketball direction that's been totally endorsed by past Lakers' greats.

Before he went all "Bynum," watching a young Andrew Bynum develop was so much fun. I hadn't had as much fun watching a young player develop since watching young Kobe develop.
Now it's Randle. I expect plenty of mistakes from him, but I also expect to see flashes of brilliance. Watching him grow and develop over the course of the season will be very fun.

The talent level on last year was bad, one of the worst teams from top to bottom that I've seen. The stars of last years team were role players and bench guys at best on good teams, yet they were able to win some games and even blitz teams at times. I know why people didnt like DAntoni as a coach or as a person but it still baffles me how people think his coaching style held that team back. Talentwise, they might have been outmatched every single game last year.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Just make the playoffs this year will be good. Everyone healthy. Then KD coming next summer.

Lin
Kobe
KD
Randle

Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

as much as i love Pau I am happy to NOT see his constant pissing and moaning about coaching and how he is being used instead of producing on the court in terms of wins

everybody is here because they want to be here...
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Playoffs or
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Mda is gone

He didnt care about getting beat by 20 points every night. There was no pride. Everyone on that team was simply hoping it ended soon

Not having mda, who really tuned out most fans with his smart ass comments, is an exciting thing to look forward to.

Nash farewell tour
Kobe right behind

Enjoy it while it lasts
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I am very excited about watching randle and Clarkson develop over the next few years. I've been watching a lot of mark Madsen interviews the last few days and he's convinced me that randle will be a monster in the league.

Madsen knows this game and between him and boozer coaching randle he's going to progress fast. I expect Clarkson and randle to be lakers for a very longtime.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
B_P wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree.

The talent level on last year was bad, one of the worst teams from top to bottom that I've seen. The stars of last years team were role players and bench guys at best on good teams, yet they were able to win some games and even blitz teams at times. I know why people didnt like DAntoni as a coach or as a person but it still baffles me how people think his coaching style held that team back. Talentwise, they might have been outmatched every single game last year.

You only have to ask Jordan hill, Kaman and Pau about MDA's coaching style. I'm sure Kobe would have a thing to say as well. Not saying they would have made the playoffs but his usage of players cost us a handfull of games.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Mi cuerpo esta listo.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:

Same here. If we're only going to get a mediocre 35-36 wins and be the 11th seed, then so be it. Another season like 2013-2014 would kill me. ANYTHING would be better than last season's atrocity.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I am very excited about watching our young (and youngish) guys who might end up being here for awhile, even if just as bench guys.

I think Sacre can be our backup C for a long time, for example, and would love to see him continue to improve.

I think Ryan Kelly can at least be a backup SF/PF in this league.

I'd love for Ed Davis to be our shot blocking PF/C off the bench, or even as a starter PF with Randle at SF and a bigger full size C.

I'd love for Clarkson to develop into at least a good backup PG, which it seems like he will do.

Just some examples of stuff I'm looking forward to that don't depend on us being an amazing team.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
B_P wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree.

You only have to ask Jordan hill, Kaman and Pau about MDA's coaching style. I'm sure Kobe would have a thing to say as well. Not saying they would have made the playoffs but his usage of players cost us a handfull of games.

How about asking the 15 other guys that flourished under him?

Pau and Kaman simply aren't as good as they think they are. They were not going to lead the team to any more victories. Hill's spot in the rotation was unpredictable but he ended up with the same minutes he has been used to in his career and he didnt seem as upset with the minutes as his fans were.

Lack of talent was holding that team back. It seems like people want to believe that coaching was the culprit and I think that's going to lead to unfair expectations for Byron.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
B_P wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree.

How about asking the 15 other guys that flourished under him?

Pau and Kaman simply aren't as good as they think they are. They were not going to lead the team to any more victories. Hill's spot in the rotation was unpredictable but he ended up with the same minutes he has been used to in his career and he didnt seem as upset with the minutes as his fans were.

Lack of talent was holding that team back. It seems like people want to believe that coaching was the culprit and I think that's going to lead to unfair expectations for Byron.

Who flourished under him? Young? Meeks? Guys that like to jack up shots and not do much else? And no, considering Wes only played a few minutes a game toward the end of the season means he wasn't doing that we'll in the system either.

Kaman, hill and Pau were the best big men we had but MDA chose to feature Sacre instead for a good stretch of the season. MDA definitely cost us a number of games with his lousy rotations. I like his line: you speed the game up when you don't have the talent, , see the results.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

Always get excited at this time of year. The real question is "How long will it last?". Hopefully this season is watchable the whole way instead of it being over at Christmas.

!...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject:

SUPER EXCITED for this season. New players, new coach, and a chance to build a new culture
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

Always excited to see my Lakers play.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

I'm excited to see this team prove everyone wrong.

Kobe will still be effective. He may play a few less minutes a game, but he'll still average over 20 pts and teams will still have to plan their defenses around him.

Lin will show that Linsanity wasn't a fluke. He's actually a better player now than he was then. He won't put up the same numbers because he's not an unknown anymore. But when he gets voted in as an All-Star, there won't be a huge backlash saying that he didn't deserve it. He'll be in the conversation.

Steve Nash will show that he's still amazing. Just amazing in fewer minutes.

Randle and Clarkson will develop faster than people expect. They may not be stars, but they will be very good rookies.

Nick Young will be a suitable backup for Kobe when Kobe's not in the game.

Boozer will show that when he has good P&R PGs, he's still a really good player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: