Not sure about everyone else.. but I'm very excited about next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Randle, Clarkson, Lin, even Davis are the new and young blood I'm most excited about. You're possibly looking at 2, 3 of these guys possibly being in the Lakers future.

Put Kevin Durant in with those guys and you have championship contenders.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Randle, Clarkson, Lin, even Davis are the new and young blood I'm most excited about. You're possibly looking at 2, 3 of these guys possibly being in the Lakers future.

Put Kevin Durant in with those guys and you have championship contenders.

Of course I would love for Durant to be here, and I've advocated for same, but yeah, looks like he'll be in OKC or Washington. I don't see a Shaq-esque need to be in LA (over Orlando). We just need to pray that Randle can turn out to be the "Next" and be handed the mantle of leadership by Kobe.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject:

If the team plays hard I'll enjoy it. At least we won't have a stubborn coach trying to play out of character for the players on hand. Between whining Howard and Pringles, tough to enjoy the season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes, totally agree. That's why I don't even need to find reasons to artifically boost win projections for this team. The wins don't really matter, just icing on the cake this year.

I just want to see a team that competes hard, brings it every night and gives us something to look forward to going forward.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
If the team plays hard I'll enjoy it. At least we won't have a stubborn coach trying to play out of character for the players on hand. Between whining Howard and Pringles, tough to enjoy the season.

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Randle/Davis/Hill/Lin/ all have a chance to have a great season this year... that's gonna be a long way of us having a good season...... no one should listen to the media they have been wrong throughout history on there sports analysis... this is why most of the writers from the media get fired... cause they become hacks after a little while.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject:

People were excited last year too. Kobe was making a surprisingly quick recovery, Gasol was moving to center and some thought he would go back to his dominant self there, Howard leaving was supposed to be addition by subtraction according to some, the team was much improved at PG (no Duhon or Morris to stink it up was VERY significant), the team was younger and more athletic with MWP being gone and some younger, talented players on the wings that increased team speed, and D'Antoni would run his training camp for the first time and players were going to be more familiar with him in his second season. And the team still had a big 3 with Kobe, Gasol and Nash which was supposed to be as good as any big 3 in the league.

The team just needed to stay healthy, unlike the previous season when all of the big 4 had injury problems.

Ironically, I remember less excitement before the 2007-2008 season than I remember before any other season on here. People thought Kobe was surrounded by scrubs, and some seemed to want him to play for the Bulls because they hated the front office so much. The team was #1 in the West in January BEFORE the Gasol trade, which is something nobody thought they could accomplish just months earlier. I'm surprised how many people have forgotten about that, but Bynum was a huge part of that, got injured, and I feel that Gasol kind of replaced him after that trade went down.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Randle/Davis/Hill/Lin/ all have a chance to have a great season this year... that's gonna be a long way of us having a good season...... no one should listen to the media they have been wrong throughout history on there sports analysis... this is why most of the writers from the media get fired... cause they become hacks after a little while.

The West is loaded though. If this team could switch places with Cleveland and play in the East then I'd be much more optimistic.
onthafarm
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
People were excited last year too. Kobe was making a surprisingly quick recovery, Gasol was moving to center and some thought he would go back to his dominant self there, Howard leaving was supposed to be addition by subtraction according to some, the team was much improved at PG (no Duhon or Morris to stink it up was VERY significant), the team was younger and more athletic with MWP being gone and some younger, talented players on the wings that increased team speed, and D'Antoni would run his training camp for the first time and players were going to be more familiar with him in his second season. And the team still had a big 3 with Kobe, Gasol and Nash which was supposed to be as good as any big 3 in the league.

The team just needed to stay healthy, unlike the previous season when all of the big 4 had injury problems.

Ironically, I remember less excitement before the 2007-2008 season than I remember before any other season on here. People thought Kobe was surrounded by scrubs, and some seemed to want him to play for the Bulls because they hated the front office so much. The team was #1 in the West in January BEFORE the Gasol trade, which is something nobody thought they could accomplish just months earlier. I'm surprised how many people have forgotten about that, but Bynum was a huge part of that, got injured, and I feel that Gasol kind of replaced him after that trade went down.

excellent post, steven
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Yup many have forgotten the bolded part.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: