Equinox Fitness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Equinox Fitness

Anyone have experience with this place? I think I've had it with 24-hour "basketball shorts with chuck taylors" Fitness.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Isn't it obscenely expensive?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

$150/month

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

$150/month

Boy...at the end of the day it's just a gym. Go in, get it done, get out. Only reason I can think of that would bother me is if it gets too crowded at the hours you go. That I can empathize it. Otherwise, what some fitness d-bag does shouldn't matter.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

My impression was that it was slightly cleaner? Not sure if it's worth that much of a price difference, especially if you aren't using a trainer. If you know someone who works there, you can maybe finagle a discount but it's still ludicrous.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Just workout at home like this guy
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Isn't this where some says, "Do you even lift, bro?"
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

$150/month

Boy...at the end of the day it's just a gym. Go in, get it done, get out. Only reason I can think of that would bother me is if it gets too crowded at the hours you go. That I can empathize it. Otherwise, what some fitness d-bag does shouldn't matter.

I'm a practical shlub, I mostly agree. But the two 24HF locations closest to where I live have been steadily overtaken by riff raff. The hot cardio bunnies to whom I used to look forward have been replaced by former crips, communist genocide refugees, and guys with calf tats whose fathers probably pooped in their beds as punishment. This tacky demographic shift culminated late last night when I was playing racquetball at this location and our game was disrupted when an altercation between Rikishi and a son of anarchy started slamming itself onto the glass wall behind us and then opened the door and spilled onto the court, and we were forcibly evacuated so they could wipe up the blood and unpaid child support.

btw I just took a serious look into equinox and decided that their locations are too distant and their hours too inconvenient to be worthwhile. So I guess I'll just continue working out at the Greyhound Station, er, I mean 24 hour fitness.

Last edited by C M B on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

$150/month

I'm a practical shlub, I mostly agree. But the two 24HF locations closest to where I live have been steadily overtaken by riff raff. The hot cardio bunnies to whom I used to look forward have been replaced by former crips, communist genocide refugees, and guys with calf tats whose fathers probably pooped in their beds as punishment. This tacky demographic shift culminated late last night when I was playing racquetball at this location and our game was disrupted when altercation between Rikishi and a son of anarchy started slamming itself onto the glass wall behind us, and we were forcibly evacuated so they could wipe up the blood.

btw I just took a serious look into equinox and decided that their locations are too distant and their hours too inconvenient to be worthwhile. So I guess I'll just continue working out at the Greyhound Station, er, I mean 24 hour fitness.

Any Gold's Gym nearby? Planet Fitness? UFC Gym?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

$150/month

I'm a practical shlub, I mostly agree. But the two 24HF locations closest to where I live have been steadily overtaken by riff raff. The hot cardio bunnies to whom I used to look forward have been replaced by former crips, communist genocide refugees, and guys with calf tats whose fathers probably pooped in their beds as punishment. This tacky demographic shift culminated late last night when I was playing racquetball at this location and our game was disrupted when an altercation between Rikishi and a son of anarchy started slamming itself onto the glass wall behind us and then opened the door and spilled onto the court, and we were forcibly evacuated so they could wipe up the blood and unpaid child support.

Yeah, if fights are breaking out, that's a problem. I'd seek some alternatives first though. $150/month is nuts imo.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

$150/month

Pretty sure an experience like that should be at least 1 month free . . . two if you wiped up the blood yourself.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

You're just describing the people of California, not just 24 Hr Fitness.
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Years ago a company I used to work for gave all employees a membership to the Equinox in Century City. The CEO was a health nut so it was one of the perks he wanted the employees to have. I know memberships were about $200-$225 per month. Overall it was a nice gym, rarely crowded, really clean, and all of the equipment was new or top of the line. The locker rooms were posh and felt pretty luxurious. People said that the spa part was top notch. I wasn't into the whole spa treatment so I never checked it out.

After my company moved to the South Bay, the CEO switched everyone to the Spectrum Club in El Segundo. I really preferred the Spectrum Club compared to Equinox. It was just as clean and all of the equipment was just as good, but the best part is they had far more stuff to do (basketball court, boxing studio, better pool, etc). However, there was more people but I wouldn't say it ever got overcrowded. I believe my company was paying about half of what it cost at Equinox. I guess if I had to sum up the difference between the two it would be that Equinox is a gym if you're looking to workout for R&R while Spectrum is a gym if you're looking for a real workout with a greater variety of options. YMMV
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: