Will the Lakers be a good three point shooting team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers be a good three point shooting team?

greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
I recently read this blurb that the Lakers lost 4 of their top 5 three point shooters. That might not mean much since we're in transition from D'Antoni ball, but it got me thinking if we have enough three point shooting on the team as is.

Who we could expect to shoot threes?

1. Kobe - I don't expect him to shoot many threes. Okay three point shooter.
2. Nick - Very good three point shooter, but tends to be a subpar catch and shoot three point shooter.
3. Lin - good three point shooter, but again, it's not something that's his strength
4. Nash - probably the best three point shooter on the team, if he's healthy, and he won't be.
5. Xavier - not a good three pt shooter
6. Wes - bad shooter period
7. Clarkson - he can shoot from what we've seen early on, but will be even see the court?

So what do you think? Maybe this is a team that could benefit from shooting threes less to begin with....but does it have enough to get by?

Wes shot 37% how is he a bad 3 pt shooter?

Post-MDA inflation let's see what he shoots. Only in his rookie season, which was considered a bust, was he close to last year's percentage.

That's interesting he has two decent 3pt shooting years out of his four years playing but you choose to go with he can't shoot 3s smh

The point was that he's hardly established himself as a good shooter. Shake your head at that.

Yeah, Wes is a 34.6% career 3pt shooter. That isn't very good. At the very least, he's shown some promise though when given shots.

In the two years he shot above 35%, he got over 270 attempts per season. In the two years he shot below 33%, he got no greater than 169 attempts per season.

He'll have to take a lot of 3s (around as many as MWP and Derek Fisher would take for this team) and I know some were frustrated by MWP's incessant 3pt shooting but he shot 35.5% that season. I don't think that is good, but apparently some folks in here do.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers be a good three point shooting team?

greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
I recently read this blurb that the Lakers lost 4 of their top 5 three point shooters. That might not mean much since we're in transition from D'Antoni ball, but it got me thinking if we have enough three point shooting on the team as is.

2. Nick - Very good three point shooter, but tends to be a subpar catch and shoot three point shooter.
3. Lin - good three point shooter, but again, it's not something that's his strength
4. Nash - probably the best three point shooter on the team, if he's healthy, and he won't be.
7. Clarkson - he can shoot from what we've seen early on, but will be even see the court?

So what do you think? Maybe this is a team that could benefit from shooting threes less to begin with....but does it have enough to get by?

Post-MDA inflation let's see what he shoots. Only in his rookie season, which was considered a bust, was he close to last year's percentage.

That's interesting he has two decent 3pt shooting years out of his four years playing but you choose to go with he can't shoot 3s smh

The point was that he's hardly established himself as a good shooter. Shake your head at that.

You had no point. It's like all of your post anti laker post. I've never seen you say anything positive.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject:

^ What's the point of just saying we'll be the best at everything all of the time though?

Just look at the numbers. Look at what is. Not what you want or don't want because those things are irrelevant to the question. The question wasn't "do you want them to be a good 3pt shooting team" it was asking if they will be.

All signs point to no, they won't be and they will likely be decidedly average at best and most likely slightly below average.

But that's ok. That's not going to be our bread and butter anyway IMO. We won't be a live by the 3 and die by the 3 kind of team.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers be a good three point shooting team?

Car54 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

You had no point. It's like all of your post anti laker post. I've never seen you say anything positive.

grumpyfrog is grumpy.

!...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers be a good three point shooting team?

Car54 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I defended Ryan Kelly while you were stupidly belittling him. I was pretty much all over Blake and Meeks' jock last season. I dunno, is that not positive?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Who cares about 3-point shooting....We do enough of that losing style last year and look where it got us. How about asking if we're going to be a good defensive team and win some ball games.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Who cares about 3-point shooting....We do enough of that losing style last year and look where it got us. How about asking if we're going to be a good defensive team and win some ball games.

Not a bad idea, but then that would be a different thread topic than this one, wouldn't it?

.... so go for it... I'm sure there are those ready and willing to contribute to that topic... if posted that is....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject:

^ OK King Randle, how about this new topic: Will the Lakers improve defensively compared to last year?

.... have at it....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers be a good three point shooting team?

greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Car54 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I defended Ryan Kelly while you were stupidly belittling him. I was pretty much all over Blake and Meeks' jock last season. I dunno, is that not positive?

Maybe you two should take a break from each other so no one has to just take a break...
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject:

Depends on Scotts philosophy ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: