51%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 64

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I want the world to see my private pics, so, I'm going with iPhone 6.

On a serious note, after having the iPhone 5, I'm ready for a big boy phone. Note 4 it most likely is.

went from iphone 5 to galaxy s5.

If the note is anywhere near the quality of the s5 i'd say stay away from it.

The phone was awesome the first 2 weeks.. now its just so clunky. Everything is delayed.

That describes my iPhone 5. Laggy, the power button up top hasn't worked in a year, randomly my battery drains at an insane rate.

One of my biggest pet peeves is that many 3rd party apps have to use the same ringtone, can't change it. That drives me nuts!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Went from an iPhone 5 to a HTC One M8, it was a good experience for the first week or so -- superior gmail, gvoice integration (of course), led alerts for msgs, google maps working to near perfection, and the yahoo mail app was smooth.

Even though it was a phone with all of the bells and whistles one can want, the dealbreaker was the BofA mobile banking app for Android. I understand that there are versions of Android which may differ for each phone, but the mobile dev gurus at BofA haven't solved the mobile check deposit issue with the latest Samsung Galaxy and HTC phones. It takes about 20 minutes to deposit a single check and with dozens of checks each month that need to be deposited it kind of defeats the purpose of having an app in the first place.

It's possible to go without the near-perfect seamless integration of G apps as long as they work, but without that specific mobile deposit app working the way it should on Android, it's back to ios for the foreseeable future.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I want the world to see my private pics, so, I'm going with iPhone 6.

On a serious note, after having the iPhone 5, I'm ready for a big boy phone. Note 4 it most likely is.

went from iphone 5 to galaxy s5.

If the note is anywhere near the quality of the s5 i'd say stay away from it.

The phone was awesome the first 2 weeks.. now its just so clunky. Everything is delayed.

At least you don't have an S3. Mine gets *maybe* two hours of screen time and charges at like 20% per hour. Almost unusable at this point, really.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:

how about C) HTC One M8
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
I used Iphones for a good 4-5 years. Then swapped over to Android to see what the fuss was all about. Spent two years with an Android phone. I'm now back on iOS and it's so buttery smooth. Everything is easy to use and just works. I'm never touching another Android phone.

Die hard Android folks keep talking about specs. But the irony is that these same people should know better that specs isn't the whole story. It's about how the hardware interfaces with the software.

Had Android l for a couple of years and switched to Iphone 5 two years ago. I like the Iphone much better. It's a lot more user friendly and very stable. The hardware seems to be of better quality as well.

have the samsung galaxy 3 and i will be ordering the iphone 6 next week. can't wait!
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Went in to see the Iphone 6. Also looked at Note 3. I like Note 3 better than Iphone 6 plus. Note 4 is going to be real sick.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Note 4 by a mile, but you might also like the LG G3. I have the G3 and it's slightly smaller than the Note4, but has an IPS 1440p display like the Note 4.

It lacks Samsung's bloatware, and features LG's minimalist skin of Kit Kat 4.4.2. Performance is superb, the display is beautiful and crisp, and the battery life is awesome.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
I used Iphones for a good 4-5 years. Then swapped over to Android to see what the fuss was all about. Spent two years with an Android phone. I'm now back on iOS and it's so buttery smooth. Everything is easy to use and just works. I'm never touching another Android phone.

Die hard Android folks keep talking about specs. But the irony is that these same people should know better that specs isn't the whole story. It's about how the hardware interfaces with the software.

Switched to Android two years ago from iOS and I haven't looked back. Escaping Apple's ecosystem was like getting out of prison. My media is unlocked, freely shareable among multiple devices, I don't have to use (bleep) iTunes ever again. Those reasons alone should be enough. My wife just went from an iPhone to a Galaxy S3 and is amazed at how much better the experience is. Apple FUD is so tired and old.

Between her, my daughter and I, we've owned something like 6 iPhones....and each one has had the battery go bad within two years of use. Since we went Android, I've seen one bad battery, and all it took was $10 on Amazon to get a new battery. Running low on storage? $14 on Amazon for a 16GB SD card, and you have twice the storage.

Last edited by K28 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I love my Note 2. Looking forward to the Note 4.

The big draw for me would be if Apple hadn't completely messed up iTunes. But I find my amazon music player much more user friendly than iTunes now. Just a terrible series of moves by Apple regarding the vehicle that saved the company.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I like Google Music. I put all my music up on it, and it's instantly accessible by every internet connected device I own....except the Apple ones.

I have an Amazon account too....not as much music on it. But I might put a backup copy of all my music up on it since I am hearing good things about the player.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:

Switched to Android two years ago from iOS and I haven't looked back. Escaping Apple's ecosystem was like getting out of prison. My media is unlocked, freely shareable among multiple devices, I don't have to use (bleep) iTunes ever again. Those reasons alone should be enough. My wife just went from an iPhone to a Galaxy S3 and is amazed at how much better the experience is. Apple FUD is so tired and old.

Between her, my daughter and I, we've owned something like 6 iPhones....and each one has had the battery go bad within two years of use. Since we went Android, I've seen one bad battery, and all it took was $10 on Amazon to get a new battery. Running low on storage? $14 on Amazon for a 16GB SD card, and you have twice the storage.

I think it's clear what the divergence is here. On the pro Apple side, you have people who prefer a no-fuss smartphone that runs smoother than gelato. On the pro Android side, you have people who prefer the freedom to customize their device and do things that Apple won't let them do on the iPhone.

That's really all it comes down to. It's a lot like the console vs PC or Mac vs PC argument. Pros and cons to each, can't disparage somebody for going with one or the other. I've been in both camps and I enjoy each. My Nexus 7 is much more customizable, can execute far cooler software tricks, and have files loaded onto it that would get eaten by Apple's walled garden. My iPhone can't do that, but at the same time it's a breeze to use and does all of the simple things I want it to do (pictures, apps, mobile banking, e-mail, browsing) on a daily basis with absolutely zero delay.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I got the iPhone 6...I thought the Plus was way too big

I think the design for both phones is a clear upgrade though, and it doesn't make the Plus seem as big as it.

If I were constantly on to go and didn't have access to a computer, I see the benefit of the Plus though.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
I love my Note 2. Looking forward to the Note 4.

The big draw for me would be if Apple hadn't completely messed up iTunes. But I find my amazon music player much more user friendly than iTunes now. Just a terrible series of moves by Apple regarding the vehicle that saved the company.

I'm glad it's not only me in regards to iTunes. It's been a cluster of you know what imo.

I've always though it was just be me because I haven't kept up on the assortment of new features, so with each new iteration I've lost touch with the interface.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject:

For the past 1.5 years, all these phones do all the basic stuff well enough. The most important thing for me now is to choose the phone with the best battery life. Especially now with bigger screens and lte
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
First Antennagate, now it's Bendgate

MacRumors

Dat flexibility tho
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I prefer the S5. I have had iPhone and Galaxy phones, and the extra buttons make the difference for me. Having the back button and the menu button at all times make it easier to manage my tasks.

To me the deciding factor is the music player. If you really value a good music player; something very easy to manage playlists, buy new music, etc. iPhone is the way to go. But for me I hate to listen to music on my phone. I don't like being interrupted during a run or at the gym by phone calls, so I use an iPod for music and a phone for internet and phone calls.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm still rocking a Blackberry so I'm waaay outnumbered here. Nevertheless, I'll be tuning in to the Blackberry announcement tomorrow for details on the Passport.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Leaning Note 4 now. The possible bending of the 6+ concerns me.

Same guy who did the bend test on the 6 plus tries to bend the Note 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0#t=161

Expect a response from Apple soon. It isn't just tech sites that have latched onto this story. It's on most of the major news sites as well.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
For the past 3 years, all these phones do all the basic stuff well enough. The most important thing for me now is to choose the phone with the best battery life. Especially now with bigger screens and lte

Fixed!

Also you guys should check out his lunacy:

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/298189-5s-no-longer-flagship-blues.html

A whole thread devoted to crying about how their iPhone 5Ss are no longer the flagship. HA ha. I never understood this mindset. My friggen 4S still powers through everyday tasks like a champ, and they cry about having a phone that's slightly "worse" than the newest one. Yawn.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

It all comes down to which one will be more useful to you. The #1 reason I have loved the Note series, since the Note 2, is the S-pen. Without that, I'd probably have a different Android phone. I'm not a big Apple user, at all. I don't even use iTunes, except for work, but there are a few of my friends that swear by Apple products. Android serves my needs in my business and personal life, much better, but at this stage in the game, I don't think one can necessarily say one is better than the other. I think Android OEM's and Apple have raised the competition enough, that there are great options for the consumers.

Good luck with choosing.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
For the past 3 years, all these phones do all the basic stuff well enough. The most important thing for me now is to choose the phone with the best battery life. Especially now with bigger screens and lte

Fixed!

Also you guys should check out his lunacy:

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/298189-5s-no-longer-flagship-blues.html

A whole thread devoted to crying about how their iPhone 5Ss are no longer the flagship. HA ha. I never understood this mindset. My friggen 4S still powers through everyday tasks like a champ, and they cry about having a phone that's slightly "worse" than the newest one. Yawn.

Why are they getting all bent out of shape?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Note 4 by a mile, but you might also like the LG G3. I have the G3 and it's slightly smaller than the Note4, but has an IPS 1440p display like the Note 4.

It lacks Samsung's bloatware, and features LG's minimalist skin of Kit Kat 4.4.2. Performance is superb, the display is beautiful and crisp, and the battery life is awesome.

I'd never considered the G3 before or any LG smartphone for that matter until I was watching a phablet review on YT this morning. One thing that stood out in the review is the G3 has the best ergonomics and balance for a phablet as well as a stellar display. That's important to me as I move from large phone to phablet.

I'm still leaning towards the Note 4, but having some doubts now that I've seen the G3. I want the S Pen and I just picked up a Gear Neo off of ebay just to delve into smartwatches. I know I'm eventually going to get a watch running Android Wear, but right now the features are still limited.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

Have a HTC on M8 Google Play Edition and Love it. Would upgrade to a G3 if a there was a GPE version released.

One thing to keep in mind... The Nexus X and Nexus 9 are about to be released with the upcoming release of Android L (newest OS).

I would wait to see the new NEXUS offerings before you make a decision.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
Have a HTC on M8 Google Play Edition and Love it. Would upgrade to a G3 if a there was a GPE version released.

One thing to keep in mind... The Nexus X and Nexus 9 are about to be released with the upcoming release of Android L (newest OS).

I would wait to see the new NEXUS offerings before you make a decision.

Thanks for the advice. I was pretty close to committing to a 6+ until this whole bending scandal.

My current htc One (M7) has been slammed in my car door and it STILL didn't bend that much as the guy's in the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:

I think it's clear what the divergence is here. On the pro Apple side, you have people who prefer a no-fuss smartphone that runs smoother than gelato. On the pro Android side, you have people who prefer the freedom to customize their device and do things that Apple won't let them do on the iPhone.

That's really all it comes down to. It's a lot like the console vs PC or Mac vs PC argument. Pros and cons to each, can't disparage somebody for going with one or the other. I've been in both camps and I enjoy each. My Nexus 7 is much more customizable, can execute far cooler software tricks, and have files loaded onto it that would get eaten by Apple's walled garden. My iPhone can't do that, but at the same time it's a breeze to use and does all of the simple things I want it to do (pictures, apps, mobile banking, e-mail, browsing) on a daily basis with absolutely zero delay.

The iPhone is also a breeze to hack apparently!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: