Galaxy Note 4
51%
 51%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 64

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

And this is why I usually wait 6 months before getting the "Next" iPhone.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
And this is why I usually wait 6 months before getting the "Next" iPhone.

What a shame. Not only the bent aluminum thing but all of the bugs in iOS 8. It'll be worth waiting 6 months if only because we all know that iOS 8.1.2 (or whatever) will work far better.

On the bent aluminum -- we kind of saw this coming. Apple keeps making their phones slimmer and slimmer and probably uses the cheapest aluminum possible on their devices to keep production costs down. Say what you will about the glass on the iPhone 4-5S, but at least it won't bend!

I would have preferred an iPhone 6 that was thicker, had more battery life, and used glass instead of those ugly plastic inserts. But that's just me.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

I feel like people on the 4 - 5 - 6 upgrade track get a bit ripped off. Always a design flaw (antenna, chipped aluminum paint, bendgate), and Apple always favors this new broken design over improved performance (4 barely more powerful that 3GS, 5 barely faster than 4S, 6 barely faster than 5S).

Whereas the 3GS - 4S - 5S all perfected the design and featured a huge boost in processing power.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

Don't upgrade to 8.0.1 if you have an iPhone 6. Apparently it can cut off your phone from connecting to cell service. It can also glitch your Touch ID so it no longer works. Wait for them to fix it before updating.

http://gizmodo.com/ios-8-0-1-is-breaking-cell-connections-on-the-iphone-6-1638669641
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I feel like people on the 4 - 5 - 6 upgrade track get a bit ripped off. Always a design flaw (antenna, chipped aluminum paint, bendgate), and Apple always favors this new broken design over improved performance (4 barely more powerful that 3GS, 5 barely faster than 4S, 6 barely faster than 5S).

Whereas the 3GS - 4S - 5S all perfected the design and featured a huge boost in processing power.

Agreed. Incremental changes in the past few iterations of the iPhone. Not worth waiting in line, or waiting for them to fix problems. I may sit tight, let them work out the problems and get the iPhone 6 next year.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Don't upgrade to 8.0.1 if you have an iPhone 6. Apparently it can cut off your phone from connecting to cell service. It can also glitch your Touch ID so it no longer works. Wait for them to fix it before updating.

http://gizmodo.com/ios-8-0-1-is-breaking-cell-connections-on-the-iphone-6-1638669641

Seriously? Wasn't 8.0.1 supposed to fix the battery and wifi issues?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

This is what turned me off from iPhone. Not just the design flaws, but the way they deflect blame from their product. If bluetooth has an echo, its your cars fault; if wifi doesn't work, its your routers fault, etc. Just felt like I was getting the run around.

And when I got the 3G, I had a lot of problems with reception. Apple's fix was to turn off 3G. I almost lost it, why pay for something that you have to disable?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

"You're holding it wrong" was my personal favorite.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject:

Apple without Steve Jobs is failing
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
"You're holding it wrong" was my personal favorite.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
Apple without Steve Jobs is failing

Their stock prices and market share say otherwise. I think however they are letting the quality of their products to slowly slip though. I doubt a bendable phone would've been allowed to be sold under Jobs.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Iphone is all hype.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I doubt a bendable phone would've been allowed to be sold under Jobs.

That's because Jobs would have convinced his Apple-lytes they didn't need a 5.5" screen.

or NFC
or widgets
or notifications
or multitasking
or a 7" tablet
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject:

Bend-gazi.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Their stock prices and market share say otherwise. I think however they are letting the quality of their products to slowly slip though.

Investors seem to agree.

Quote:
Plagued with allegations of hardware that’s a little too bendy for its newest iPhone and a problematic software update, shares of Apple (AAPL) are bending.

Shares of Apple are down $3.87, or 3.9%, to $97.95 Thursday, breaking the extremely important $100 a share mark. Investors and traders are carefully watching the $100 level since that’s the same level the stock hit in 2012 before beginning a painful roughly 50% decline.

The stock has now lost a staggering $23 billion since the iPhone 6 was released on Sept. 19. The day’s loss in Apple stock exceeds the entire market value of more than half the individual companies in the Standard & Poor’s 500 index — including individual companies such as Macy’s (M) and Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG).

What’s different this time is that there are serious questions about Apple’s once-vaunted quality standards this time. While consumers are used to Apple not being first — for instance following other phone makers with a larger screen — they like to think of Apple’s goods as perfect out of the gate. But suggestions that the iPhone 6 Plus can be bent by hand (or in the front pocket) and widespread reports of connectivity and battery woes caused by the update to the operating system, the popular theory of Apple’s products that they “just work” is under assault.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

LMAO and angry as hell.

I called Verizon support to learn, after downloading a gif and sound to my phone, how to save them to my phone so I could send both in a text message later. The person I talked to wasn't very well versed.

She continuously beat around the bush. I asked to speak to her supervisor, she hesitated, stalled and gave unreasonable reason as to why it wasn't possible to do.

I'm not one to go to a persons job and kick the shovel out of their hands so I said thank you, have a nice day and hung up.

What first gave me a clue that she had no clue, she said I googled it and couldn't find a answer. I asked my self, did I hear that right?

I'd talked to a tech earlier who was showing me how to, we were interrupted. He called me on my land line, I missed the call.

I hope those calls are listened to religiously. If they are this person will probably lose her job.

HTC ONE remix

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

But can you get one of these for an Android device?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
But can you get one of these for an Android device?

Did that drumstick come from Rodan? Maybe the "K" in KFC over there stands for Kaiju.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject:

LOL, now this is pretty funny regarding iPhone 6 bending.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LMAO and angry as hell.

I called Verizon support to learn, after downloading a gif and sound to my phone, how to save them to my phone so I could send both in a text message later. The person I talked to wasn't very well versed.

She continuously beat around the bush. I asked to speak to her supervisor, she hesitated, stalled and gave unreasonable reason as to why it wasn't possible to do.

I'm not one to go to a persons job and kick the shovel out of their hands so I said thank you, have a nice day and hung up.

What first gave me a clue that she had no clue, she said I googled it and couldn't find a answer. I asked my self, did I hear that right?

I'd talked to a tech earlier who was showing me how to, we were interrupted. He called me on my land line, I missed the call.

I hope those calls are listened to religiously. If they are this person will probably lose her job.

HTC ONE remix

As a former Verizon employee I can pretty much assure you that your call was NOT monitored. Also no one will lose their job over it. Getting fired from Verizon is as hard as getting fired from the gubmint.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject:

Pretty awesome. Weights of GGG and Rubio 30 days before the fight:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/golovkin-currently-at-165-rubio-is-174-5-262122

So, Rubio has to drop 14.5 pounds in 30 days, to make weight. Shows how much fighters go through, to make the weight that they fight at...well, unless you're Floyd and Manny fighting at a weight that is so close to your normal weight.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

Not a die hard fan of apple products but bendgate is way overblown. You can bend ANY metal phone. Putting your phone in your back pocket is a stupid thing to do anyway and I haven't even heard anyone comment on how hard the guy in the video was bending the phone. His face looked like he was about to (bleep) out a planet.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Pretty awesome. Weights of GGG and Rubio 30 days before the fight:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/golovkin-currently-at-165-rubio-is-174-5-262122

So, Rubio has to drop 14.5 pounds in 30 days, to make weight. Shows how much fighters go through, to make the weight that they fight at...well, unless you're Floyd and Manny fighting at a weight that is so close to your normal weight.

This has so much to do with phones!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Not a die hard fan of apple products but bendgate is way overblown. You can bend ANY metal phone. Putting your phone in your back pocket is a stupid thing to do anyway and I haven't even heard anyone comment on how hard the guy in the video was bending the phone. His face looked like he was about to (bleep) out a planet.

I'm still concerned nick. I have a htc One m7 which is all aluminum too and it has never bent in my pocket. I slammed it in my car door and that bent it slightly.

There's no way I could bend it with my hands as easily as that guy did in the video. Part of the difference though is my phone is a little smaller than a 6+ and it has a curved back (like an arch) which makes for a stronger structure.

Apple has tons of mechanical engingeers who should have seen this problem coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

I sit on my Galaxy most of the day for over a year. No bend yet.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: