Lakers Sign Ronnie Price
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject:

not a bad signing. a season vet PG played in the tough jerry sloan system. sure better than some unknown d-leaguers or rookie free agents.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Not really. The article doesn't mention guarantees. At this point of the season, at best, you get a partial guarantee and most commonly, a make-good contract for training camp.

Ding talked about Price being a insurance in case one of our PGs on the roster get hurt.... that doesn't sound like someone who's gonna fight for a spot in training-camp....

even if it's guaranteed it shouldn't really matter... he's probably gonna only be asked to defend and handle the ball.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Is this same Ronnie Price who played on the Jazz and said something along the lines of "I hate the Lakers", and "I can't stand that team"?

Was that Deron?

Both of 'em, actually:

Ronnie Price

Quote:
Q: How much of that final 17 minutes [of the Jazz's last Playoff game] was “Hey, you forgot about me and I’m proving to you what I could have brought?”

Ronnie Price: It was more ‘I hate the Lakers‘ and I wanted to…it was more about that. It had nothing to do with trying to prove a point to Coach or anything like that. I just like getting my name called and like being on the court and having a chance to compete, especially against a team I can’t stand.

"[/b]

let see how much back pedaling Ronnie is gonna do now that hes part of a family that he hates[/quote]

He doesn't need to backpedal, it is called competition.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Not really. The article doesn't mention guarantees. At this point of the season, at best, you get a partial guarantee and most commonly, a make-good contract for training camp.

Ding talked about Price being a insurance in case one of our PGs on the roster get hurt.... that doesn't sound like someone who's gonna fight for a spot in training-camp....

even if it's guaranteed it shouldn't really matter... he's probably gonna only be asked to defend and handle the ball.

Sure. But if it was guaranteed, I "guarantee" you that it would have come out as public information. And of course he is "backup," but right now it's Nash/Lin/Clarkson/Price. So theoretically Price is a luxury to have since we are 3 deep at the PG spot (albeit one old/injured and the other is young). I understand the rationale, but he's probably not on any guaranteed deal.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the Lakers didn't take his words to heart. That or they're desperate for anyone to add to the roster.

Dark Times indeed.
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Byron has talked about wanting to see if he can have a unit out there that could "muck it up." Price definitely fits that mold and can defend the length of the floor. I see him as a situational guy on this team.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Looks like the Lakers didn't take his words to heart. That or they're desperate for anyone to add to the roster.

Dark Times indeed.

What if, the Lakers want a 15th man roster... because they have a trade in place to bring in someone that will make a difference on our season? we shouldn't make assumptions based on how fans feel about who the Lakers sign..... when teams usually carry a 15th man roster that means they want flexibility for a trade down the road.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

Dark Times indeed.

They aren't as gullible as fans are.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Is this same Ronnie Price who played on the Jazz and said something along the lines of "I hate the Lakers", and "I can't stand that team"?

Was that Deron?

Both of 'em, actually:

Ronnie Price

Quote:
Q: How much of that final 17 minutes [of the Jazz's last Playoff game] was “Hey, you forgot about me and I’m proving to you what I could have brought?”

Ronnie Price: It was more ‘I hate the Lakers‘ and I wanted to…it was more about that. It had nothing to do with trying to prove a point to Coach or anything like that. I just like getting my name called and like being on the court and having a chance to compete, especially against a team I can’t stand.

"[/b]

let see how much back pedaling Ronnie is gonna do now that hes part of a family that he hates

He didn't mean the franchise.

He meant the team, at the time. It's different now. We were a lion before. Now we're a pussycat.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

He meant the team, at the time. It's different now. We were a lion before. Now we're a pussycat.

You sure.. love attacking the team when you have the chance..... nice fan you are
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

L.A.M.B wrote:
wow....with michael beasley available and our weakest area being small forward, we go ahead and sign ronnie price and wayne ellington. dont get me wrong, theyre not bad acquisitions. but the upside of signing beasley would have been far greater. sucks.

Why are we crying about Beasly! This guy, no matter how talented he is, can not seem to stick on a team. There are obviously things about him that teams seem to not care about how talented he is, he ain't worth the trouble. Let's Not ignore the signs. We don't need that type of player on this roster.
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
cmonkee wrote:

Was that Deron?

Both of 'em, actually:

Ronnie Price

Quote:

"[/b]

let see how much back pedaling Ronnie is gonna do now that hes part of a family that he hates

Jim Buss's fault!!!!! E$IYR%*$#&%)#!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

You sure.. love attacking the team when you have the chance..... nice fan you are

What are you talking about? I said we were a lion.

You think attacking is because I don't say we're going to win the West every season ad nauseum like you do?

I've already said it before -- this year isn't about wins/losses. This isn't a contender no matter how hard you jump up and down and give me silly reasons as to why they are. It's a building year. It's a look at who is going to be a part of the bigger picture. That's it. Stop making it out to be more than it is.
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

you noticed that too? this guys is a celtic fan in disguise.....guaranteed.
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

You think attacking is because I don't say we're going to win the West every season ad nauseum like you do?

I've already said it before -- this year isn't about wins/losses. This isn't a contender no matter how hard you jump up and down and give me silly reasons as to why they are. It's a building year. It's a look at who is going to be a part of the bigger picture. That's it. Stop making it out to be more than it is.

don't matter how you try to spin it, you're a bad fan...you're supposed to look at things optimistically/cup half full. not saying to be unrealistic and say stuff like "we're winning it all this year, yay!!!"...but you clearly go out of your way to talk down on the team. can you imagine if byron scott went on the podium and said "we were lions...now were pussycats!". the answer is no, because it would never happen. as a laker fan, you should treat the organization as if u were part of it. thats what separates us from fans of other teams ala the knicks. a good fan doesnt trash his team at any given opportunity the way you've been doing since you started posting here. youre stuck in a negative cycle, you attract bad karma for our fanbase, and if every player on the lakers shared your line of thinking, we'd be doomed...SO STOP PUTTING THAT OUT THERE.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

What kick, do you exactly get out of repeating the "building year" phrase every chance you get when a thread is created... does it make you feel good ? You have said that multiple times now.,, we get it.... you are not thinking like a fan.. you are thinking like a albert einstein... so when the lakers do go through a down period... you can just typically in your fashion. say i told you so.
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
L.A.M.B wrote:
wow....with michael beasley available and our weakest area being small forward, we go ahead and sign ronnie price and wayne ellington. dont get me wrong, theyre not bad acquisitions. but the upside of signing beasley would have been far greater. sucks.

Why are we crying about Beasly! This guy, no matter how talented he is, can not seem to stick on a team. There are obviously things about him that teams seem to not care about how talented he is, he ain't worth the trouble. Let's Not ignore the signs. We don't need that type of player on this roster.

because beasley's talent is undeniable, and i feel like under the right circumstances, he would put it together...i dont think playing for the suns, wolves, or under lebron qualifies as "the right circumstance"...i really felt that byron scott and kobe would get him in check and that he'd be a solid contributor to the team if we signed him. apparently, the ones in charge felt differently. but theres no denying that the upside of signing beasley was much higher than ronnie price or wayne ellington.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

why did we sign this douche
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject:

^who is the girl your avatar with the pretty mouth?
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Is this the same Ronnie Price that absolutely murdered Carlos Boozer on a dunk?

Could be drama brewing in practice!

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

when does his jersey become available?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

L.A.M.B wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

don't matter how you try to spin it, you're a bad fan...you're supposed to look at things optimistically/cup half full. not saying to be unrealistic and say stuff like "we're winning it all this year, yay!!!"...but you clearly go out of your way to talk down on the team. can you imagine if byron scott went on the podium and said "we were lions...now were pussycats!". the answer is no, because it would never happen. as a laker fan, you should treat the organization as if u were part of it. thats what separates us from fans of other teams ala the knicks. a good fan doesnt trash his team at any given opportunity the way you've been doing since you started posting here. youre stuck in a negative cycle, you attract bad karma for our fanbase, and if every player on the lakers shared your line of thinking, we'd be doomed...SO STOP PUTTING THAT OUT THERE.

I think I'm just even keel and it bothers you that I don't own pom-poms. Sorry, I just don't. I like to analyze things. I like to look at things realistically.

You're one of the Laker girls and I'm Mitch Kupchak. That's not a knock by the way -- we're all part of the Laker family. The cheerleaders are still dancing and waving and smiling and happy when we're down 20. Mitch has his arms folded, staring at the court, thinking about his next move. That's just more who I am. That's all.

It's not a negative or positive thing. It's what it is. Randle represents tremendous upside for this team. Clarkson too. Nash not so much. It's not negative to say Nash has no upside in my assessment, he just doesn't.
LADYNASTY
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject:

L.A.M.B wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That does not make you a better fan. I don't have to be fed garbage and tell the cook, "yum, keep it coming!". You can be as optimistic as you'd like. Whatever gets you through the season. Others aren't too keen on the decisions this team has made the last few years from a roster stand-point and that skepticism carries into the season. Fans can be critical of a team they love. Being optimistic isn't what separates us from other NBA fans. Expectations is what separates Lakers fans from most other fan bases.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Not a bad signing. Another veteran presence that could help Clarkson and Lin develop their PG skills/defense. Price will provide intense challenge in scrimmage practice at PG position that Nash(injuries, rest etc) might not provide to Clarkson and Lin. A better defender than Lin?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

signing Price so they have another guard when they move Nash's contract before the trade deadline. Maybe if Nash is actually playing ok, we'll get something decent for him like maybe a 2nd rounder?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: