Muslim convert beheads woman; armed COO stops him from a massacre
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
So this UPS guy got fired....came in today and went postal and killed two people in his office. It was in Alabama, dude was white, and most likely a Christian.

The media didn't report anything about his religion though.

There will be about 15,000 people murdered in the US this year.
About 3/4 homicides will be from guns, about 1/10 by knives and damn few will be by decapitation in a way similar to ISIL.

Murder is not the story, radical terrorism is.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Kobe>Lebron wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
So this UPS guy got fired....came in today and went postal and killed two people in his office. It was in Alabama, dude was white, and most likely a Christian.

Pretty convenient assumptions here. Just assume the guy is a christian because he is white. He might be an atheist like 80% of the posters in here. We cant ignore the fact that radical Islam is cutting peoples heads off.

Or that capitalism run rampant is causing deaths thousands of deaths around the World and threatening to make our planet uninhabitable. Just for starters. Beheading is sensationalism to be sure and it is torture. But our hands aren't clean and never have been and we have been guilty of some of the worst atrocities against humans ever. Jingoism is a wonderful thing though.

Are you telling me that there's a very low chance ISIS will invade the Pacific Northwest, which is where I live, in order to behead me and my neighbors? But Lindsey Graham says otherwise. I'm sorry, but you have credibility issues on this one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Kobe>Lebron wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Pretty convenient assumptions here. Just assume the guy is a christian because he is white. He might be an atheist like 80% of the posters in here. We cant ignore the fact that radical Islam is cutting peoples heads off.

Or that capitalism run rampant is causing deaths thousands of deaths around the World and threatening to make our planet uninhabitable. Just for starters. Beheading is sensationalism to be sure and it is torture. But our hands aren't clean and never have been and we have been guilty of some of the worst atrocities against humans ever. Jingoism is a wonderful thing though.

Are you telling me that there's a very low chance ISIS will invade the Pacific Northwest, which is where I live, in order to behead me and my neighbors? But Lindsey Graham says otherwise. I'm sorry, but you have credibility issues on this one.

Are you talking about the same Senator Graham who wants to send ground troops to fight ISIS? Do you have a link to him saying that?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

About 3/4 homicides will be from guns, about 1/10 by knives and damn few will be by decapitation in a way similar to ISIL.

What I glean from kray is, when Muslim's are cited their religion is always identified even if it's for a bank robbery. When Catholics, Christians, Buddhist etc. are cited why aren't their religons identified?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Probably because he didn't cut off someone's head with a knife.

Yeah, that tends to get noticed, even moreso now because the act has been a focus of world news.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

What I glean from kray is, when Muslim's are cited their religion is always identified even if it's for a bank robbery. When Catholics, Christians, Buddhist etc. are cited why aren't their religons identified?

For kicks what religion was your favorite cannibal Jeff Dahmler?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Kobe>Lebron wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Are you talking about the same Senator Graham who wants to send ground troops to fight ISIS? Do you have a link to him saying that?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-graham-obama-must-stop-isis-before-we-all-get-killed-here-at-home/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Kobe>Lebron wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-graham-obama-must-stop-isis-before-we-all-get-killed-here-at-home/

Quote:
Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has been warning for months of an ISIS attack on the homeland that would make 9/11 pale, but he appeared to ratchet up the rhetoric Sunday morning when he told Fox News Sunday guest host John Roberts that President Barack Obama needed to stop ISIS/L “before we all get killed here at home.”

Quote:
There is no way in hell you can form an army on the ground to go into Syria, to destroy ISIL, without a substantial American component.

Thank you Wilt.

Please don't take offense, this is not aimed at you personally.

That's the biggest crock of ish I've read in some time. It's the kind of scare tactics politics that those who spout it should be ashamed of themselves for.

It shameful how far some politicians will go to push their agenda. Troops can't stop an idea. If you kill 100 members of ISIS 200 will take their place. The thing we can do as a government is support facets in the country that want to stamp out the blight. Sending our youth is not the way.

This is how you fight ISIS

3 More Countries Join the Coalition Against ISIS

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Kobe>Lebron wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Quote:
Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has been warning for months of an ISIS attack on the homeland that would make 9/11 pale, but he appeared to ratchet up the rhetoric Sunday morning when he told Fox News Sunday guest host John Roberts that President Barack Obama needed to stop ISIS/L “before we all get killed here at home.”

Thank you Wilt.

Please don't take offense, this is not aimed at you personally.

That's the biggest crock of ish I've read in some time. It's the kind of scare tactics politics that those who spout it should be ashamed of themselves for.

It shameful how far some politicians will go to push their agenda. Troops can't stop an idea. If you kill 100 members of ISIS 200 will take their place. The thing we can do as a government is support facets in the country that want to stamp out the blight. Sending our youth is not the way.

3 More Countries Join the Coalition Against ISIS

This is how you fight ISIS

I was being sarcastic above. I think Graham is full of (bleep).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Quote:
I was being sarcastic above. I think Graham is full of (bleep).

Man, you shocked me. I was about to lose a lot of respect for your posts, posts I have always thought came from a intelligent source. You got me.

K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject:

Notice when white people commit mass murder, we get their life story, full examination of the things that might have motivated them, and then deep meditations into why this might have happened.

When non-whites commit such acts, you don't get that type of empathy or search for understanding. The are quickly labeled and then demonized.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

For kicks what religion was your favorite cannibal Jeff Dahmler?

Atheism

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

Kobe>Lebron wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

How many people killed in the name of Communism? Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Kim Il Sung the list goes on.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

Bottom line is: Humans tend to treat each other like (bleep), no matter where you come from or what you believe.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Bottom line is: Humans tend to treat each other like (bleep), no matter where you come from or what you believe.

QFT

oddjohn
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject:

Until a city lays in ruins from a dirty bomb or hundreds of thousands perish from a bio attack, people will never understand what we are up against. political correctness will kill us, trying to behave civilized among barbaric men is a exercises in futility. this so called was on isis or what ever brand you choose is really a war on islam. and the peaceful Muslims have had their religion hijacked. the answer is two fold. 1.good Muslims convert, 2. a crusade against islam begins. till this happens be prepared for possible mass destruction. you have a choice people, chose wisely.
oddjohn
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject:

Until a city lays in ruins from a dirty bomb or hundreds of thousands perish from a bio attack, people will never understand what we are up against. political correctness will kill us, trying to behave civilized among barbaric men is a exercises in futility. this so called was on isis or what ever brand you choose is really a war on islam. and the peaceful Muslims have had their religion hijacked. the answer is two fold. 1.good Muslims convert, 2. a crusade against islam begins. till this happens be prepared for possible mass destruction. you have a choice people, chose wisely.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

oddjohn wrote:

Am I uderstanding you? I glean you're advocating good Muslims should abandon their religion and other religions make efforts to change Islam.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That same type of rhetoric was used towards the Commies over the decades, but especially in the 50s. They're gonna be at our front door soon! Events showed later that it was primarily in the US's interest to destroy, contain or limit it in our hemisphere, as with Cuba, to prevent the threat of a crony of the USSR receiving military aid or worse, what happened in 1962 (which was the most extreme possibility even though it actually happened). Then, try to diminish the threat elsewhere with methods other than overt military intervention. Trying to stamp it out in dank jungles halfway across the globe is what got us into trouble. Bears mentioning that John F. Kennedy was cautious and constantly sought advice, opinion, and information. Those tendencies of JFK in addition to a great intellect made him wiser than most on the international sphere and that saved the lives of hundreds of thousands. Imagine if Nixon or Lyndon Johnson were in his place. Difference between LBJ and JFK is that while Lyndon was extremely talented and forceful on the domestic sphere, which is not a common trait in Presidents, he allowed himself to get suckered into an intractable war in Vietnam based on the overselling of the Communist threat to us HERE. Bluster from his military advisers and senators, same kind that Kennedy learned to ignore after he was made the goat in the Bay Of Pigs incident. That lack of caution ruined Johnson's domestic agenda and turned him into the most tragic President that wasn't assassinated.

While I think ISIS is a group that needs to be softened up as much as possible, I'm not even sold on the notion that boots on the ground are needed. Perhaps black ops troops and I'm sure they're already being used. There is a moral argument in this campaign even if there are also security concerns trumping that and making air campaigns and the destruction of their materiel (well, ours that they stole from us) important as well. I think the argument that not being nearly forceful enough with Usama and Al Qaeda for 8 years brought us to 9/11 is valid, but this ISIS threat is so new and seemingly ever changing that sending in a battalion this soon would be unwarranted.

The bigger part of this cluster,f probably has to do with our government's concerns over the stability of the entire region and if they weren't feeling the heat too, it's highly unlikely we would've received basing rights or the simple approval of all these Muslim nations to be there at all. Of course, our one "homie" government over there, Saudi Arabia, feels threatened so we have to whisk to their aid in a hurry. The thing is, the Middle East is far from optimal from the US govt's POV already and they want to do anything to maintain its (im)balance pre-ISIS even if they can't improve our standings within the region. No matter what we do, that won't happen, even if the gov't never learns that lesson. This isn't a war to stop lone wolf Muslims from cutting off the heads of Midwestern church grandmas. There's no other real way to sell it to the public other than to sell fear. The public can't handle the truth and wouldn't approve of sending any of our military over there in the vain of preserving stability or helping allies and what not.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Surprised the guy still lived. I don't think Oklahoma has a 10 round limit. I would have emptied the mag.

I would've shot him with pork bullets and then shoved a few pages from the torah up his butt.

I bet you got beat up a lot at school..

Bleep of bleep.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Quote:
Mohammed said Nolen had attended services where sermons were delivered condemning such attacks.
"In no way, shape or form did he represent Islam in this foolish act," Mohammed said.

He was a radical nut job. He probably watched YouTube videos to get his fix.

Aaah, youtube, speaking of, ive got video's to watch.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/29/my-son-was-a-good-kid-mother-of-oklahoma-city-workplace-beheading-suspect/20969115/?icid=maing-grid7%7Clegacy%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D537420

'My son was a good kid': Mother of workplace beheading suspect speaks out

Alton Nolen's criminal record is evidence he was indeed a violent person. It's classic my son is not like that syndrome. His mother and sister are also classic examples of denial.

Condolences to the surviving victim, her family and the families of the deceased.

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

Religion is the greatest cop out for bad people.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Surprised the guy still lived. I don't think Oklahoma has a 10 round limit. I would have emptied the mag.

I would've shot him with pork bullets and then shoved a few pages from the torah up his butt.

I bet you got beat up a lot at school..

Bleep of bleep.

lmao you so crazy

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject:

A Brief History of Beheadings, from today's LA Times.

Apparently, it is part of the story of Thanksgiving that's been forgotten.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: