2014 MLB Playoff thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Stupid baseball man.

So the Cardinals can beat Clayton Kershaw (who was having possibly the greatest season in recent history) TWICE in a span of 5 days, yet they can't beat the Giants.

Un-freakin-believable.

Hopefully the Royals can take care of business and this misery train of a postseason can finally end.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject:

GO KC!!!!!!

Kiss my Converse.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The KC train keeps rolling!

All aboard! I hope KC lays waste to the "classy" Cards or the Gnats.

Ha..the bitterness of those that have been vanquished. ......makes me tingle! !!

You will have a whole off-season to tingle now. Too bad you guys couldn't get Dale Scott to "umpire" some games vs. the Giants!

Enjoy the World Series.

The thing is, we can lose with dignity. ...not with all the WHINING that's been going on on these boards. ..btw Scott called bad pitches on both sides....one team overcame it one didn't.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject:

Wow what a game! Hats off the matheny, class act man. He stay in the dugout till the very bitter end to tip his cap to Bochy.

I had more confidence in 2010 and 2012 against the rangers and tigers. Against KC not too much cuz they resembled that 2010 giants team. Gonna be a tough series.

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Ha..the bitterness of those that have been vanquished. ......makes me tingle! !!

You will have a whole off-season to tingle now. Too bad you guys couldn't get Dale Scott to "umpire" some games vs. the Giants!

Enjoy the World Series.

The thing is, we can lose with dignity. ...not with all the WHINING that's been going on on these boards. ..btw Scott called bad pitches on both sides....one team overcame it one didn't.

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

Losing with dignity: The Cardinal Way
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
The thing is, we can lose with dignity.

If you're talking about the actual players and organization, then yes, they can lose with dignity. The fans? You gotta be kidding me. You must think your farts don't stink that far up on your high horse. All fans say stupid stuff after their teams lose. Don't think Cardinal fans are any better. In fact, they've shown to be pretty darn ugly at times. Just ask Kolten Wong.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:

If you're talking about the actual players and organization, then yes, they can lose with dignity. The fans? You gotta be kidding me. You must think your farts don't stink that far up on your high horse. All fans say stupid stuff after their teams lose. Don't think Cardinal fans are any better. In fact, they've shown to be pretty darn ugly at times. Just ask Kolten Wong.

Cardinal Fan is much "classier" when they win, very similar to Tom Brady.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Losing with dignity: The Cardinal Way

Yep.....as opposed to losing and whining for a season and a half. ....but I guess 1988 is a LONG time ago!
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:

Cardinal fans weren't calling for the pitchers to throw at any of the Giant's players while they were losing. I've seen a lot of dodger fans calling for dodger pitchers to throw at cardinal hitters while the dodgers were losing.

I'm fine with the cardinals losing because we got far, and there were memorable performances by our players. The Cardinals problems are definable and I believe fixable so that they can compete again next season, I think the same is true for the Dodgers so I don't think there is any reason for either team to be bitter.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Enjoy the World Series.

Yup. The Cardinals are a classy organization; it's no surprise that they've been an successful as they have been with such great executives, players, and especially fans. They'll definitely win another Cup within the next few seasons.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Enjoy the World Series.

Yup. The Cardinals are a classy organization; it's no surprise that they've been an successful as they have been with such great executives, players, and especially fans. They'll definitely win another Cup within the next few seasons.

Yep...once again you're correct. ..a Cup..pull...uh....World Series Championships!!....Hey...thanks for playing. ..but no prizes for you!
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Looks like KC better send somebody to go tŕy to dig up Don Denkinger
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Giants making easy work of the Royals.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Man, even the line drives hit the Giants pitcher's mitt....some teams have all the October luck.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Man, even the line drives hit the Giants pitcher's mitt....some teams have all the October luck.

Another line drive caught...

I'm not sure I'll be able to stand another Giants WS win....

Kiss my Converse.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

wow. Horrible time to be a Doyer fan. It used to be fun to talk (bleep) about the Giants not winning squat since coming to SF. Now? Ugh, it's been hard to keep my mouth shut for the last 5 years. Gotta give credit though.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:

Cardinal fans weren't calling for the pitchers to throw at any of the Giant's players while they were losing. I've seen a lot of dodger fans calling for dodger pitchers to throw at cardinal hitters while the dodgers were losing.

I'm fine with the cardinals losing because we got far, and there were memorable performances by our players. The Cardinals problems are definable and I believe fixable so that they can compete again next season, I think the same is true for the Dodgers so I don't think there is any reason for either team to be bitter.

Yet the classy Cardinals beaned Dodger batters in Game 1 of both of the last two years series.

I know, I know...both were accidents just like Rosenthal "accidently" got hurt when he couldn't get the ball over the plate and managed to get a bunch of free warm up pitches in the middle of the inning while he miraculously healed.

(bleep) the Cardinals and their classy hypocrite fans. And (bleep) Joe Buck too.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:

Think real hard why this might be.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:

Yet the classy Cardinals beaned Dodger batters in Game 1 of both of the last two years series.

I know, I know...both were accidents just like Rosenthal "accidently" got hurt when he couldn't get the ball over the plate and managed to get a bunch of free warm up pitches in the middle of the inning while he miraculously healed.

(bleep) the Cardinals and their classy hypocrite fans. And (bleep) Joe Buck too.

Wow....you STILL crying??.......go have a popcicle...lol
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject:

KC's had guys on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, next 2 batters.....strike out. ugh
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Figures, that KC's luck would run out sooner or later. These guys made teams pay in the previous series once they got men on base but the Giants seem to be able to stop them from scoring at all.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
KC's had guys on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, next 2 batters.....strike out. ugh

Pathetic.

Giants will probably score 2+ runs with a two out rally next inning
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

wow. Horrible time to be a Doyer fan. It used to be fun to talk (bleep) about the Giants not winning squat since coming to SF. Now? Ugh, it's been hard to keep my mouth shut for the last 5 years. Gotta give credit though.

I give credit to Bochy. He's taken his Giants to 3 World Series in the last 4 years with rosters that I'd deem to be relatively mediocre. He's gotten the most out his players and they all seem to overachieve. Imagine BB managing our Dodgers. We'd be singing a different tune right now.

Kiss my Converse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Giants pouring it on now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 9 of 18
Jump to: