Everyone is getting Skinny
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
don't the players also lose some 20 lbs or so (or 150 if you're shaq) over the course of the season?

Very few players are able to add muscle mass in the off-season and keep it on over the course of the season. There just isn't time for the amount of weight training necessary to keep it on. There are some guys like Karl Malone who had insanely dedicated weight workouts that managed to stay bulky and not get too slow to play their game.

I question how guys like Lebron and Carmelo have managed to keep that weight on during the season. As far as how they lost it, I'm guessing it's a big change in what they are ingesting rather than suddenly dropping the 2+ hours/day they were secretly spending in the weight room.

As for Kobe, he's naturally a skinny guy, but he put a lot of effort bulking up one season and managed to keep it for that season. He has been known for putting the time in weight rooms that would allow him to do so. I believe his reasons for dropping it were largely due to injury prevention and recovery. Maybe that's why all these guys are doing it now.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I always wondered what the league would be like if there were no PED/Steroid limitations.

The players could juice up as much as they wanted, they are playing for Mega contracts so the decision is theirs.

Imagine Shaq or Wilt on roids bringing down the basket supports. Dominique or Lebron on PEDs with 60 inch verticals! Westbrook or Rose at super speed!

It would be like watching the Alien guys on Space Jam....lol
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I always wondered what the league would be like if there were no PED/Steroid limitations.

The players could juice up as much as they wanted, they are playing for Mega contracts so the decision is theirs.

Imagine Shaq or Wilt on roids bringing down the basket supports. Dominique or Lebron on PEDs with 60 inch verticals! Westbrook or Rose at super speed!

It would be like watching the Alien guys on Space Jam....lol

I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq and Wilt did take steroids.

Wilt was friends with Arnold. At the time, people didn't know too much about the dangers associated with steroid abuse.

And Shaq... well, he was just so huge and muscular that if we found out he used steroids the world would at least make sense.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
lost 15lbs last 2 months going low carb like LeBron , works great

I dont buy that Lebron lost weight going low carb because he was already pretty ripped. He obviously lost muscle. Why would an athlete try to lose muscle mass when it is such an important part of their game? If Lebron went low carb but maintained proper protein intake he would not have lost muscle mass.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

Kobe>Lebron wrote:
oliverginob wrote:
lost 15lbs last 2 months going low carb like LeBron , works great

I dont buy that Lebron lost weight going low carb because he was already pretty ripped. He obviously lost muscle. Why would an athlete try to lose muscle mass when it is such an important part of their game? If Lebron went low carb but maintained proper protein intake he would not have lost muscle mass.

he said that the weight is back now, he wanted to see if he could lose weight so that he could do it later in his career when his athleticism goes away
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Is there increased Performance Enhancing Drug testing this season?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Is there increased Performance Enhancing Drug testing this season?

I think HGH.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject:

personally I don't care who uses performance enhancing drugs because as long as everyone uses it than everyone is playing on an even playing field. It sucks for all those highschool and college stars who could never make it in the NBA but at least they would know why. Kobe would be the first name to go down if these reports came out....everyone knows the media has never liked kobe. As a matter of fact he's been fouled at a red icloud rate in his career with no calls. Then there are players like harden. Lebron is obviously safe. Durant is obviously not on anything lol Kobe's going down. Mark my words! Let's hope nothing comes out about this
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't be surprised if they took back all five of his rings and all five of the trophies at el segundo. They way the NBA has treated L.A lately it would be no surprise.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Even if say Lebron or Kobe were using PEDs, I doubt the NBA would let that information come out. These are the faces of the NBA. Sure, a Turkologu or Rashard Lewis here and there, but never the top stars. It's in their own self-interest (NBA) not to have that leaked.

Only it would destroy the current league management if they didn't and it later leaked out.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
defense wrote:
I would bet money that most of them were taking HGH

That's where my money's at too. Look, I workout almost everyday and there's no way you lose all that muscle and weight in less than 2 months by not eating bread. It's just ridiculous!!!

Me too....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: