Lakers Training Camp
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Joker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Lakers Training Camp

Starts today! Looking forward to some videos and practices.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

Tons of pics being put out by the Lakers twitter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

yes post vine youtube whatever i want to see some practice videos
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
yes post vine youtube whatever i want to see some practice videos

https://twitter.com/Lakers
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I think Byron just had his first practice casualty:

http://instagram.com/p/tlWwlPpDf5/

!...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
I think Byron just had his first practice casualty:

http://instagram.com/p/tlWwlPpDf5/

Just because he pulled his hammy after Riley worked his butt off...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakers just put up 3 vines from practice on twitter

And I can't view any of it from my work comp LOL

Gonna go outside and check from the phone on my break.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, what i thought it was going to happen is happening already. B-Scott is a coach directly sent from the 80's. well...i wish him and the players luck. I dont dig this outdated methods at all, cause i dont believe in their efficiency

Last edited by Fruscas on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Yeah, what i thought it was going to happen is happening already. B-Scott is a coach directly sent from the 80's. well...i wish him and the players luck. I dont dig this outdated methods at all, cause i dont believe in their effiency

Are you trying to say his coaching method is outdated from the 80's?
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Yeah, what i thought it was going to happen is happening already. B-Scott is a coach directly sent from the 80's. well...i wish him and the players luck. I dont dig this outdated methods at all, cause i dont believe in their effiency

Are you trying to say his coaching method is outdated from the 80's?

no, if we were in the 80's they would not be outdated. today they are
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Why I do feel like this is a complete culture change for our team? I mean to be out there running suicides and simple drills has got to be pretty humbling for a lot of these guys. I'm sure many of them haven't had a team practice where they just do fundamentals and defense in a while.

It feels like we're watching the practice montage in one of those great sports movies like Remember the Titans or something LOL.

I gotta say it kinda feels good. I hope the team bonds over this and gels into squad that just outworks teams for Ws
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Yeah, what i thought it was going to happen is happening already. B-Scott is a coach directly sent from the 80's. well...i wish him and the players luck. I dont dig this outdated methods at all, cause i dont believe in their efficiency

What part of the practice did you see that was from the 80's? Every team runs suicides. Thats a basic part of basketball conditioning.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Why I do feel like this is a complete culture change for our team? I mean to be out there running suicides and simple drills has got to be pretty humbling for a lot of these guys. I'm sure many of them haven't had a team practice where they just do fundamentals and defense in a while.

It feels like we're watching the practice montage in one of those great sports movies like Remember the Titans or something LOL.

I gotta say it kinda feels good. I hope the team bonds over this and gels into squad that just outworks teams for Ws

Wonder if Nash Kobe and boozer get to sit out as vets?
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Spurs always run defensive drills in practice
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

What part of the practice did you see that was from the 80's? Every team runs suicides. Thats a basic part of basketball conditioning.

Right.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Wonder if Nash Kobe and boozer get to sit out as vets?

On Kobe:
Lakers wrote:
Byron on Kobe: “He looked good & said he felt great but I told him ”shut it down, we got another (practice) tomorrow.“

On Nash:
Mike Trudell wrote:
Hearing Steve Nash looked as good in today's first practice as we'd been hearing he has looked for the past several weeks.

On Team:
Lakers wrote:
Byron said normally his 1st drill is a 20-25 min drill but cut it short today because guys were in such good shape, no need to punish them.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Getting back to basics.

!...
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Right.

Yeah, so go and watch footage from all the best coaches in the world, Mourinho, Guardiola, Phil Jackson, Popovich and tell me how much running outside of a warmup light run, they put in their training sessions. It's an outdated method of practice for all coaches that are about modern coaching techniques, in most of the sports.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Right.

Yeah, so go and watch footage from all the best coaches in the world, Mourinho, Guardiola, Phil Jackson, Popovich and tell me how much running outside of a warmup light run, they put in their training sessions. It's an outdated method of practice for all coaches that are about modern coaching techniques, in most of the sports.

I would agree for the most part ONLY because these athletes are training their asses off during the off season to come into training camp in shape and ready to play. But nothing helps a team come together than everyone dying after doing some conditioning and laughing about it afterwards. If they are doing their jobs these condition drills aren't a big deal.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Right.

So what's the problem with these sort of drills?
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Right.

I'm guessing that it takes away from the time that could be better spent developing team chemistry on the court and more specific basketball drills. It's like if an NFL coach brought the players into the weight room to do a strength workout.....stuff that could be done on their own time during the off-season. Not to mention risk of injury especially to the older players.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one worried Scott's going to overwork them like Brown did in practices....which results in tired players on the court and injuries.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Conditioning (or over conditioning) does nothing for the presumed 3 starters in Nash Kobe and boozer. But I guess Scott is a Riley disciple.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Right.

I'm guessing the time could be better spent developing basketball skills and building court chemistry. It's like if an NFL coach brought the players into the weight room to do a strength workout.....stuff that could be done on their own during the off-season.

Exactly. Also, the players dont like to do these kind of grinding drills, so, it usually is not good to the players morale and relationship with the coach. But yeah, basically you are wasting time, pissing off the players and eventually putting unnecessary hurdles on their training, when you should be focusing on offensive and defensive schemes, technique and skill.

All of the basketball drills contain some sort of running and condition exercises in their essence. So, you can improve conditioning by telling the players to do some catch and shoot drills, dribbling drills, post moves drills, one on ones and so on...

I hate to run just for the sake of it, but if you tell me 'you gotta run in order to catch that ball before the other guy does it' i will be more motivated to do it, and i will be running without feeling bummed out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I don't think those 3 had to run quite as much. We know for sure he sat down Kobe. Probably did the same for Nash, and likely boozer.

I think B. Scott ran practice like this not only for conditioning but to send a message that he's in charge now and things are changing in lakerland
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30
Jump to: