Lakers Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject:

Did everyone miss Jabari Brown, the leading scorer on Clarkson's team last year? I had to hear Scott call his 1st name before I knew who he was and then I started watching him. Reggie Millar and Rick Fox never mentioned him. First, he made a Goudelock type 1 handed runner from above the free throw line with such ease that even Nick Young raised an eyebrow. Next, during the 3 team practice, he teamed with Sacre, Lin, and ??? and they won several games where he was nailing outside shots. After that I noticed he's one of the best shooters out there, he creates, and drives into the paint. I hope he plays tomorrow.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject:

I feel tired already watching them practice
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject:

Speaking of Jabari Brown,in the last play of this video he posterize Julius Randle.

I wonder why no team drafted him. He seems decent enough to be a good bench player. He also has decent stats in his last season for his college team.

He shot 47 fg% on 19 ppg and shot 41 fg% on 3pt.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Did everyone miss Jabari Brown, the leading scorer on Clarkson's team last year? I had to hear Scott call his 1st name before I knew who he was and then I started watching him. Reggie Millar and Rick Fox never mentioned him. First, he made a Goudelock type 1 handed runner from above the free throw line with such ease that even Nick Young raised an eyebrow. Next, during the 3 team practice, he teamed with Sacre, Lin, and ??? and they won several games where he was nailing outside shots. After that I noticed he's one of the best shooters out there, he creates, and drives into the paint. I hope he plays tomorrow.

Yeah it's weird no one is talking about him. He seems like a natural scorer and with young injured we need that. I hope if he is the real deal he gets good minutes to prove himself in the preseason.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
I feel tired already watching them practice

I'm still sore too.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
Speaking of Jabari Brown,in the last play of this video he posterize Julius Randle.

I wonder why no team drafted him. He seems decent enough to be a good bench player. He also has decent stats in his last season for his college team.

After watching practice I'd pick him over Price. He can shoot and score while Price doesn't shoot well.

IIRC he had a poor assist to turnover ratio (Clarkson did too) but I wouldn't let that scare me away because decision making can be trained, unlike his natural scoring ability.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

not one word about the Lakers in here. I see other top teams mentioned, the Spurs, OKC, GS, but, just say'in, the Lakers don't appear to be connected with another trend in the NBA.

New biometric tests invade the NBA
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11629773/new-nba-biological-testing-less-michael-lewis-more-george-orwell
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

After watching practice I'd pick him over Price. He can shoot and score while Price doesn't shoot well.

IIRC he had a poor assist to turnover ratio (Clarkson did too) but I wouldn't let that scare me away because decision making can be trained, unlike his natural scoring ability.

I'll take price D over Jabari. With Kobe Lin clarkson young x we got enough offensive guards need d
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

I'll take price D over Jabari. With Kobe Lin clarkson young x we got enough offensive guards need d

lol since when has wes and lin been known as offensive options? And with Nick Young injured we need scoring more than ever. It should be a no brainer to pick jabari over price tbh.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

I haven't seen the latest practice videos...How is Jeremy Tyler doing so far?

Is he having a good enough camp to make the team? I like his potential.

If he is not going to make the team due to politics or some other dumb reason I hope he is not playing well....it would suck if he is playing well and he doesn't make the team just because of some silly reason like they need an 8th point guard or something like that.

If he has potential they should develop him for the future....but if he sucks, cut him loose.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

It's kind of like last season when they had Marcus Landry on the preseason team. At first I was rooting for him but when he played so poorly, I didn't mind that he got cut.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

From what I've seen Tyler has looked pretty good. Even has a nice 15-20 footer.

If he plays well in pre-season then I would consider buying out Sacre for him lol.

I think the Lakers will have a tough choice between Price, Ellington, and Tyler
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

From what little footage I have seen of Tyler he looks big and athletic.

Could he potentially be a D'Andre Jordan or McGee type player?

You know, rebounder, rim protector type?

You all say that D'Andre Jordan and McGee aren't the brightest players....at least it looks like Jeremy Tyler has a decent shooting stroke.

He's still young....Does he have more upside than Sacre?

Put together a good package including Sacre to get a good SF....and develop Tyler.....especially if Ed Davis and/or Jordan Hill have good seasons.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:

You all say that D'Andre Jordan and McGee aren't the brightest players....at least it looks like Jeremy Tyler has a decent shooting stroke.

Put together a good package including Sacre to get a good SF....and develop Tyler.....especially if Ed Davis and/or Jordan Hill have good seasons.

His problem hasn't been physical. It's mental. He should have probably gone to college and his NBA trajectory probably is far different. But he went pro his senior year in high school, had maturity issues overseas (which was probably inevitable). Then he came back to the NBA but wasn't a top pick (2nd round?).
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

Hey guys...new to the forum. Looking forward to seeing the boys in action tonight. NBATV is showing the game!
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

His problem hasn't been physical. It's mental. He should have probably gone to college and his NBA trajectory probably is far different. But he went pro his senior year in high school, had maturity issues overseas (which was probably inevitable). Then he came back to the NBA but wasn't a top pick (2nd round?).

The interesting thing to me when people talk about maturity issues is when I think about how people thought ABynum was so smart and mature when he first got drafted....all this talk about how he liked physics and builds computers, etc...then he turned into a douche bag....he regressed.

Jeremy Tyler was immature at 18 years old for a reason...he was fricking 18 years old! As long as he's not a pot head or alcoholic.....He still has time to mature....

I just imagine someone like him with the benefits of learning from Kobe and maybe Kareem....I hope they give him a chance....as long as he isn't just plain stupid.

Or maybe they could sign Garnett next year and have him be like a mentor to him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

The interesting thing to me when people talk about maturity issues is when I think about how people thought ABynum was so smart and mature when he first got drafted....all this talk about how he liked physics and builds computers, etc...then he turned into a douche bag....he regressed.

Jeremy Tyler was immature at 18 years old for a reason...he was fricking 18 years old! As long as he's not a pot head or alcoholic.....He still has time to mature....

I just imagine someone like him with the benefits of learning from Kobe and maybe Kareem....I hope they give him a chance....as long as he isn't just plain stupid.

Or maybe they could sign Garnett next year and have him be like a mentor to him.

I really like Tyler. I wish we could keep him but due to Young's injury and the health of our older guards, I think he misses the cut.

The immaturity issue stemmed from his decision to play overseas. He went to a club that didn't play him, he clashed with coaches, etc. College is tough on 18 year olds but imagine playing 6000 miles away from home in a different country. I think it really set him back a lot.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

Tyler is likely cut. We just have too many bigs already and, with Young's injury and Nash's health, Price and Ellington seem like much better bets to make the team as insurance policies.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

It will suck big time if the Lakers cut him and Clippers pick him up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
It will suck big time if the Lakers cut him and Clippers pick him up.

They are set with DJordan, Hawes, and Big Baby at the center spot.

Chances are the Defenders can get him, and if Hill or another big is traded he can be signed cheaply. Or ironically, Tyler can go overseas...again.
laker_guerilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

Richmond wrote:
Hey guys...new to the forum. Looking forward to seeing the boys in action tonight. NBATV is showing the game!

Welcome - have a , we're winning the
GoldenThroat

Lakerpark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

The problem is that this is going to be the 6th year of his professional career, and the 6th year of people saying that he's just immature and he might someday get it. We're the 7th professional team to take a shot on him, with the previous 6 deciding that he wasn't worth their time.

He has talent, but while I don't expect him to be fully mature at 23, I expect him to have grown more than he has. I remember Warrior fans being all excited about him and were saying the same things...4 years ago. For some guys, it just doesn't click.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

Lakerpark wrote:

What is considered a good package?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject:

Richmond wrote:

Welcome, Richmond. Hope you enjoy the forum.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

To be fair to Tyler, he has been improving. He does seem to be getting better each year. Last year he played the most of any year he has been in the league, and looked decent. It does say something though that no one wants to hold onto him, despite some improvements and that he still has potential.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30
Jump to: