How Mitch will rebuild the lakers...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Nupe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: How Mitch will rebuild the lakers...

I might need Larry Coon to chime in on this to get the numbers straight. But I believe mitch will trade for Klay and sign Marc Gasol in the off season. We will clear J. Lin, Boozer and Hills contracts and be set. Well have our starting SG, SF, PF and C for 2015.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

Kevin Durant
King Nupe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kevin Durant

KD is too Beta to be a Laker superstar. Anyway, he's going to go to DC.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

King Nupe wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kevin Durant

Nah homie. He coming out west.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: How Mitch will rebuild the lakers...

King Nupe wrote:
I might need Larry Coon to chime in on this to get the numbers straight. But I believe mitch will trade for Klay and sign Marc Gasol in the off season. We will clear J. Lin, Boozer and Hills contracts and be set. Well have our starting SG, SF, PF and C for 2015.

What will we trade for Klay? Randle? That's about all I can see them accepting and if we do that, that is foolish since Randle is on a rookie deal. Otherwise I don't see how we get Klay this year. We may offer him a max next summer, but I think Warriors match that and give him a 5th year.

Marc? I can see him being a target. However, not sure if he wants to come here.

My prediction is we go for a move like Roy Hibbert with Nash, 2015 1st, and fillers (like X or another young piece). That is a classic Mitch type of move to get a big man. I don't see a superstar trade this year, but a "buy low" kind of move. In that scenario, we'd need the Pacers to collapse, which is possible without George/Lance.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

"Flexibility".
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

Rebuild? I thought we were already here. We're expecting a championship remember?

Nice ideas, but maybe needs to go in the groundless trade ideas thread/forum?

I don't think Mitch has any clue how we're going to rebuild this team yet. He needs to see the team (and in particular the rookies) play first.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kevin Durant

I don't see KD as a Laker, he's loyal to OKC. Now Westbrook that's a different story.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

I agree with yinoma, a Hibbert trade has Mitch written all over it. Buy low and hope for the best, similar to Kwame. Hibbert only has 1/2 more seasons (his option), so it is a controllable risk. The upside would be that he returns to the player he was prior to last season. If we get him for those 2 seasons and extend him for 2 more, we get him in his prime from 27-30.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I agree with yinoma, a Hibbert trade has Mitch written all over it. Buy low and hope for the best, similar to Kwame. Hibbert only has 1/2 more seasons (his option), so it is a controllable risk. The upside would be that he returns to the player he was prior to last season. If we get him for those 2 seasons and extend him for 2 more, we get him in his prime from 27-30.

Mitch has consistently shown he will go for the big man. Pau was a really great player in 2007-08, but was under criticism at the time for failing to make the playoffs ("buy low").

Howard, well, seemed to be written in the stars. Didn't work out.

But we get the picture. Mitch and the Lakers historically target big men. I think if the Pacers flounder, and Hibbert tells them he wants to go to LA, it's a done deal.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

I hope Mitch doesn't trade for Hibbert though its intriguing to see if he'll have a comeback season without Paul George and Lance taking all the shots. I don't think there is a short cut to rebuilding this team. I think we should rebuild through free agency and wait till the right opportunity comes along to get a star player

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
I hope Mitch doesn't trade for Hibbert though its intriguing to see if he'll have a comeback season without Paul George and Lance taking all the shots. I don't think there is a short cut to rebuilding this team. I think we should rebuild through free agency and wait till the right opportunity comes along to get a star player

It's a true "buy low" scenario IMO. It's a short contract and if he picks up his option in 2015, gives us cap space in 2016. If he doesn't pick it up, we have the opportunity to re-sign him with Bird rights. Losing the 2015 Houston pick for him is something I'd be willing to give up.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject:

If we were to trade for Hibbert this season would we have enough cap space to get Klay Thompson?

A starting lineup of Clarkson, Kobe, Thompson, Randle, and Hibbert is pretty strong.

Then in 2016 when Kobe's cpntract expires we would have enough money to sign Durant or more likely DeRozan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
If we were to trade for Hibbert this season would we have enough cap space to get Klay Thompson?

A starting lineup of Clarkson, Kobe, Thompson, Randle, and Hibbert is pretty strong.

Then in 2016 when Kobe's cpntract expires we would have enough money to sign Durant or more likely DeRozan.

If we dumped Lin and the other cap holds, I think we have about $15-16m to offer Klay. But that's barebones and we'd have no PG (unless Clarkson somehow pans out).
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

If we dumped Lin and the other cap holds, I think we have about $15-16m to offer Klay. But that's barebones and we'd have no PG (unless Clarkson somehow pans out).

Ok, thanks. Since Thompson is restricted GS will likely match any offer anyways.

Maybe try and steal Jimmy Butler away from Chicago since we could use a great perimeter defender and re-sign Lin for that 15-16m instead.
King Nupe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

Remember hill is a team option
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:

It's a true "buy low" scenario IMO. It's a short contract and if he picks up his option in 2015, gives us cap space in 2016. If he doesn't pick it up, we have the opportunity to re-sign him with Bird rights. Losing the 2015 Houston pick for him is something I'd be willing to give up.

It will take more than Houston's first to get Roy Hibbert, probably a combination of the pick, Jordan Hill and Nick Young. Even that might not be enough for Indiana to pull the trigger unless he absolutely sucks this season, which will negate the point of trading for him in the first place.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:

It will take more than Houston's first to get Roy Hibbert, probably a combination of the pick, Jordan Hill and Nick Young. Even that might not be enough for Indiana to pull the trigger unless he absolutely sucks this season, which will negate the point of trading for him in the first place.

I don't think they would want Young's contract. They might be interested in Kelly since they are old at PF with West and Scola.

Nash or Hill, Kelly, and Houston's 1st for Hibbert is a pretty fair trade for both teams.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

I'd love a move to acquire Hibbert. And yes, a great buy low move.

I think the challenge is that most fans prefer to buy high (i.e. Isaiah Thomas, etc) but anybody can overpay.

Guys like Jordan Hill are the safer play for sure. But if you can flip him for Hibbert? A lot more upside there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:

Well, Hill can't be traded without his permission. Only way to get rid of the no-trade clause is to guarantee year #2 at $9m, which I doubt the Lakers do. So Hill IMO isn't a realistic trade option.

Nash would be an expiring, the 2015 1st an asset, and a young player (could be anyone of the guys). This of course is premised on: 1) Pacers having a terrible year; and 2) Hibbert basically demanding to go to the Lakers or he will not exercise his player option and sign with them in the offseason.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: How Mitch will rebuild the lakers...

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

What will we trade for Klay? Randle? That's about all I can see them accepting and if we do that, that is foolish since Randle is on a rookie deal. Otherwise I don't see how we get Klay this year. We may offer him a max next summer, but I think Warriors match that and give him a 5th year.

My prediction is we go for a move like Roy Hibbert with Nash, 2015 1st, and fillers (like X or another young piece). That is a classic Mitch type of move to get a big man. I don't see a superstar trade this year, but a "buy low" kind of move. In that scenario, we'd need the Pacers to collapse, which is possible without George/Lance.

I am thinking the complete opposite of the Hibbert trade. Prefer to keep the rebuild on track with young players. That Houston 1st will hopefully be in the high teens. A center like Cauley-Stien or Hammons potentially could be selected in that range. Or a solid SF to add to the roster.

Also interested to see how Lin and Hill develop and fit in this year. If they thrive it changes needs and how assets are used. Lin at a more reasonable salary? Hill producing at $9M a year may not be so bad.

Lakers still have Nash and Boozer coming off the books. Sizable $13M contract between them if the right player is available. Then in 2016 Kobe's $28M coming off the books adds a lot of flexibility to add a player or players.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: How Mitch will rebuild the lakers...

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

I am thinking the complete opposite of the Hibbert trade. Prefer to keep the rebuild on track with young players. That Houston 1st will hopefully be in the high teens. A center like Cauley-Stien or Hammons potentially could be selected in that range. Or a solid SF to add to the roster.

Also interested to see how Lin and Hill develop and fit in this year. If they thrive it changes needs and how assets are used. Lin at a more reasonable salary? Hill producing at $9M a year may not be so bad.

Lakers still have Nash and Boozer coming off the books. Almost a max contract between them if the right player is available. Then in 2016 Kobe's $28M coming off the books adds a lot of flexibility to add a player or players.

More in the line of what I was thinking. Unless Nash agrees to be traded and then cut so he can sign with Phoenix for his farewell tour, I don't see him getting traded to Indiana for Hibbert.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: How Mitch will rebuild the lakers...

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

Lakers still have Nash and Boozer coming off the books. Almost a max contract between them if the right player is available. Then in 2016 Kobe's $28M coming off the books adds a lot of flexibility to add a player or players.

Of course there are various scenarios, but I was just trying to predict what OUR FO would do in this situation. Given Kobe's final 2 years, not sure if they will do a full rebuild and wait until 2016. They've structured the cap space to possibly be open for $30m in space in 2015, and got that 2015 pick to use as a trade sweetener.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject:

King Nupe wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kevin Durant

He looked pretty alpha when he hit game winners on us in the 2012 playoffs.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure why anyone would be enamored with Hibbert coming here? The dude checks out of meaningful games more than Pau. And Hibbert wants touches? At least when pau complains he has abilities to back it up.

Watching Hibbert try to find himself was one of the most appalling effort I've seen coming from a professional. Rebounding is an effort stat, Roy bageled twice and had multiple games of 2,3,4 rebounds. in their playoff run. That's completely unacceptable for Lakers big men standard. I'd rather take my chances with Hill, who I at least know will come out to play every single game.

Roy's post game is an atrocity. He is low IQ. Going after Gasol or Lopez and losing out would be better than having to be stuck with Roy's 15 mil/ yr contract.

Giving up our #1 is not buying low. Rebuilding the lakers? Let Nash salary expire, keep our #1, spend that 15 mil on somebody who will come to play. Indiana faltered because their cap space was locked by a starting big who was useless in the playoff. Had they traded for Kaman last year, they'd be in the finals.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: