Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

So someone (probably an ex-gf) betrays his trust and privacy by leaking nude photos of him and he's the one that ends up apologizing?

A bunch of female celebrities' nudes come out and the media basically commiserates over it, saying how awful it is and how the people responsible should be punished. Trey Burke's gets leaked, and he has to apologize for his behavior of taking some pictures?

(bleep) this BS sexist double standard. Trey Burke has nothing to apologize for, he was the one who was wronged!

As I recall, Greg Oden apologized too, despite doing nothing wrong.

Why isn't Jennifer Lawrence apologizing to all her stupid tween Hunger Games fans for her "behavior"?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Good thing for Trey is that nobody will notice his pics with all the other stuff going on...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I think they're ALL idiots taking compromising pics of themselves like that.

Phones can get stolen, relationships end sometimes badly you can't put yourself in that position.

Especially if you are famous.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Oden allegedly punched his girlfriend in the face and is going on trial this month for it.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

Trey Burke plays for Utah, that's why he's apologizing, if you were trying to get what little local endorsement money was available to you out of Mormons, you'd apologize too.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

Who the hell is Trey Burke?

!...
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
So someone (probably an ex-gf) betrays his trust and privacy by leaking nude photos of him and he's the one that ends up apologizing?

A bunch of female celebrities' nudes come out and the media basically commiserates over it, saying how awful it is and how the people responsible should be punished. Trey Burke's gets leaked, and he has to apologize for his behavior of taking some pictures?

(bleep) this BS sexist double standard. Trey Burke has nothing to apologize for, he was the one who was wronged!

Why isn't Jennifer Lawrence apologizing to all her stupid tween Hunger Games fans for her "behavior"?

If he apologized, it was by his own choice. As far as I know, there were no grumblings out there demanding an apology from him. So your rage should be directed towards his decision to apologize instead of whoever you are mad at instead.

Anyways most of the time these apologies are just empty words and barely worth the thoughts or energy to care about. Pick another cause bro. Free Tibet!
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Oden allegedly punched his girlfriend in the face and is going on trial this month for it.

I meant for his leaked photo, smartass.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

salami wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

If he apologized, it was by his own choice. As far as I know, there were no grumblings out there demanding an apology from him. So your rage should be directed towards his decision to apologize instead of whoever you are mad at instead.

Anyways most of the time these apologies are just empty words and barely worth the thoughts or energy to care about. Pick another cause bro. Free Tibet!

I seriously doubt he seriously wants to bring attention to this and apologize for doing nothing wrong without pressure from outside groups (whether direct or indirect) to do it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

Being stupid is not being wronged. If he wanted to apologize, then he should apologize. Why you care is way, way beyond me.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

I've never known anyone who had such an obsession with naked basketball players. Not my thing, but to each his own.
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

I've never known anyone who had such an obsession with naked basketball players. Not my thing, but to each his own.

http://hiphophoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/1302094595shannon_lamar_nekkid1.jpg
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Oh I get it, you're trying to insult me by implying that I'm attracted to men. Well, that's not really going to work on me since I don't happen to think it's insulting to be gay or bisexual, you homophobe.

Last edited by Fan0Bynum17 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Being stupid is not being wronged. If he wanted to apologize, then he should apologize. Why you care is way, way beyond me.

Whether it was "stupid" for him to trust someone with pics like that, is beside the point. Are you denying that someone betraying someone's trust by releasing private photos like that is wrong? Do you deny that what happened to Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities is wrong? Someone can fail in intelligently protecting themselves from things like that and also still be wrong/victimized, it's not mutually exclusive.

I'm trying to point out a double standard, which is something I made clear in my first post.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Whether it was "stupid" for him to trust someone with pics like that, is beside the point. Are you denying that someone betraying someone's trust by releasing private photos like that is wrong? Do you deny that what happened to Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities is wrong? Someone can fail in intelligently protecting themselves from things like that and also still be wrong/victimized, it's not mutually exclusive.

I'm trying to point out a double standard, which is something I made clear in my first post.

It's because of who his market for endorsements is, if he played in LA or NY, it'd be different.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject:

Because the penis is a vulgar sight, man.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Oh I get it, you're trying to insult me by implying that I'm attracted to men. Well, that's not really going to work on me since I don't happen to think it's insulting to be gay or bisexual, you homophobe.

I don't care if anyones gay. I just think it's weird to come on a basketball form and be obsessed by photos of nude athletes.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

I don't care if anyones gay. I just think it's weird to come on a basketball form and be obsessed by photos of nude athletes.

That's an intentional mischaracterization of my thread in an effort to paint me as being attracted to men, in order to shame/insult/humiliate me into some kind of submission. Even though you probably think it's just some harmless snide jab, what you're implying in it is bigoted, regardless of how indifferent you say you are to gay people.

Besides, do you think it's weird when posters on here "obsess" over women sportscasters? Or is that normal and fine to you because it's hetero male behavior?

Last edited by Fan0Bynum17 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It's because of who his market for endorsements is, if he played in LA or NY, it'd be different.

Would it? Oden played in Portland (a pretty liberal city last I checked) and yet was still put up to apologizing for being "guilty" of taking private nude photos.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Keep reaching for that rainbow old sport.

!...
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Got an argument?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Trey Burke apologizing for being wronged?

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

That's an intentional mischaracterization of my thread in an effort to paint me as being attracted to men, in order to shame/insult/humiliate me into some kind of submission. Even though you probably think it's just some harmless snide jab, what you're implying in it is bigoted, regardless of how indifferent you say you are to gay people.

Besides, do you think it's weird when posters on here and "obsess" over women sportscasters? Or is that normal and fine to you because it's hetero male behavior?

I've never seen any obsessing over women sportscasters, but I don't really look at threads like this.

Anyway, this is much ado about nothing. It's apparent no one but you cares about this, and why you care so much is a mystery to me.

Was there a "double standard" here? Not that I see. Trey Burke apologized because that's what people generally do as a PR move. He was probably concerned about endorsement deals. And he has a GM and commissioner to answer to. And his customer base in Utah might be a little more consevrative. So, yeah, maybe he got some pressure there, but that's not a double standard. That's different situations.

Jennifer Lawrence has no boss, and no one to answer to but herself. She didn't apologize because she felt no apology was necessary. I don't think that's a double standard. It's someone who doesn't feel a need to play the PR game.

Last edited by activeverb on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes, it was stupid of him to trust anyone with photos like that, and to even take photos like that. No one would care if that happened to me, but if you are in the public eye you need to tread a little more on the smarter side of life.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Got an argument?

HAHAHA! Argument? That would mean having to further endure your disingenuous "Gender Equality" shtick. No thanks.

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: