OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)

Please read this note from the Mods before posting:

Do not label other fans - whether it's Lin only or Lin haters or whatever.

Do not talk about other fans or other message boards.

Do not insult one another (e.g. Lin fans are too sensitive or people who don't like Lin are racists)

Do not bring race or religion into the discussion period. Not to prove your point, not for any reason, for example:

DO NOT CALL BYRON SCOTT A RACIST BECAUSE YOU DON'T THINK HE'S PLAYING LIN ENOUGH MINUTES.

If you see a questionable post, do not quote it or discuss it - use the Report button.

However, DO NOT use the Report button merely because you disagree with a post.

New posters who violate these rules will be banned as they are more than likely just here to cause trouble. Long time posters who get sucked in and end up violating the rules will be warned or suspended.

I started the Official Jeremy Lin thread months ago that was suddenly closed with no explination why. I assumed it was to give the mods a rest til the season began.

So here it is...after the long wait the first game with Lin as a Laker is here!!
I've waited years for this day as most here know.

I hope he has a good game...along with all our other players. Waiting here in head to toe purple and gold for the game to begin!!

Get that win (even though it doesn't count)...LOL!!

Last edited by kobe_luver on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:29 am; edited 6 times in total
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

This is a pointless thread.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:

Why is it pointless?

I always start an Official thread for our new players....so why not for Lin?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:

This is a pointless comment.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Don't pay attention to him.... kobe_luver..... most people become insecure when new threads are created.... it makes there cereal taste like horse pooh.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays. I don't expect much yet though. These guys still need quite a bit more time to learn to play with each other.

I mainly want to see his demeanor out there. Will he look like he's taking charge and acting like a floor general?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I think Lin can potentially give us a good game tonight.... maybe 25-30 points if he gets minutes in the 2nd half.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Another Lin thread?

Maybe the Mods help out and leave one out there, jezzz...

jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Here we are now. Entertain us.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Rawr wrote:

Why is it pointless?

You missed; Randle, Davis, Clarkson and what the heck a new one for Booz as well.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Now let's have a thread about Kobe, Steve Nash, and the rest of the team and have a discussion on their play, news etc.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Excited to see JLin actually PLAY WITH Kobe/Wes/Booze/Hill for the first time since he inexplicably got absolutely ZERO experience playing WITH them so far in training camp. Why????!!!! Truly a head scratcher. How do you develop chemistry with the players you might actually have a high chance of playing with hamming it up with Clarkson every day? Not that Clarkson's a bad guy, but come on!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject:

The why is easy, when you are installing a new offense you want the starters to be used to playing with each other and the reserves the same. The backup QB doesn't get time with the starters from the beginning.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Rawr wrote:

Why is it pointless?

You missed; Randle, Davis, Clarkson and what the heck a new one for Booz as well.

ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Can't the OP just be excited about JLin's first game as a Laker and want to give people a place to talk about that?

For a lot of people, this is a big day.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

JLin has been hustling and I see no reason why he can't excel on this team. I hope he finds home in LA. LETS GO PURPLE AND GOLD!
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The why is easy, when you are installing a new offense you want the starters to be used to playing with each other and the reserves the same. The backup QB doesn't get time with the starters from the beginning.

Horrible logic. If you are projecting that a player is going to play significant minutes with the starting unit you don't give him ZERO run with them. ZERO. you understand? Not mostly playing with the second team and a LITTLE run with the first team--ZERO. I'm sure Scott is going to change it up, but how does that make any sense? In what universe?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Horrible logic. If you are projecting that a player is going to play significant minutes with the starting unit you don't give him ZERO run with them. ZERO. you understand? Not mostly playing with the second team and a LITTLE run with the first team--ZERO. I'm sure Scott is going to change it up, but how does that make any sense? In what universe?

Lin's the second best PG on the team, he'll certianly get more than enough minutes tonight and moving forward...
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Lin's the second best PG on the team, he'll certianly get more than enough minutes tonight and moving forward...

Doesn't matter whether you think he's the best or second best on the team--is he or is he not going to play significant minutes with members of the first unit? He needs training camp practice time with them. Not just "oh hey btw, I'm jeremy! Wiggle your ears when you want the ball, Kobe!" The first time they step on the court together.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
deal wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Doesn't matter whether you think he's the best or second best on the team--is he or is he not going to play significant minutes with members of the first unit? He needs training camp practice time with them. Not just "oh hey btw, I'm jeremy! Wiggle your ears when you want the ball, Kobe!" The first time they step on the court together.

I'd say the guy with the MVP's is number one. And yes, I'd expect his backup to see significant minutes...
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:

dude, there are three more weeks of training camp left. nothing wrong with scott trying one lineup for a week and another lineup for another week. and besides, we've seen all of, what, 5 minutes of training camp video? i think one of the goals of week one is to figure exactly how much nash can play. then they'll determine what the lineup options are. you can't throw the guy to the curb and completely discount the guy when he is completely healthy, by all accounts.

and by the way, if kobe can wiggle his ears without using his hands that would be awesome! i have an uncle that can do that and it's the coolest thing to see.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:

dude, there are three more weeks of training camp left. nothing wrong with scott trying one lineup for a week and another lineup for another week. and besides, we've seen all of, what, 5 minutes of training camp video? i think one of the goals of week one is to figure exactly how much nash can play. then they'll determine what the lineup options are. you can't throw the guy to the curb and completely discount the guy when he is completely healthy, by all accounts.

and by the way, if kobe can wiggle his ears without using his hands that would be awesome! i have an uncle that can do that and it's the coolest thing to see.

lol, that moving the ear thing is not to common. I only know one person that does that, lol...
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

Post game interview

http://www.lakersnation.com/video-jeremy-lin-talks-strengths-after-first-lakers-game/2014/10/07/
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

I don't think Lin played particularly well last night, but I'd like to see him and Nash switch roles. Nash was getting absolutely torched, and there's no rim protection in the starting unit. Lin isn't a particularly good defender either, but he's better than Nash, and his footspeed makes a difference. I'd like to see Nash leading the young legs of the 2nd unit, with Davis (please no Sacre) back there protecting him defensively.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I don't think Lin played particularly well last night, but I'd like to see him and Nash switch roles. Nash was getting absolutely torched, and there's no rim protection in the starting unit. Lin isn't a particularly good defender either, but he's better than Nash, and his footspeed makes a difference. I'd like to see Nash leading the young legs of the 2nd unit, with Davis (please no Sacre) back there protecting him defensively.

Awesome suggestion ... agree. Also agree that Lin didn't play all that well. He doesn't seem as secure with his handles or decision making ... flashes here and there but, if I remember correctly, consistency with QB'ing has been a constant critique as far as PG skills go with Lin.

I think Nash would flourish with the younger legs. Not to mention, Kobe initiates the offense the lion's share of the time as well with the starters so Nash is essentially playing the role of Fisher.

Was I mistaken in seeing quite a bit of triangle sets in the first quarter?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 1 of 503
Jump to: