OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oh what a difference a day makes. Day before yesterday Lin was the greatest thing since sliced bread. One bad game and he gets a one way ticket to Siberia.

Exactly, and the Lakers go from being a potential playoff spoiler to a bottom two team in the league. I think it is safe to predict that both will be somewhere between the two extremes. I was excited when we traded for Lin and will give him a whole season before passing judgement.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Lin need pick and roll and fast rhythm. Kobe need good boarder and slow control. Need to find the balance and solve the conflict.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oh what a difference a day makes. Day before yesterday Lin was the greatest thing since sliced bread. One bad game and he gets a one way ticket to Siberia.

Exactly, and the Lakers go from being a potential playoff spoiler to a bottom two team in the league. I think it is safe to predict that both will be somewhere between the two extremes. I was excited when we traded for Lin and will give him a whole season before passing judgement.

He's plagued by Linsanity. He was new and no one really knew much about him. Once he was scouted the real Jeremy Lin surfaced.

Right now he's the best PG we have. Scott has his job cut out for him, how to use him, get the most from what he has to offer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Won't get any easier against Bledsoe tonight either.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why people were writing off Lin based on one game anyways. He deserves a season to show what he can do
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

1020 wrote:
Not sure why people were writing off Lin based on one game anyways. He deserves a season to show what he can do

Especially on one game which everyone did bad!
Birmingham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

People need to realise with Jeremy that despite the Harvard education and the stereotypes, he is not a particularly intelligent point guard.

He makes ill-advised passes and takes ill-advised shots on a regular basis. Last night was no different.

Lower your expectations.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Jonathan1212 wrote:
Now, when Lin starts knocking down his jump shots and treys, he is an unstoppable offensive juggernaut. Then he gets a Linsanity game. But that only happens like once every twenty games. I don't know why.

Unless Lin gets a lot better, he will be a marginal backup PG next year.

it happens only once in a while because not everyone gets 20 and 10 every single night. man, you crazy. are you trolling, or are you really expecting him to play linsanity (which happened in a different system, with different coach, with different teammates) every night? so it's either linsanity every night, or a marginal backup PG? whatever happened to solid, starting PG gifted at scoring? which is what I expect him to be when it's all said and done.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Because he looks like a scrub and then like an all-star. It's not just that he has a bad game, he does inexplicably amateur things and looks terrible. But he can look really great when he gets it in gear, dropping dimes, blowing by defenders and finishing, splitting defenders, making thread the needle passes, knocking down mid-range and threes, playing tough D. It's Jeckyl/Hyde, what coaching team can get Lin to Jeckyl with Hyde not around much?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Because he looks like a scrub and then like an all-star. It's not just that he has a bad game, he does inexplicably amateur things and looks terrible. But he can look really great when he gets it in gear, dropping dimes, blowing by defenders and finishing, splitting defenders, making thread the needle passes, knocking down mid-range and threes, playing tough D. It's Jeckyl/Hyde, what coaching team can get Lin to Jeckyl with Hyde not around much?

What did you expect? He's a Harvard grad not a Morehouse man.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
sfca
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Scott's offense will not work with Lin, or any other point guard. it's too restrictive, and shooting no threes makes it tougher than it should be... there are 3s right there for the taking, but because of the gag order on 3s, players are forced to take jumpers with men in their faces, or drive a clogged lane... it's actually very dumb.

Exactly!!! I just don't understand the coach's offense strategy.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

The only coach that fits perfect with Lin is D'Antoni
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:

This.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I think the idea is NOT to figure out what system, or coach, or types of teammates will make Lin an elite player, but rather how to get Lin to be as effective a player as possible to contribute to this Lakers team.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

sfca wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Scott's offense will not work with Lin, or any other point guard. it's too restrictive, and shooting no threes makes it tougher than it should be... there are 3s right there for the taking, but because of the gag order on 3s, players are forced to take jumpers with men in their faces, or drive a clogged lane... it's actually very dumb.

Exactly!!! I just don't understand the coach's offense strategy.
Who's going to shoot the 3's?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
I think the idea is NOT to figure out what system, or coach, or types of teammates will make Lin an elite player, but rather how to get Lin to be as effective a player as possible to contribute to this Lakers team.

Fans that like Lin have him overrated. Credit Linsanity

jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
laserboy wrote:

LOL that's a pretty broad brush your painting with.

You know them personally?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
laserboy wrote:

LOL that's a pretty broad brush your painting with.

You know them personally?

Allow me to rephrase Some fans that like Lin have him overrated. Credit Linsanity. Is that OK

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
MODS not trying to cause havoc or troll or trying to get banned, but to me this is the elephant in the room when it comes to Lin's state of mind and it should be addressed.

Here's my take on Lin's mental state, and one which may appear to be uncorrectable.

It all comes down to his deeply seated belief in <DOG>.

I've heard him say in interviews that (paraphrasing here) it is <DOG's> will whether he does well or not and he is only channeling <DOG>.

So if he is feeling it, he feels empowered to do more because he is primed by a higher power. Like last night in 3rd quarter when he was heating up, he felt like the hand of <DOG> was guiding him when he tried to drain that 3-ptr. And like the night he sunk 9 3-ptr's. Like Linsanity.

But it can work the other way so when things go south, they really go south because he believes <DOG> is not empowering him or worse yet, is preventing him from excelling so he tries to do less.

He has to overcome this and adopt a killer's mentality - (like Kobe/Clarkson/Ellington) that when shots aren't falling to keep shooting. And apply this to all parts of his game.

Lin is not the only player with strong religious convictions, so I'm not sure how one would conclude that "It all comes down to (Lin's) deeply seated belief in <DOG>". As much as everyone seems to enjoy dissecting J Lin, this is probably one area best left out of the discussion.

fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

But he is gone
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Mike Woodson was a pretty good fit.

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

This.

I wonder if Lin was on their radar at all when they gave MDA the heave-ho. You couldn't plot a more backasswards offseason if you tried.
Cool426
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Allow me to rephrase Some fans that like Lin have him overrated. Credit Linsanity. Is that OK

Much better! I happen to like Lin too.

If SOME of those fans you mentioned will only see Lin for who he is (an average NBA player), not for who he was (Linsanity) or for who he can become (Nash), all the unnecessary hyping since he became a Laker will seize to exist.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

This.

I wonder if Lin was on their radar at all when they gave MDA the heave-ho. You couldn't plot a more backasswards offseason if you tried.

I think MDA was gone....it didn't matter if Lin was best suited for his type of game....his lack of emphasis on defense is what killed him. The majority of fans didn't want him, former players who played in the organization didn't want him around. MDA could've made it more entertaining but as to winning enough games to make the playoffs? No way. The MDA offense only worked in Phoenix because they had the pieces to effectively run it. In New York and LA? Nope.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 34 of 503
Jump to: