OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PPP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
NomisR wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
NomisR wrote:

Did I come to the wrong board?

What do you mean wrong board? This is a thread about a laker player named Jeremy Lin.

If you are looking for a lakers forum this is the place to be if you are looking for another teams forum than ya wrong place.

People are no longer bashing him and saying they wouldn't mind keeping him...

Lakers would be the plan c for lin to consider as well, imho.

For the right price. And I do think he will be a fall-back plan for the Lakers. Like Plan C.

By the same token, I do think lakers will be a fallback plan for lin, like plan D..
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

lakers and lin sound like a match made in heaven. hey, i'm fine with him possibly re-signing in LA, i like watching the majority of his games on PST.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Harvard coach Tommy Amaker after the win over Yale this past weekend to advance to the NCAA tournament...

Quote:
“I’ve always said about Wesley like I said about Jeremy Lin: It’s not about the points he scores; it’s always about the points he’s responsible for,” Amaker said. “He put us on his back and carried us in stretches.”

Link to NYT article here

Thanks laserboy! A good article and quote.
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Found this article kinda funny. http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2015/03/17/lakers-jeremy-lin-byron-scott-at-odds-over-his-turnovers/

BS says he talked to Lin about how he specifically wants Lin to play to keep T/O down but Lin says BS has never talked to him about that.
Jackchang
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
Found this article kinda funny. http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2015/03/17/lakers-jeremy-lin-byron-scott-at-odds-over-his-turnovers/

BS says he talked to Lin about how he specifically wants Lin to play to keep T/O down but Lin says BS has never talked to him about that.

guess who's been lying and playing office politics.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:

I think Blockbuster talked to the guards in general about keeping turnovers down. He didn't address Lin specifically about what adjustments he wants him to make after the 4th quarter turnovers.

Frankly, I'm not sure Blockbuster knows what he wants specifically. He just wants turnovers down... but aggressiveness up.

He should know that that Lin's style is high risk/high reward. Kobe is actually the same way. Go for it and be aggressive. Dont be tentative and afraid of the TO.
Inigo Montoya
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Jackchang wrote:
Hurrican wrote:

Based on stories in the season thus far, it seems like Byron talks to the press about problems he has with his players more than he talks to the players. So no one is lying; he is just terrible at communicating with his players. Exactly what you want in a coach!
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

@ you guys

you all got trolled by this beat writer whose name is "Mark Medina"... this has been his typical articles this season...
bait some questions from Byron, then bait some question from Lin, then create a controversial story between Lin and Byron...
what a horrible writer, seriously
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
@ you guys

you all got trolled by this beat writer whose name is "Mark Medina"... this has been his typical articles this season...
bait some questions from Byron, then bait some question from Lin, then create a controversial story between Lin and Byron...

Yeah. This guys is terrible and always trying to make something out of nothing.

With that said, Byron being clueless is not news.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
@ you guys

Yeah. This guys is terrible and always trying to make something out of nothing.

With that said, Byron being clueless is not news.

I would give Byron some leeway here... obviously Byron has told lin to cut the TOs down... but the detailed analysis stuff would not be a one on one session between Byron and Lin... I don't think a head coach has time to do that, might be assistant coach would do that with Lin... obviously Lin himself knows the issue and did the analysis with his trainer himself...
there is really no issue there. Lin probably never read any article and just honestly answered any questions they asked...I hope he read this type of article once and knows what these writers are about... If I were him I would keep a tight lip and shrug off any question they asked me, so that they would have nothing to write about
purple.23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

those 2 to's were big. the thing is that the other teams knew that lin wasn't going to shoot, so it made it easier for them to expect what was coming.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

purple.23 wrote:
those 2 to's were big. the thing is that the other teams knew that lin wasn't going to shoot, so it made it easier for them to expect what was coming.

those free throws and passes and the fluidity of offense when Lin was in were also big too
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

He is marginal but is far from the worst problem on the team.

Sorry, didn't read through every page believe it or not. Actually none of the pages to be honest, Cheers!
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Jackchang wrote:
Hurrican wrote:

BS does not have to, Lin should know without being told.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
purple.23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Jackchang wrote:
Hurrican wrote:

BS does not have to, Lin should know without being told.
hey, i can "coach" this way too, and better.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
nikeykid wrote:
jump passes are the worst. he was rightfully pulled with 3 min left. he should've kept driving to the hoop. otherwise much better game.

He would jump to pass in the rest of his career against elite defense or lack of space no matter how you or some others tell him not to... cuz that is his game since high school. It's his limitation athletically. If he kept driving that would've also turned out to be turnover or to-like blocked shot. That's just a problem that almost can't be fixed against elite defense from Jeremy.

You know, Wade jumps to pass also. It's just Wade doesn't turn it over as much. I think it is changing his mind mid-air opposed to any athletic limitation. It's also a bad habit.

His solution to elite defenses is to use his crossover/step-back fade. But when isn't looking to shoot, he ends up overpassing and often getting more TOs than necessary.

Wade is a better dribbler, he also has better wingspans and height. You simply have high hope on Lin if you would like to compare him to Wade. If he can do what Wade do, he at least is an All-Star-like pg. But no he isn't, until he improves his dribbling dramatically.

Jeremy Lin's "pick up his dribble" or "jump pass" or any sorta problems are ALL DUE TO his lack of leaping ability. Lin, as an Asian player, simply can NOT jump to lay it in easily against elite shot-blocker/rim-protector without acceleration. He is an Asian speedster. And I am an Asian speedster too. I know our limitations on the court. Most of us have short Achilles tendons. We are relying speed to jump high. If Lin is slowed down when he is driving, then the problems aka "pick up his dribble" or "jump pass" or "pass out shots" happen.

Last edited by Lorenzomax on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Lin gets himself into trouble a little too much, and he has to stop picking up his dribble. And too often it looks like he's so busy trying to look for a pass he passes up on shots he should be taking.

Usually he does a good job at reading what the defense is giving him but it almost looked like he was forcing the issue on the passes.

Probably also didn't help that GS put their best defender on him in the 4th quarter. Iguodala was all over him when he was trying to penetrate.

Good explanation. Like I said... he is not Wade. He is not that athletic.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject:

purple.23 wrote:

Him taking a charge was big, him getting to the line in the 4th quarter and helping to get GS in the penalty was big, him organizing the offense so that they came back to tie the game in the 4th was big, him getting steals and blocks in the game was big.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
nikeykid wrote:
jump passes are the worst. he was rightfully pulled with 3 min left. he should've kept driving to the hoop. otherwise much better game.

He would jump to pass in the rest of his career against elite defense or lack of space no matter how you or some others tell him not to... cuz that is his game since high school. It's his limitation athletically. If he kept driving that would've also turned out to be turnover or to-like blocked shot. That's just a problem that almost can't be fixed against elite defense from Jeremy.

You know, Wade jumps to pass also. It's just Wade doesn't turn it over as much. I think it is changing his mind mid-air opposed to any athletic limitation. It's also a bad habit.

His solution to elite defenses is to use his crossover/step-back fade. But when isn't looking to shoot, he ends up overpassing and often getting more TOs than necessary.

Wade is a better dribbler, he also has better wingspans and height. You simply have high hope on Lin if you would like to compare him to Wade. If he can do what Wade do, he at least is an All-Star-like pg. But no he isn't, until he improves his dribbling dramatically.

Jeremy Lin's "pick up his dribble" or "jump pass" or any sorta problems are ALL DUE TO his lack of leaping ability. Lin, as an Asian player, simply can NOT jump to lay it in easily against elite shot-blocker/rim-protector without acceleration. He is an Asian speedster. And I am an Asian speedster too. I know our limitations on the court. Most of us have short Achilles tendons. We are relying speed to jump high. If one or two defender(s) can slow Lin down when he is driving, then the problems aka "pick up his dribble" or "jump pass" or "pass out shots" happen.

I would not recommend going with ethnic stereotypes as a way of discussing Lin. It can only end badly.
bfpri
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Sorry, didn't read through every page believe it or not. Actually none of the pages to be honest, Cheers!

When your team is full of trash, thats not much of a compliment. Jlin is a low IQ bball player with occasional bursts of brilliance. But those are far and few between. If he comes back he's a bonafide bench player, the only way he starts is as a bench player.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject:

bfpri wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

When your team is full of trash, thats not much of a compliment. Jlin is a low IQ bball player with occasional bursts of brilliance. But those are far and few between. If he comes back he's a bonafide bench player, the only way he starts is as a bench player.

the only way he starts is as a bench player
what does that even mean?

Anyways Lin is a lot of things but a low IQ player he isn't.
Bruhhh24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

Jeremy Lin's "pick up his dribble" or "jump pass" or any sorta problems are ALL DUE TO his lack of leaping ability. Lin, as an Asian player, simply can NOT jump to lay it in easily against elite shot-blocker/rim-protector without acceleration. He is an Asian speedster. And I am an Asian speedster too. I know our limitations on the court. Most of us have short Achilles tendons. We are relying speed to jump high. If one or two defender(s) can slow Lin down when he is driving, then the problems aka "pick up his dribble" or "jump pass" or "pass out shots" happen.

http://replygif.net/i/538.gif
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject:

This is an article written by me explaining why Lin is turnover-prone:

http://www.jlinfans.com/t/jie-gou-lin-cheng-ye-shen-ti-su-zhi-bai-ye-shen-ti-su-zhi/1059

It's in Chinese(w/ a few Eng.) and if you can read Chinese you better read it.

the English part:

Free, cutting edge PDF's on jumping higher and running faster!
http://www.just-fly-sports.com/free-ebooks/

I took some clips from the Holm vs. Thomas sport science documentary and coupled with recent research by Earp in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning research (2011) made this short video showing how the length of the Achilles Tendon influences knee bend and ground contact times in single leg jumping.

Typically, athletes with shorter Achilles tendons will be better at jumps from a running start, relatively speaking, but their standing verticals will be poor compared to their long tendoned counterparts.

Athletes with longer Achilles tendons will excel and standing and short approach jumps, but will be at a slight disadvantage when it comes to fast running jumps. This doesn't mean that they can't be good at it, however, they will just end up doing it with slightly different Biomechanics.

In short: Long Achilles tendons = better standing vertical jumps, and more knee bend on running jumps to jump high. Longer contact times. Short Achilles tendons = better running jumps, particularly off of one leg.

Relevant research: Earp, J. E., R. U. Newton, P. Cormie, and Kraemer J. W. "The Influence of Muscle-Tendon Unit Structure on Rate of Force Development, During the Squat, Countermovement, and Depth Drop Jumps." Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 25 (2011). Web.

Last edited by Lorenzomax on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

I would not recommend going with ethnic stereotypes as a way of discussing Lin. It can only end badly.

It's not ethnic stereotype, it's just a truth. Since I'm an Asian Lin fan, I have the right to talk about it I guess? NOT every single Asian player has short Achilles tendon(s) though. I just see what Lin has are short.
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Hurrican wrote:

I think Blockbuster talked to the guards in general about keeping turnovers down. He didn't address Lin specifically about what adjustments he wants him to make after the 4th quarter turnovers.

Frankly, I'm not sure Blockbuster knows what he wants specifically. He just wants turnovers down... but aggressiveness up.

He should know that that Lin's style is high risk/high reward. Kobe is actually the same way. Go for it and be aggressive. Dont be tentative and afraid of the TO.

As a PG, the longer you played with the same group of teammates, the better the chemistry is, and so the less the turnovers. BS keep rotating Lin's teammates on the court, that contributes to the turnovers too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 408 of 503
Jump to: