OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 465, 466, 467 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Is Clarkson the ideal backup for Rondo?

Why would the Lakers want to trade Clarkson to whatever team is stupid enough to sign Rondo?
We should keep Clarkson and use him in our starting line-up.

I see what you did there
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I've got a question for forum members who understand the nuances of basketball technique very well:

Would Lin's handle benefit from developing a Low Rider mode (kind of like this:
, not this:
) for those particular situations when his handle tends to become shaky (typically when he is played very physically and he gets bumped and knocked off stride while dribbling, or while trying to push away a defender who is muscling him up by pushing him away with his arm and upper body)?:

Lin seems like he is a bit top heavy (more mass in his shoulders than his hips), so he is easier to knock off balance when bumped in the upper body. His center of gravity may be higher than other players of similar height but who have more mass distributed in their hips than shoulders. Think also of how Lin's feet sometimes seem to slip out from right under him; he isn't anchored to the ground like other players when they get bumped or muscled up on defense.

I was doing some google research on a low stance dribble and Paul George and his shaky handle came up:

Quote:
"Powell told George he'd been dribbling the ball straight up, as if he were still 6'1", and that he needed to stay lower to protect the ball, attack angles, shift speeds and create offense for himself."

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10469944/the-grand-unified-theory-paul-george-espn-magazine

Quote:
"PG's work with Powell wasn't all about dribbling, though. It was about ball handling, taking care of the ball and being prepared to make plays.

"At first we did a lot of fundamental work," Powell said from his office, a gym in New York. "But then I changed it into game moves. When you're working ball handling, you want to get the control first. Because once you get the control everything else just falls into place."

But first Powell worked on George's handle, trying to minimize the high dribble and work with George to keep his body and dribble low to the floor. Think of Jamaal Tinsley, a NYC product whose dribble was always low and spectacular.

"His (George) ball handling was a little wiry, so what I did was I tightened it up," Powell said. "It was so wiry to the point that if you reached at him, you'd have a chance of getting the ball. So what I did was, I made it tighter, so it is not as wide so he can stay low and in control."

Powell focused on George playing his natural position on the wing with an emphasis on the good ol' triple threat.

"I tried to have him do moves off the dribble, moves off the catch with the triple threat off the jab series," Powell explained. "We worked on moves with how to get your shot off without even putting the ball down, off of pivoting and jabs. So moves off of the triple threat, and then moves on the move."

If your envisioning PG holding the ball and going through a series of moves for several seconds and bringing play to a crawl, that's not the intent. The focus was on NBA game speed and getting more comfortable with a series of options to make better decisions with the ball. That can happen in a flash.

"All of the moves that we did was something that I would get in the game," George said. "It was one-dribble, two-dribble pull-ups. One-dribble, two-dribble to the rim and counters for that, so it was real compact so I could score with limited ball handling."

That's exactly the type of game Powell wants George to emphasize to maximize his potential.

"My thought is for Paul, anything more than three dribbles is too much, help is on the way," Powell said. "He has to beat his man on two or three dribbles, any more than that he's gotta pass it. I tried to make him more efficient that way."

PG struggled to apply all of these lessons during the preseason. While he led the Pacers in minutes (28 minutes per game) and points (14.7 ppg) he also led the team in turnovers with 24. Still, too "wiry" as Powell would say.

But it is interesting to watch PG and see some of these points of emphasis emerge. With continued work, Powell's instruction will become habitual. If that happens, Powell envisions PG as a young Tracy McGrady, able to score on the wing or get in the lane and finish in spectacular fashion.

"I've always had a knack for making plays and being creative with the ball," George said. "But what I've struggled with is staying low and that's something that Jerry really helped me with. Being fast with the ball, moving with the ball and staying low doing different combinations of moves."

http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/10/30/3578470/pacers-paul-george-still-trying-to-get-a-handle-on-his-nba-game

Quote:
Kyrie Irving's Control?:

"What many fans don't know is that Irving, arguably the craftiest ball-handler in the NBA, doesn't aim to please with his creativity. His initial thinking against a defender is to actually keep his dribble move as simple as possible. But when he has to unleash a sequence like he did against Rice Jr., he's already scripted it on the practice court.

As Irving told Bleacher Report this week, "I have counters to every move that I do."

"What I want (fans) to realize is that when I make a move, it's really a simple move," he said. "It's just done with pace, and it's done off a counter of something. I only do those moves when someone kind of puts me in that position. When someone makes me feel uncomfortable, I'll always have a change of pace or have a change of direction to kind of keep them off balance. They can only guess, so you're in control. That's what offensive guys need to remember."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1860014-kyrie-irving-reveals-his-ball-handling-secrets-i-have-counters-to-every-move

(Kyrie Irving seems like the actor, not re-actor, who will dictate how he will be defended, while Lin just lets a physical defender like Toney Douglas (Warriors last year) or Patrick Beverley (Rockets this year) dictate how will be defended, when neither of those players can stick with his explosive burst of acceleration from a standstill if he was actor, vs reactor, bringing ball up the court)

Quote:
"NBA scouts are concerned that Rubio lacks the foot speed to stay in front of fast, physical guards, but he does have a knack for stealing the ball. Having a 6-foot-9 wingspan on his 6-foot-3 body aids in that manner, for sure, but such thievery primarily flows from his ability to recognize visual cues and anticipate the next move of an attacker. So it's not just a talent that can be employed on the offensive end, though that's where a player like Rubio, with the ball in his hands, can have the greatest impact.

It helps if one can dribble without conscious thought.

"I was struck by his ballhandling," Farrow says after watching YouTube highlights. "One often-forgotten element that really assists a player to process information well is that they have automatic control of the core skills. In Rubio's case, his ball handling helped in a number of ways." It allows him to devote greater focus to analyzing the behavior of other players and more easily manipulate their subsequent actions. By wrong-footing defenders, for instance, he can deceive them about his intentions, buying time and space at their expense."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5797316

http://seeinganew.tripod.com/id20.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1734626-ranking-the-best-defensive-point-guards-in-the-nba/page/11

Paul George spurted up in height quite a bit from freshman year in high school to college, as did Lin (5 ft. 3 to 6 ft 3), and kind of wonder if the dribbles they learned as smaller kids got distorted as they spurted up to their final heights.

Lin's dribble seems solid, except in those particular situations mentioned above (other situation I can think of where his handle becomes shaky is Miami Heat trap or Dallas Mavericks sideline trap. To me, Lin learned this trick at lower levels of basketball where he sticks the ball way out from his body and dribbles it away from lower level defenders (think of how Lin dribbles the ball in the Linsanity poster, but is standing straight up or squatting, instead of in crouch like the poster), but he can no longer get away with that trick against NBA caliber defenders)

Before Linsanity with the Knicks broke out, Tyson Chandler commented on how no one on Knicks roster could stay in front of Lin in practice and how, because he dribbled the ball so low to the ground, was attacking the knees of players trying to defend him.

(and from reviewing several compilations of Lin turnovers, the main issue seems to be lack of familiarity with teammates (learning to play with Knicks starters and Lakers ever changing lineups this year; seems like most of those turnovers will disappear if and when he gets to run with new team's starters over an extended period of time, and also has a good coach providing guidance to team)

Last edited by JLinfanJoe on Mon May 18, 2015 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

basing on the new cap, Jeremy's salary in the next 3 seasons could possibly be...

750+
900+
1050+

so the average salary would be 900... his agent was asking for 8~10 mil/yr so it means that he was right on the judgement of the market.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
I would really like this bench

C- Ed Davis
Pf- black or kelly depending on matchup
Sf- nick young- up to Byron to coach him to play discipline
Sg- brown- can spot up shoot
Pg- lin would be the leader of the bench...

Draft center of sf top 5 and sign a free agent 10m plus for the other starting spot. plus we have two picks for additional depth on the bench unit

Just watched Warriors beat the Rockets. Looking at the deep bench of the Warrior, I just can't imagine the lowly Lakers' bench could out perform that Warrior's bench. Lin has led the Lakers bench to top the league in scoring and efficiency. Warrior's bench has former all stars Iguodala and David Lee, and with scorer like Barbosa, Linvingston, Speights. I think people should give Lin and his teammates credit. If Lakers want to contend for a playoff spot next year, besides signing some top FAs for the 1st unit, they need a strong bench which can win them many games. Those extra games the bench can win for them can mean low playoff seat or out of it. Looks like the Lakers is going to draft a C (Towns/Okafor) for the 2nd draft pick and may pick a sf for the other pick. So they need experienced and proven pg. Why Lakers fans don't think Lin is a valuable member of the team? At the right price and if he is willing to resign for backup role, just do it, Mitch.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
basing on the new cap, Jeremy's salary in the next 3 seasons could possibly be...

750+
900+
1050+

so the average salary would be 900... his agent was asking for 8~10 mil/yr so it means that he was right on the judgement of the market.

And with the 2nd pick in the 2015 draft the Lakers select. ...not Lin.

/thread.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:

750+
900+
1050+

750 you mean 7.5m or 750k, not sure what you are saying
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

Were Lin's low chances of coming back marginally improved by getting the #2 pick instead of #4?
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
Were Lin's low chances of coming back marginally improved by getting the #2 pick instead of #4?

Logically yes, since the odds of picking up a Russell or Mudiay is a lot less now.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Logically yes, since the odds of picking up a Russell or Mudiay is a lot less now.

Plus Lakers is really weak in the C position. So why not Towns/Okafor for the 2nd pick. They are also very weak in sf (especially if they trade Young). Those are more urgent needs. If they use the 3rd pick on a pg, why do people believe that that low pick pg is better for Lakers next season than Lin who is a proven veteran and has been in the playoff? Unless you are a hater, with Lin leading the 2nd unit to top the league in score and efficiency, why dump a proven backup pg for another low pick unproven pg?
Dr. Jez
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Plus Lakers is really weak in the C position. So why not Towns/Okafor for the 2nd pick. They are also very weak in sf (especially if they trade Young). Those are more urgent needs. If they use the 3rd pick on a pg, why do people believe that that low pick pg is better for Lakers next season than Lin who is a proven veteran and has been in the playoff? Unless you are a hater, with Lin leading the 2nd unit to top the league in score and efficiency, why dump a proven backup pg for another low pick unproven pg?

Less cap hit and the potential upside I'd guess.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it is out of the question that the Lakers would want Lin back, especially if he comes back in the $3 million a year range.

But really, all you big Lin fans.... why would Lin want to come back here? He doesn't like Scott as a coach, the future is seen as Clarkson at the PG. I can't see Lin coming back here unless what the Lakers offered was somewhat better than what other teams might offer.

If he goes as a backup - maybe the Spurs, Atlanta, Cleveland, maybe Memphis or Dallas.

If he gets to play starter minutes, maybe playing PG and SG someplace like Denver, OKC.

My guess is that someone is going to offer him either/or more money / bigger role, coupled with a different coach. We probably have more interest in retaining Lin, than he has in staying here.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
But really, all you big Lin fans.... why would Lin want to come back here?

I'm curious about this as well, I don't want Lin back with the Lakers unless it's his only option to stay in the NBA. If being a backup PG is what he is destined for next season after farked over by BS, why stay?

I'm happy the Team Tank got their pick this year but Lin and many of the Lakers players got royally screwed by being put in lineups and positions that were destined to fail and lose games. Go look at "The Official Analytics" thread around page 6 and 7 where they look at the stats of all the FA PGs, at least on the offensive ones Lin ranks high. Defense stats.. lol no comment. Why Lin would want to stay, I don't know unless he really wants to stay in Cali. And it's damn embarrassing to see my fellow Lin fans almost begging for him to stay around the Lakers. I want Lin on a more suitable team, the end.

GoldenThroat wrote:
At least offensively, these numbers shed light on how criminally misused Jeremy Lin was by Byron Scott. High volume driver, high efficiency as a driver, high FT rate (most of which are from drives). Great combination, and we were playing him off of the ball with Kobe and/or backing up Ronnie friggin' Price.

Last edited by Renmei on Thu May 21, 2015 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Is Clarkson the ideal backup for Rondo?

Why would the Lakers want to trade Clarkson to whatever team is stupid enough to sign Rondo?
We should keep Clarkson and use him in our starting line-up.

I see what you did there

fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject:

Renmei wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
But really, all you big Lin fans.... why would Lin want to come back here?

I'm curious about this as well, I don't want Lin back with the Lakers unless it's his only option to stay in the NBA. If being a backup PG is what he is destined for next season after farked over by BS, why stay?

I'm happy the Team Tank got their pick this year but Lin and many of the Lakers players got royally screwed by being put in lineups and positions that were destined to fail and lose games. Go look at "The Official Analytics" thread around page 6 and 7 where they look at the stats of all the FA PGs, at least on the offensive ones Lin ranks high. Defense stats.. lol no comment. Why Lin would want to stay, I don't know unless he really wants to stay in Cali. And it's damn embarrassing to see my fellow Lin fans almost begging for him to stay around the Lakers. I want Lin on a more suitable team, the end.

GoldenThroat wrote:
At least offensively, these numbers shed light on how criminally misused Jeremy Lin was by Byron Scott. High volume driver, high efficiency as a driver, high FT rate (most of which are from drives). Great combination, and we were playing him off of the ball with Kobe and/or backing up Ronnie friggin' Price.

Begging? don't think so. Lin fans are still here because Lin is still a Lakers, but getting very quite.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:

Jeremy Lin isn't terrible.

I wouldn't mind him back under the right circumstances. I don't think he hated Byron Scott.. I just think there was an adjustment that needed to be made. It seems as though how Byron Scott and Jeremy Lin see the point guard position being ran is two different things maybe.

I liken it to Nick Young.

I think if both stay.. they'll have better seasons.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject:

If we get Towns then Lin may be a good asset to pick up.

I'm not positive about Okafor. Is he kind of lazy in P&R?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

I consider myself a Laker fan, not a Lin fan. But I do see the value of him re-signing with the Lakers. He is a good young productive PG that hovers in that starter/backup role. Lakers need that. Especially as an inexperienced Clarkson develops.

Above it was posted that his agent is asking $8-10M. That would be too steep IMO. But if he can agree to something in the $6-7M range. (3yr/$18-20M range) I would be all for it. That would be comparable to many other PGs in the League that fill that same role on their teams.

Last year was abysmal. Players were out of position. Lineups were shuffled due to injury and whims. Basing statistics and HC drama on last season may be overstated because of it. I expect this season to be more stable and productive all around. At least I hope so!

Lakers are still a long ways from a contending roster. As they work on it a player like Lin has some value to team chemistry and rebuilding. Also he is still young enough to be a decent role player when they do get competitive again.

Perfectly fine with a PG lineup of Clarkson/Lin and a vet like Price or drafting a developmental defensive PG like D. Wright or Rozier.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

Lin will likely be in consideration if the Lakers don't get a star max players. But it will require Lin agreeing to a lower salary, probably more in the 5-7m range.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lin will likely be in consideration if the Lakers don't get a star max players. But it will require Lin agreeing to a lower salary, probably more in the 5-7m range.

Here we go again Yinoma

It seems we both agree Lin is an option. Just seem to disagree on how much effort and money should be used to re-sign him.

Curious who you would choose between Mo Williams at approx. $3.5M or Lin at $7M?

For me that is easy. I look at Williams as a 32 year old short term band-aid. With Lin you have a 26 tear old PG/SG role player. Potentially for several transition years if they chose to do so as the team and Clarkson develop and Kobe retires.
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject:

The way Clarkson played PG is very similar to how Lin played PG. In fact, it is how most PGs play in the NBA nowadays. BS obviously prefers someone with Price's style, which makes little sense. It is not how Magic played. It is not how Jason Kidd, or Chris Paul, or Kyrie Irving played. It seems like maybe deep inside, he has always disliked the playing style of these PGs in his career?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Here we go again Yinoma

It seems we both agree Lin is an option. Just seem to disagree on how much effort and money should be used to re-sign him.

Curious who you would choose between Mo Williams at approx. $3.5M or Lin at $7M?

For me that is easy. I look at Williams as a 32 year old short term band-aid. With Lin you have a 26 tear old PG/SG role player. Potentially for several transition years if they chose to do so as the team and Clarkson develop and Kobe retires.

Look at my sig and that's my "realistic" team. Mo Williams is a much better 3 point shooter than Lin. And with Clarkson/Randle/Kobe clogging up posting up, need deadeye shooters. I wouldn't be opposed to Lin but at double the rate, Lakers may elect to pick up someone like Mo who fits with Okafor.
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Here we go again Yinoma

Look at my sig and that's my "realistic" team. Mo Williams was a much better 3 point shooter than Lin. And with Clarkson/Randle/Kobe clogging up posting up, need deadeye shooters. I wouldn't be opposed to Lin but at double the rate, Lakers may elect to pick up someone like Mo who fits with Okafor.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

These are all the stats I got from the thread, posting it here for easier reference. Massive props to GT for getting all these numbers, that whole thread is a gold mine of info.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=173334&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=125
GoldenThroat wrote:
Pick & Roll Ball Handler (first number is possessions, second is PPP)

Aaron Brooks........482, 0.90
Beno Udrih...........222, 0.86
Cory Joseph.........161, 0.84
Reggie Jackson.....346, 0.84
Jeremy Lin...........378, 0.83
Mo Williams..........228, 0.82
Brandon Knight.....368, 0.82
JJ Barea...............298, 0.81
CJ Watson............171, 0.79
Goran Dragic........222, 0.75
Patrick Beverley....112, 0.74
Jameer Nelson......148, 0.74
Norris Cole...........128, 0.73
Kirk Hinrich..........118, 0.66
Rajon Rondo.........244, 0.66
Steve Blake..........120, 0.63
Ronnie Price...........69, 0.42 http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/images/smileys/facepalm.gif
Dante Exum.........109, 0.28

GoldenThroat wrote:
A little off topic, but this basically measures who the ball "sticks" with the most amongst Free Agent PGs.

Average Touch Time (in seconds)

Reggie Jackson....5.735
JJ Barea..............5.321
Aaron Brooks.......5.009
Jameer Nelson.....4.922
Jeremy Lin..........4.881
Mo Williams.........4.697
Rajon Rondo........4.626
Brandon Knight....4.465
Cory Joseph.........3.870
CJ Watson............3.752
Norris Cole...........3.735
Beno Udrih...........3.672
Ronnie Price.........3.507
Goran Dragic........3.436
Steve Blake..........3.390
Kirk Hinrich..........3.123
Patrick Beverley....3.011

GoldenThroat wrote:
Drives to the Basket per 48 minutes

Aaron Brooks.........15.30
Reggie Jackson.......14.32
JJ Barea.................13.02
Rajon Rondo...........12.12
Jeremy Lin.............12.09
Goran Dragic..........11.61
Jameer Nelson........11.41
Cory Joseph............10.75
Brandon Knight.......10.40
Norris Cole...............8.69
Patrick Beverly..........7.77
Mo Williams..............7.18
Beno Udrih...............6.35
Steve Blake..............5.84
CJ Watson................5.78
Ronnie Price.............5.14
Dante Exum.............5.00
Kirk Hinrich..............3.16

GoldenThroat wrote:
This one is somewhat dependent on teammates (although the fact that Lin is #2 suggests that maybe it's not a huge factor), but to some degree it measures a player's ability to produce points on drives, whether it's them scoring or someone else scoring off of it.

Team Points Per Drive (Player points on drive + points from drive assists + points from free throw assists + turnovers on drives)

Kirk Hinrich..........1.25
Jeremy Lin...........1.23
JJ Barea...............1.23
Cory Joseph.........1.22
Goran Dragic........1.21
Reggie Jackson.....1.19
Steve Blake..........1.13
Aaron Brooks........1.12
CJ Watson............1.07
Brandon Knight.....1.06
Norris Cole...........1.05
Mo Williams..........1.05
Beno Udrih...........1.04
Ronnie Price.........1.04
Jameer Nelson......1.02
Rajon Rondo.........1.01
Patrick Beverley.....0.98

GoldenThroat wrote:
Catch & Shoot (first number is attempts, second is PPP)

JJ Barea...............85, 1.31
CJ Watson...........131, 1.22
Cory Joseph..........55, 1.21
Aaron Brooks.......156, 1.19
Brandon Knight....198, 1.14
Steve Blake.........162, 1.13
Patrick Beverley...280, 1.11
Mo Williams.........194, 1.10
Goran Dragic.......203, 1.08
Jeremy Lin..........104, 1.06
Kirk Hinrich.........152, 1.03
Ronnie Price..........82, 1.00
Jameer Nelson.....126, 0.99
Beno Udrih..........119, 0.95
Norris Cole..........163, 0.92
Rajon Rondo........102, 0.88
Reggie Jackson....131, 0.82

GoldenThroat wrote:
This mostly normalizes for the quality of teammates and minutes played, giving you an idea of how many looks a player creates for others per game. If ever there was an argument for Rondo, this is it.

Potential Assists Per 48 Minutes (pass that leads to a shot attempt)

Rajon Rondo.......24.08
Reggie Jackson...19.69
Mo Williams........19.59
Steve Blake........18.03
Jameer Nelson....17.65
JJ Barea.............17.63
Ronnie Price........16.77
Jeremy Lin..........16.56
Brandon Knight...15.16
Beno Udrih.........14.98
CJ Watson..........14.46
Aaron Brooks......14.46
Norris Cole.........13.63
Goran Dragic......13.03
Cory Joseph.......12.59
Patrick Beverley..10.72
Kirk Hinrich..........8.89

GoldenThroat wrote:
Similar to the last stat, but adjusts for free throws and 3 pointers created. Based on actual points scored rather than potential points.

Points Created by Assist per 48 Minutes

Rajon Rondo.......30.3
Mo Williams........22.6
Reggie Jackson....22.3
JJ Barea..............22.1
Steve Blake.........21.1
Jameer Nelson.....20.5
Jeremy Lin..........18.8
Ronnie Price........18.0
Brandon Knight....17.3
CJ Watson...........16.2
Beno Udrih..........16.2
Norris Cole..........15.9
Aaron Brooks.......15.7
Cory Joseph.........15.2
Goran Dragic........15.1
Patrick Beverley....13.2
Kirk Hinrich..........10.4

GoldenThroat wrote:
True Shooting Percentage (factors in 3-pointers & FTs)

CJ Watson..........58.1
Goran Dragic......57.7
Cory Joseph........56.4
Beno Udrih.........55.0
Brandon Knight...54.3
Jeremy Lin..........53.9
Aaron Brooks.......53.4
Mo Williams.........51.2
Reggie Jackson....51.1
Patrick Beverley...50.9
Steve Blake.........50.7
Jameer Nelson.....50.3
JJ Barea..............50.2
Norris Cole..........48.3
Kirk Hinrich.........46.8
Ronnie Price........45.5
Rajon Rondo........44.8

GoldenThroat wrote:
This is a measure of how many points a player adds or subtracts per 100 possessions relative to the league average player, on a league average team. It's essentially a way to try to isolate contribution, while normalizing for the quality of teammates.

Offensive Box Plus/Minus

Goran Dragic.......2.5
Mo Williams.........2.1
Reggie Jackson....1.9
Brandon Knight....1.7
CJ Watson...........1.4
Aaron Brooks.......1.0
JJ Barea..............1.0
Jameer Nelson.....0.6
Patrick Beverley...0.5
Jeremy Lin..........0.5
Cory Joseph........0.2
Beno Udrih..........0.2
Ronnie Price.......-1.0
Steve Blake........-1.2
Norris Cole.........-1.5
Rajon Rondo.......-1.6
Kirk Hinrich........-2.3

GoldenThroat wrote:
Defensive Box Plus/Minus

Rajon Rondo...........1.1
Cory Joseph............0.5
Patrick Beverley......0.3
CJ Watson..............0.1
Kirk Hinrich...........-0.6
Brandon Knight......-0.7
Steve Blake...........-0.9
Ronnie Price..........-1.0
Beno Udrih............-1.0
Reggie Jackson......-1.2
Jeremy Lin............-1.3
Goran Dragic.........-1.4
Norris Cole............-1.5
Jameer Nelson.......-1.6
Aaron Brooks.........-2.4
JJ Barea................-2.5
Mo Williams...........-3.5

GoldenThroat wrote:
Overall Box Plus/Minus

CJ Watson..............1.5
Goran Dragic..........1.1
Brandon Knight.......1.1
Reggie Jackson.......0.8
Cory Joseph............0.7
Patrick Beverley.......0.5
Rajon Rondo..........-0.5
Jeremy Lin............-0.8
Beno Udrih............-0.8
Jameer Nelson.......-1.0
Mo Williams...........-1.3
Aaron Brooks.........-1.4
JJ Barea................-1.5
Ronnie Price..........-2.0
Steve Blake...........-2.1
Kirk Hinrich...........-2.8
Norris Cole............-3.0

GoldenThroat wrote:
Win Shares per 48 Minutes

Cory Joseph...........149
CJ Watson..............135
Goran Dragic..........123
Beno Udrih.............115
Reggie Jackson.......110
Brandon Knight.......106
Patrick Beverley.......096
JJ Barea.................096
Aaron Brooks..........083
Mo Williams............080
Jeremy Lin.............068
Steve Blake............066
Norris Cole.............052
Jameer Nelson........047
Rajon Rondo...........037
Ronnie Price...........036
Kirk Hinrich............030

GoldenThroat wrote:
Can't sleep, so I'll do some more. A bunch of these guys switched teams mid year via trade, and this category didn't have the combined totals. I just took the figure from the team where they had the most possessions.

Transition (first number is possessions, second is PPP)

Goran Dragic...........97, 1.37
CJ Watson.............106, 1.10
Cory Joseph............79, 1.10
Jameer Nelson........40, 1.08
Jeremy Lin.............156, 1.05
Kirk Hinrich.............69, 1.04
Brandon Knight.......193, 1.03
Patrick Beverley......121, 1.00
Beno Udrih..............89, 1.00
Norris Cole..............72, 0.94
Ronnie Price............45, 0.93
JJ Barea..................92, 0.92
Reggie Jackson.......113, 0.90
Aaron Brooks..........136, 0.88
Mo Williams..............65, 0.86
Rajon Rondo.............95, 0.82
Steve Blake..............60, 0.67

GoldenThroat wrote:
This basically measures a player's ability to get to the line.

Free Throw Rate

Jeremy Lin.............410
CJ Watson..............400
Cory Joseph............348
Brandon Knight.......251
Goran Dragic..........234
Reggie Jackson.......219
Mo Williams............217
Aaron Brooks..........213
Ronnie Price...........202
Beno Udrih.............202
JJ Barea.................175
Norris Cole.............145
Kirk Hinrich............131
Steve Blake............125
Rajon Rondo...........121
Patrick Beverley......113
Jameer Nelson........071
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Too bad Scott doesn't believe in analytics.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
Too bad Scott doesn't believe in analytics.

He only believe head of snake.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 465, 466, 467 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 466 of 503
Jump to: