OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
My cousin is working with Lin right now in Tokyo. Something to do with Airbnb Asia.

Can your cousin ask which team he will go?
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject:

he should not return to the Lakers for his career's sake. he'll be 3rd or 4th string at PG. unless of course Clakrson gets traded and he tags team the PG/SG position with D'An
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

Be honest, maybe Lakers is the last one on Lin's wishing list or maybe not at all. But never say never since nothing is 100%.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

Jeremy plays in Taipei.(starts at 22:00)
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

Jeremy Lin: I lost so much in 3 years!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
Jeremy Lin: I lost so much in 3 years!

Thanks for the vid. Didn't expect the interpreter to try and translate Lin's crying too.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Paul Villarreal ‏@CNM_JLin_Vids 20h20 hours ago
Q5: Your strength is PNR. Who have been your best NBA teammates to play PNR with so far?
JLin5: Tyson Chandler & Ed Davis....

JLin5 (c't)...Ed Davis if I had to choose just 1 player. ED understands my play style best. ED always in perfect position, reads def quickly

JLin5 (c't): Ed Davis and I have discussed playing for the same team next season

Lin: Ed Davis and I can finish plays just by eye contact (b/c they understand each others' play style so well)

I thought this was interesting, Lin likes Ed Davis over Tyson Chandler as a PnR partner, with davis opting out of his player option.. I'd laugh my ass off if him and lin end up on the same team and we'll see if the connection we saw glimpses on w the laker was real or not
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Renmei wrote:
Quote:
Q5: Your strength is PNR. Who have been your best NBA teammates to play PNR with so far?

JLin5 (c't)...Ed Davis if I had to choose just 1 player. ED understands my play style best. ED always in perfect position, reads def quickly

JLin5 (c't): Ed Davis and I have discussed playing for the same team next season

Lin: Ed Davis and I can finish plays just by eye contact (b/c they understand each others' play style so well)

I thought this was interesting, Lin likes Ed Davis over Tyson Chandler as a PnR partner, with davis opting out of his player option.. I'd laugh my ass off if him and lin end up on the same team and we'll see if the connection we saw glimpses on w the laker was real or not

Wow, I didn't know about that twitter feed (@CNM_JLin_Vids). There's a treasure trove of information there. Thanks!

I followed one of the tweets and found a translation of an interview Lin just did overseas.

Quote:
Q1: You trained w/ Steve Nash. Can you talk about that & about getting along with him?
A1: Nash is a very unassuming star. Not every player is capable of teaching other players, or will share, their skills with other players. But Nash will. I have an appointment to train with Nash again in LA after I finish my Asia tour. I think Nash can/will be a good coach (if he wants to be one).

Q2: You talked about adjusting your shooting form. Can you give more details?
A2: I talked about this with my trainer. He watched me shoot 500 shots. Shooting form change has to come slowly. We will use video footage and break it down to alter shot form. The goal of the shooting from change is to make my shot more natural (for him).
* (Note from friend in China who translated this and is a bball player himself): Lin wants to work on shooting posture, dribbling-into-shot & shot release. This key to form.

Q3: Over the years, Taiwan has had many bball players go to USA to study/learn bball. They aspire to play in the USA (NBA?). Any advice?
A3: The players from Taiwan have to believe in their ability and skills. Although they go US to learn American training, it’s important they bring what they learned back to Taiwan. That’s why I hold BB camp every year because it’s really important for this bball knowledge to be brought back to Taiwan so that players there can know it.

Q4: Which top NBA guards did you learn the most from?
A4: Chris Paul and Stephen Curry. I’m not an explosive player like Westbrook, DRose or John Wall (so can’t learn as much from them). I can’t jump high like them. But I can learn dribbling, skills & tempo control from Curry & Chris Paul.

Q5: Your strength is Pick And Roll offense (PNR). Who have been the best PNR teammates for you in your NBA career so far?
A5: Tyson Chandler and Ed Davis. Ed Davis if I had to choose just one. Ed understands my playing style best. He always stands in the perfect position and he reads (figures out) the (opponent’s) defense quickly. We can finish plays just by making eye contact (because they understand how the other plays so well. WE HAVE DISCUSSED PLAYING TOGETHER NEXT SEASON.
* (Note: Ed Davis, just a few hours ago, declined his player option to return to the Lakers next season. That means he is an unrestricted free agent now. So if he wants to go with JLin to another team, he can)

Q6: Any difference between your new Crazy Light Boost (CLB) 2015 Adidas shoes and the shoes you wore in the past?
A6: CLB is the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. And I’m not just saying that, it’s true (laughs). The entire shoe is excellent and so comfortable. I bought pairs of them for my family (because he likes them so much).

Q7: Besides good skills, what personality traits are good for a basketball player?
A7: The key is to love playing basketball, so you have the motivation for it. There are many NBA players who are very talented but they lack the love of the game. And if they don’t have the love of the game, they will be out of the NBA quickly. Superstars like Jordan, LeBron, Kobe and Durant all love to play basketball.

Q8: What interesting things do you do with your teammates in the offseason during the season, besides training?
A8: Different things. We often go out to eat and go shopping. NBA players love to shop. They buy a lot of clothes. Many players will tell other players when new clothes come out. We also sometimes play video games together and talk.

http://www.jlinportal.com/important-fa-facts-from-jeremy-lin-taiwan-qa/
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Apparently they're selling JLin7 shirts (with his personal symbol, the icon he uses on his youtube videos) in the Adidas store in Taipei. Complete with a miniature cardboard version of him inside them.

https://twitter.com/Loveforlife0323/status/615727765388554240

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIuBHNIUcAE1BBs.jpg
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Renmei wrote:
Quote:

SBNation has Ed Davis signing with the hated Celtics for 2 years $18 million.....
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/30/8868203/nba-free-agency-predictions-kevin-love-lamarcus-aldridge

Last edited by lakersken80 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Renmei wrote:
Quote:

Love Big Ed I wonder where he will end up. Sounds like Lakers want him but he is not their priority
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject:

Another interesting article linked from that twitter feed.

http://www.jlinportal.com/why-jeremy-lin-will-be-a-good-nba-player-whichever-team-he-lands/

I'm not sure I agree with everything in it, but it's certainly food for thought, like the breakdown of assisted vs. iso 3's, and the midrange training.

Jeremy did say that after returning from Asia, he's scheduled to train with Nash on shooting. I wonder what type of shots they'll be working on. The two of them are still using Lakers facilities to train right now, right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject:

Looks like Lin is likely gone, no?
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:

http://www.jlinportal.com/why-jeremy-lin-will-be-a-good-nba-player-whichever-team-he-lands/

I'm not sure I agree with everything in it, but it's certainly food for thought, like the breakdown of assisted vs. iso 3's, and the midrange training.

Jeremy did say that after returning from Asia, he's scheduled to train with Nash on shooting. I wonder what type of shots they'll be working on. The two of them are still using Lakers facilities to train right now, right?

Thanks for sharing this.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject:

I'm starting to see rumors about Sacramento being interested in Lin, and wanting to run him with Collison. I'm not sure why Sacramento is interesting in this pairing unless Ranadive wants a cheap option to take up Ben McLemore and Ray McCallum's ineffective minutes. Assuming Karl stays with the Kings, and Cousins and Gay stay healthy, and Cauley-Stein anchors the defense, that could be an exciting team to watch. But Vivek would have to sell Lin on major minutes since Collison is the starting PG and McLemore is the natural SG. Or maybe Lin becomes the starter and Collison is the 3rd guard in the rotation? I'm starting to warm up to this Sactown scenario.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:

It's funny that most casual fans and even some hardcore fans think that Lin has gotten worse over the years when in reality he's gotten better in every aspect of his game and continues to improve.

I think that whichever team he lands on this year will get a steal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
I'm starting to see rumors about Sacramento being interested in Lin, and wanting to run him with Collison. I'm not sure why Sacramento is interesting in this pairing unless Ranadive wants a cheap option to take up Ben McLemore and Ray McCallum's ineffective minutes. Assuming Karl stays with the Kings, and Cousins and Gay stay healthy, and Cauley-Stein anchors the defense, that could be an exciting team to watch. But Vivek would have to sell Lin on major minutes since Collison is the starting PG and McLemore is the natural SG. Or maybe Lin becomes the starter and Collison is the 3rd guard in the rotation? I'm starting to warm up to this Sactown scenario.

They're rumored to be pursuing Rondo hard too.

Not sure if I'd want Lin to be in that hot mess of a franchise.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:

I agree with this article that LA was, surprisingly enough, the worst situation for Lin.

In NY, he had the lowest expectations and due to the Knicks' terrible PG and injury situation and D'Antoni's kitchen sink approach, Lin had full control over the offense.

In Houston Year 1, there were high expectations, a ball-dominant SG in Harden taking away offensive control, but at least Lin got major minutes and the offense was free flowing.

In Houston Year 2, Harden's ball dominance remained, but with the addition of Howard, the offense became more stagnant and run through the post (Howard didn't even like PnR). This made Lin's skills a bit redundant and Beverley's supposed defensive prowess more prominent. Still, Lin was the 6th and got major minutes.

In LA, Kobe's ball dominance, BS's non-sensical structure, Boozer/Hill/Young's three-headed blackhole, and the ultimate decision to tank made Lin's value irrelevant.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Was just going to post this, Cousins really likes Rondo. They're also trying to fire Karl lol.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

I agree. Vivek is micromanaging a bit too much, and not in a good way.
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"Another interesting article linked from that twitter feed.

I'm not sure I agree with everything in it, but it's certainly food for thought, like the breakdown of assisted vs. iso 3's, and the midrange training."

Lin's stats are also deceptively low because he doesn't get enough shot attempts per game (to me, the magic number has always been 10 shot attempts per game, every game, plus few trips to foul line to also calibrate his range that way), so he can calibrate his range if he is cold to start game, but team needs him to step up in fourth quarter, plus rhythm he establishes from playing say 32 - 35 true starter closer minutes.

Never see Lin get in the zone with his shot like he did many times year 1 in Houston, where he was undisputed starter alongside Harden for all 82 games. Lin can also get locked into the zone defensively if he gets the starter / closer minutes that get his body loose and his competitive juices really flowing. Closest we saw to that with the Lakers is when Byron Scott deployed Lin for entire fourth quarter of games.

Lin has got a history of being a slow starter, and 10 shot attempts per game, every game, in true starter / closer role is where he needs to be if a team wants to maximize what they get for their money (e. g. Lin shot 50% from three over 10 game period sometime around Jan or Feb of year 1 in Houston, and even year 2 in Houston, he started off hot while Rockets were already trying to push him to the bench:
).

Lin year 2 in Houston often got maybe 1 shot attempt per quarter while they were trying to prove Beverley was a better fit with starters, and even with Lakers, he was often limited to 6 shot attempts per game, plus getting reduced to 15 - 20 minutes off the bench. Impossible to establish any sort of shooting rhythm and maintain over multiple game period.

The other thing about his midrange shooting is is he taking shots he is dictating (dribble drive penetration and pulling up for jumper because defense is playing him for the pass), vs. having to create something at end of shot clock or follow Moreyball idealogy and try and get all the way to the rim, but not have opening, then have to chuck up a contested shot to beat shot clock? He's always been a very good shooter off the dribble, but that is probably when he represents a true triple threat, and isn't always trying to get all the way to the rim because that is how he was conditioned under Moreyball.

Lin is probably already a much better shooter than his "season average stats" might indicate, and he keeps getting a bit more efficient each and every year.

Last edited by JLinfanJoe on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:57 am; edited 6 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

I agree. Vivek is micromanaging a bit too much, and not in a good way.

Yeah. As a Lin fan, that's actually the last place I'd like to see him. A new coach every year, and if Lin isn't on Boogie's good side, he's dead too.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

He should sit back and make the right choice. Maybe sign a 1 year MLE or mini MLE type deal with a team like Dallas or the Pelicans and get his value up for next uear. I think he would do well with the Pelicans and Alvin Gentry.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
He should sit back and make the right choice. Maybe sign a 1 year MLE or mini MLE type deal with a team like Dallas or the Pelicans and get his value up for next uear. I think he would do well with the Pelicans and Alvin Gentry.

Pelicans would be a great idea. P&R with Anthony Davis. However, Holiday (assuming health) is their starter who will play 35mpg. Not sure Lin wants to be a 20mpg guy.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

Pelicans would be a great idea. P&R with Anthony Davis. However, Holiday (assuming health) is their starter who will play 35mpg. Not sure Lin wants to be a 20mpg guy.

Holiday, Gordon, and evens are players that get hurt alot amd Holiday hasn't been that good. I can see Lin getting 30 plus minutes there between those 3 guard spots.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 486 of 503
Jump to: