OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
The Knicks made an offer. Lol

I understand that most of your posts are designed just to rile people up. But this one is also factually inaccurate; the Knicks never made an offer. Quite possible they were upset about the poison pill, but they did not have an offer out to Lin.
Cool426
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Does Lin work on his game in the offseason? Seems like he hasn't gotten better since his knicks dsys.

A, yes. You have a lot to learn about Lin. He worked his butt off on his game in the off season.

It's too bad that Lin still has a lot to learn about NBA. I said it in another post he needs to fire his off-season trainer/coach.

Which joker told him to work on floaters and defense when his skills are fundamentally flawed!? Work on his fundamentals; ball handling, quicker shooting release, and shoot comfortably when defenders are close. His slow ass set, wind, and shoot is for DL. If he doesn't improve on those, especially his handling, he won't able to get his shots off and his shot attempts will always be a single digit against good defenders.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

appwrangler wrote:
pd24 wrote:

I understand that most of your posts are designed just to rile people up. But this one is also factually inaccurate; the Knicks never made an offer. Quite possible they were upset about the poison pill, but they did not have an offer out to Lin.

Yup. Lin said many times that Houston's offer was the only offer he received. If he didn't sign it he wouldn't have a job.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I haven't watch Lin that much but his shooting form seems stiff. it seems to have gotten worse since the Knick days.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Does Lin work on his game in the offseason? Seems like he hasn't gotten better since his knicks dsys.

A, yes. You have a lot to learn about Lin. He worked his butt off on his game in the off season.

I'm not ragging on him. Just that he hasn't taken that second step young up and coming players take. I heard them talking about how Jimmie Butler works in summer and looked at his improvement.

lol.. you just have to quit trolling Lin dude. let's just accept the fact that he fits a certain kind of system, and this broken down princeton-like offense Scott is running does not suit his style. even Steve Nash looked awful in the Princeton. Lin is going to look fine in an offense like the Spurs run, IMO.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
I haven't watch Lin that much but his shooting form seems stiff. it seems to have gotten worse since the Knick days.

His shooting has actually gotten better in all aspects (Fg%, 3pt %, FT%, TS%) , the stats back it up. Some people do not realize that his usage rate in Houston and L.A. is nowhere close to what it was in NYC (without Melo). Linsanity was a rare stint where he got free reign to thrive in a system that allowed him to play to his strengths. He was only able to replicate Linsanity a few times in Houston in the absense of Harden, so do not expect that to happen here either.
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject:

Cool426 wrote:

Which joker told him to work on floaters and defense when his skills are fundamentally flawed!? Work on his fundamentals; ball handling, quicker shooting release, and shoot comfortably when defenders are close. His slow ass set, wind, and shoot is for DL. If he doesn't improve on those, especially his handling, he won't able to get his shots off and his shot attempts will always be a single digit against good defenders.

He actually has a pretty quick release of about 0.6 seconds. That said this is before he changed his shooting form to get rid of the hitch in his shot.

An espn report from back during his linsanity days.

ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject:

I'm really glad Kobe is there to pressure Lin, its going to be very tough for him, and not a lot of players, even the good ones, were able to tolerate Kobe, but it might be what Lin's missing all throughout his career, somebody who will not just scold him on court but also give him sound advice, no matter how harsh or pushy/commanding it would be.

And people seem to forget that Jeremy only got the starting role in less than 3 month, after playing a lesser role in rox for 2 years, so I still would like to see him play with this team , under Bscott, whom I still think needs to make lots of adjustments regarding some, ahem, players.

And I also loved swaggy's comeback. Man, but is he an actor, that guy? Lol that flopping hahaha.

R.Hibbert, wearing purple & gold next year = my pipe-dream... Lolz
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Question for the mods... does this thread get locked if Lin is traded before the TD? and I hope the Lin fans stick around even if he gets traded to another team.

I really wish he doesn't get traded again, its become tiring to see him play one after another team, and him having to adjust to another team. but anyway if the org still lets him go, I'd still thank them for giving Jeremy a respite, despite how short it is, & taking him away from Rox for good.

Doubt the majority of Lin fans will stay here. A lot of trolls wont leave though. They seem very fixated on Lin more than his real fan are. Which is such a weird phenomenon in itself. LOL!

R.Hibbert, wearing purple & gold next year = my pipe-dream... Lolz
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
pd24 wrote:

I'm not ragging on him. Just that he hasn't taken that second step young up and coming players take. I heard them talking about how Jimmie Butler works in summer and looked at his improvement.

Lin has talked a lot of what he's worked on, though. Defense, posture, left hand, attacking from different angles, floater. I wished he worked more on his ball handling.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
appwrangler wrote:
pd24 wrote:

Yup. Lin said many times that Houston's offer was the only offer he received. If he didn't sign it he wouldn't have a job.

I don't think it was nearly as dire as that. Lin would certainly have been made an offer by the Knicks albeit for much less, and in retrospect, more in line with his true value.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Charisma wrote:
appwrangler wrote:
pd24 wrote:

I don't think it was nearly as dire as that. Lin would certainly have been made an offer by the Knicks albeit for much less, and in retrospect, more in line with his true value.
Lots of revisionists here. Lin has said many times Knicks told him to test the market. They would have given him a min qualifying offer and only Houston gave him any real offer as other teams were scared off that Knicks would match whatever. So Lin signed the only offer put in front of him. All that talk about Rox leaking a lower offer and then changing it up was just their strategy to through off the Knicks and it worked. They got their PG. They probably paid more than they wanted to but at the time they had no PG and needed some exciting players.
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

I'm as big of a Lin fan as the next guy but lets relax on the microscope were putting on him. This is the NBA man, look at how Lance stephenson is playing or even kemba walker for that matter, or Eric Bledsoe... its early in the season and guys are still getting their rythm and some nights most player will have off nights. For Lin he recognizes when he has it going and he attacks and shoots more, other nights he looks to distribute and lift his teammates. BScott and Kobe have accepted Lin with open arms and this is a great situation for him to get comfortable in and be a consistent 15/7/4 dual threat PG.

Honestly thats all we need, Kobe has never needed a high volume scoring PG, DFish just did what he needed to do for us to get the W if Kobe needed support and I think Lin will actually be able to do MORE, hes a much better passer and defender and attacker than Fish was, he just needs to learn Kobe's assertiveness and how to impose his will on a game.
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject:

psy123321123 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
pd24 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
pd24 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
rtype wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
24 wrote:
Im not sure i follow why Houston would give a big contract to Lin so they could then prove he wasn't any good...

I can answer that. Les Alexander the owner of the Rockets was extremely POed at Morey during Linsanity. You have to remember what the Rox looked like at the time in the summer of 2013. Their biggest "star" was Kevin Martin and they hadn't been to the playoffs in 5 years. This was before There was even a notion that they could get Harden much less Howard. Les wanted a BIG name to sell tickets and in the Summer of 2013 there weren't many names bigger in FA than Jeremy Lin.

Lin himself thought he'd play for the Knicks for the next 3-4 years. Lin may be a Harvard grad but honestly the guy is not very savy when it comes to NBA power politics he didn't know Melo was not gonna let Dolan sign him to take the spotlight in MSG.

Morey and Mchale were being ridiculed during Linsanity and their competency in evaluating talent was being called into question. You have to remember Morey and Mchale cut Lin in favor of Johnny Flynn. Mchale got visibly peeved being asked how he "missed out" on seeing Lin's talent.

Les Alexander wanted a name and wanted to mitigate the fact that they cut a guy that two weeks later was setting scoring records, putting 38pts on Kobe in MSG and creating a sporting phenomena that was a bona fide national sensation. Plus the Rox still have a lot of business ties with Chinese Companies from the Yao Ming days. Just look at the Chinese writing on the Rox goal post.

So Les Alexander pretty much forced Morey to get Lin back. So Morey structured that backloaded contract that gave Dolan the excuse not to match. Lin being Naive really thought till the very last minute he'd be a Knick for life.

Morey structured the contract for 3 years 25 million 5/5/15. So really Hou only paid Lin 10 million for two years compared to the 50 million plus they got back in the Asian Market.

Mchale does not like Jeremy Lin's game at all. He didn't even think Lin was NBA caliber. The fact that he now has to welcome back the guy he helped Morey cut as the #1 option was like a slap in the face.

So Lin was set to be the face of a team without much talent but before he plays a regular season game for the Rox, Morey was able to work the Harden trade. Suddenly Lin becomes expendable. For the first few games Lin and Harden play great together. Their first game against the Hawks Lin scored 20pts and Harden got 35pts. But now the Rox wanted to focus on Harden becoming and Allstar and a scoring title contender. So they design the offense to put the ball in his hands every possession and they Play Harden 40 mpg. Lin starts to get marginalized. In fact Mchale starts benching Lin in favor of Tony Douglas in the 4th Qt. Still despite all that Lin starts every game. And average 13.8/6 while playing off ball. To tick Morey and Harden off more Lin got more Allstar votes than Harden and Harden had to get in as an alternative.

So Lin help the team get to the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. Lin hurts his shoulder in the 1st qt of the 2nd game of the playoffs and is out. Pat Beverley steps in and hurts Westbrook tearing WB's ACL suddenly Bev becomes a Houston Hero.

In the offseason Howard signs with the Rox. Now Morey has delusions of grandeur and Lin is an afterthought. Mchale decides to bench Lin for Beverley and snatches Lin from games arbitrarly at any time. The Rox media, writers and Commentators start going in on Lin relentlessly. Every loss is his fault and everytime he's on the court every mistake is magnified. Morey does this to justify the Bev promotion and the Lin benching. The problem is Bev is injury prone. Lin starts 33 games almost 40% of the entire schedule an averages 12.5/6. Lin has some great games including a triple double on Kyrie Iriving and had some big wins in the playoffs against Lillard. Never forget Lillard was scoreless in the 4th of game 6 when Lin was on him, Lin was subbed out and Lillard got that historic threes in parsons face when Bev was suppose to be guarding him. Still the Rox org, media and most of its fan base blame Lin for series loss.
By this time Lin has served his purpose to Les. The Rox paid Lin 10 million for two years got a PG who got them to the playoffs twice and solidified their relationships with the Chinese companies.

So Morey can finally get rid of Lin. Morey makes no secret about how much respect he and org have for Lin with the Melo #7 situation.

Thankfully the Lakers need a PG and a pick so they take Lin's last year at 15 million which was always the problem with Lin's contact. If he just got 8/8.5/8.5 25million it would be no issues but people see that 15 million for one year and it freaks them out.
Lin more than earned his 5 million a year for the two years he was in Hou. They got a great deal for that amount of money on the court. And they made 10 times that in Asian endorsements.

So you asked why Hou gave that "big" contract to Lin if Morey and Mchale were against him from the start. There is your answer.

Sorry for the length but it's a long story.

OMG

yea thats pretty scary lolz

Please show which part of it is not based in absolute fact? All the "lolz" typed in the world doesn't change what happened.

Fact? Please quit posting lies or post citations for your claims.

Ok please specify which parts you are saying are false and I will happily provide the cites, dates and examples and when I do I would like an apology and acknowledgement that eveything I wrote was based in fact.

The part where you said Melo didn't let Dolan sign Lin.

Of all the parts you could have chosen you really choose the easiest one to cite and prove? Espn did an extensive 6 part story detailing how Melo didn't want Lin back and why and how he worked with Dolan to stop the resigning.
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8180308&src=desktop

Of course you may have asked for that so you could attack the author of the article but the all the points in the article still stand.

There is also Melo's famous take on the Knicks matching Lin's contract:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=8168386&city=newyork&src=desktop

As I was scrolling past that poster's request, I was thinking the same citation too. About the melo obstruction.

For people who paid attention to Lin's situation. There is a lot of truth to the long post. I can only say the situation in HOU is unfortunate for Lin. But for HOU to focus on making Harden a star, can't really argue about that if thnking in the POV of HOU. Harden and Lin pretty much duplicated and Harden is a way better scorer. Can also pass the ball. Even with bad D but people don't think Lin D well anyways.

Make no mistake McHale is not a good in game coach, but I think they focus on Harden and minimize Lin is not really something out of hate. And the way the contract structured I have a feeling that HOU was planned to trade Lin away on the 3rd year all along.

It is a different situation in LAL. Kobe is a scorer instead of a passer. Without Lin it is a lot harder to get the other starters involved. and LAL don't have many option in PG now. So he really need to take advantage in this situation this year to show what he can do.

Lin is inconsistent so far but people who paid attention to him knows that he has a lot of potential to do great. Not any average player can break scoring record in first 5 start. Or score 38 points at the first game resuming primary ball handler duty in the Spur game while playing team basketball. Or the triple double off the bench under 30 mins.

People might say a lot of NBA players have potential to do it if given chance. The fact is that so far not many people did that. That's why a lot of his fans have an extremely high expectation on him. sometimes too high which can be causing trouble.
azrael187
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

I think part of Lin's inconsistency issues stem from the fact that he's not seeing how to flex the defense. The modern Thibodeau defense is tough to beat and being a force as a PG in the NBA is hard to do. For example, Steph Curry has a brother Seth that can't crack a NBA rotation; similar athletic abilities, similar background, both great shooters, one is a superstar the other is D-league.

Lin is above average in many areas, but not elite in one that forces a defense to flex in response to him just moving. A good way to do that is to know how the defense moves and be there before the defense can react. In a Grantland article, Steve Nash said he spent a lot of time thinking about how to make Amare a better basketball player and Amare got a lot better once he started seeing the second level of defense. Mentioned this before, but I was hoping that Nash would do the same for Lin, but since he's been MIA, that ain't happening soon.

Also, Lin is playing with new types of players. He has good chemistry with Ed Davis because he's played with defense minded hard rolling big men: Chandler, Asik and to a certain extent Howard. He's never played with big men like Boozer or Hill who pick and pop from mid range and prefer rebounding to defense (Boozer more than Hill here). While he has played with jump shooting superstars, each superstar is different and takes time to work it out.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject:

All the excuses do not justify that he often plays scared out there... that has nothing to do with ability, knowing your teammates, scheme, etc. That's all on him. Until he stops playing scared so often, Lin is going to have problems.

Is he scared of Kobe or the opponents?
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
I'm as big of a Lin fan as the next guy but lets relax on the microscope were putting on him. This is the NBA man, look at how Lance stephenson is playing or even kemba walker for that matter, or Eric Bledsoe... its early in the season and guys are still getting their rythm and some nights most player will have off nights. For Lin he recognizes when he has it going and he attacks and shoots more, other nights he looks to distribute and lift his teammates. BScott and Kobe have accepted Lin with open arms and this is a great situation for him to get comfortable in and be a consistent 15/7/4 dual threat PG.

Honestly thats all we need, Kobe has never needed a high volume scoring PG, DFish just did what he needed to do for us to get the W if Kobe needed support and I think Lin will actually be able to do MORE, hes a much better passer and defender and attacker than Fish was, he just needs to learn Kobe's assertiveness and how to impose his will on a game.

Like. Good post.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

Lin has been inconsistent offensively.

Defensively, he's been pretty decent. Consistently.

Kobe asked him to work on being a defensive stopper because he does have the tools for it height. Speed.

Offensively, I'm not too worried. Everyone looks confused out there. Practice has primarily been defense-focused and will likely remain that way until the team shows that they 'get it'.

After that they will work on the offense. When everyone knows where they're supposed to be and what they're supposed to do it will give Lin more operating room.

For now, the offense isn't much more than 5 guys playing a pickup game because they don't have a feel for each other.

So I think it's too early to judge any of our players. Sure, we can complain after each game, but I truly expect this team to play totally different 4 months from now. That means no playoffs, but we may see some promising play that we can build off of.
azrael187
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
All the excuses do not justify that he often plays scared out there... that has nothing to do with ability, knowing your teammates, scheme, etc. That's all on him. Until he stops playing scared so often, Lin is going to have problems.

I'm not making excuses for Lin, when he has a bad game, he has a bad game, just trying to see what can and can't be fixed. The Rockets game was terrible, but what pissed me off the most was 0 FTs, with no Howard! There are going to be more nights when he doesn't get calls and his shot is off, it's on him to figure out how to be productive those nights. More off ball motion with intent to drive to the basket would be nice.

I'm a data analyst by training, so I want to try to quantify what playing scared or he has to be aggressive means. A few games that I remember, both GS games and the first Rockets game, he drove aggressively to the basket and the entire defense collapsed on him and was blocked or turned it over. People got upset because that was reckless. So now he has to balance aggressive versus reckless. He could start shooting contested shots, but is a contested Lin shot better than a contested Kobe shot? In a single instance, no, Kobe will make more contested shots. If Lin took a few contested shots a night which causes the defense to be more honest, is that better than a few more Kobe shots? That I think is a better option, but how many becomes the question. Right now it's on the low side, but if Lin forces his FGA to 15 a night, that is probably too many.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

Lin is reminding me of my Love/Hate relationship with Lamar Odom, you see that talent there and love him when he has a game that he lives up to that but unfortunately you only see that in 2 maybe 3 games every 10 and that make you hate him those other games because if he isnt living up to it he is useless and hurts the team
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:

I don't think he's scared at all.

But is he tentative sometimes? Sure. But I think it's more about over thinking for wanting the right shot or play rather than fear.

If the offense if moving and flowing he's go into the teeth of the defense and get slammed to the ground over and over again. The guy isn't scared.

But when the offense isn't moving, he analyzes his shot opportunity and thinks if it's a smart decision or not.

Everyone wants him to play on instinct instead of over thinking. But I think his instinct is based on seeing movement and then seeing opportunities to attack as a result of that movement.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

But is he tentative sometimes? Sure. But I think it's more about over thinking for wanting the right shot or play rather than fear.

If the offense if moving and flowing he's go into the teeth of the defense and get slammed to the ground over and over again. The guy isn't scared.

But when the offense isn't moving, he analyzes his shot opportunity and thinks if it's a smart decision or not.

Everyone wants him to play on instinct instead of over thinking. But I think his instinct is based on seeing movement and then seeing opportunities to attack as a result of that movement.

yeah, this is pretty similar to his first year in houston in that regard.. he stunk it up for the first 2 months, and admitted to being tentative because he was trying to find a balance between scoring/looking for his own shot vs. getting others going. it was a new system for him and as a PG, it was obvious the tentativeness was because he wasn't playing on instinct but rather thinking his way through a game. he averaged like 12 and 4 or less that first few months.

after december, but really after all star break, he avg. 17 and 7 or so until the end of the season.

i'm guessing this would be the trend this year as well. we'll see.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:

Yes and no. Just because Lin isn't an in-your-face type of macho challenging player doesn't mean he is scared. By nature of his dribble, he looks more unsteady than others at a slower pace. At a slower pace, the pace the starters play, he's not playing to his strength of attacking defenses not set, finding seams, etc. and waits for a play to develop in his probing PG style. He's not on his game if given different looks and pressure. He'll become hesitant, tentative, maybe unsure, but is he afraid of contact or physical play? No. Is he intimidated by some defenders? Yes. I feel that Lin knows deep down he doesn't handle the ball well and here's where I think his eagerness to get it out of his hands like it is a hot potato sometimes is exposed. He doesn't mind going one-on-one but he's vulnerable there to good defenders to getting his pocket picked and I think he knows that. He has a beat you off the dribble mentality, but not really an ISO and shake and bake you mentality.

In this game against the Mavs early this year, look at how fast and decisive he is and how he brings the ball up and moves compared to the plodding pace he often plays with the first unit. Look how physical he plays on defense forcing guys into bad shots and against much, much bigger guys. The idea of this "scared" Lin is unfortunate. I understand why some think it but it's not entirely what is going on.

Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Lin has been inconsistent offensively.

Defensively, he's been pretty decent. Consistently.

Kobe asked him to work on being a defensive stopper because he does have the tools for it height. Speed.

Offensively, I'm not too worried. Everyone looks confused out there. Practice has primarily been defense-focused and will likely remain that way until the team shows that they 'get it'.

After that they will work on the offense. When everyone knows where they're supposed to be and what they're supposed to do it will give Lin more operating room.

For now, the offense isn't much more than 5 guys playing a pickup game because they don't have a feel for each other.

So I think it's too early to judge any of our players. Sure, we can complain after each game, but I truly expect this team to play totally different 4 months from now. That means no playoffs, but we may see some promising play that we can build off of.

Really dude???? You're going to throw common sense into this???
BTW - thank you!
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

Honestly, all this stuff about what he did on the Knicks, the epic soap opera some of you are writing on his time in Houston, the celebrity-stalker type projections of what you think is making him struggle is all so unnecessary in the discussion of his tenure with the Lakers.

He's in a great situation with Byron and Kobe. They given him every opportunity to showcase his talent. Granted, this isn't the most talented roster. But in the NBA, you can either be extremely lucky and get plopped into a great system/coaching staff/personnel or you have to be able to show GMs that you're the type of exceptional talent that's worth adding to a core, even when you're on a bad team.

So far, Lin's not shown anything that would warrant Mitch signing him to a contract other than as a backup. That's on him. No excuses.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 111 of 503
Jump to: