OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyperX
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
HyperX wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
cyclo7 wrote:
Lin has all-star ability and is definitely a starting PG in this league. He just needs the right coach and the right system.

The people who think he's backup material (because he's Asian) couldn't be more wrong.

No one has said he's a backup because he's asian please don't bring race into the convo.

Lin's a a turnover machine with 1 less turnover than Kobe this game. He needs to work on that and protect the ball better.

But it's obvious from his shooting percentage that Lin has a terrible shot and isn't starting point guard material over Fisher or Chalmers ever. His free throw percentage really needs a boost as well.

That's perfect foolproof logic.

How many TOs did Conley have last night? Looked to be around the same amount as Lin to me. How many steals? You know a steal can cancel out a TO.

That's irrelevant, it's only when Lin makes a turnover that we can make a big thing about it.

Kobe's 4 turnovers is nothing because he's a HOF superstar and the best shooter in the team making him blameless forevermore. We should be thankful he's on this team for a hometown discount. Conley turned the ball over 3 times, same as Lin, but Lin is judged by a different separate higher standard from everyone.
HyperX
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
rtype wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
Lin needs a reliable jump shot then he'll be a complete offensive player.

o rilly?

Yes really! His inconsistency stems from the lack of a solid jumper. He's really good at driving to the hoop but when the defense collapse on him and he's not getting calls then he shuts down. With a solid jump shot the defense will have to respect that and he can blow by his opponents.

Must be why he has that horrible shooting percentage. Bad jumper.

I'm scratching my head about the bad jump shot. He's been shooting the mid-range shot great. His 3 ball shot has been better than average. Where is this bad jumper? It isn't a quick shot, maybe he can work at getting it off quicker but he has at least a good jump shot.

he failed the 'eye test' apparently.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
rtype wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:

o rilly?

Yes really! His inconsistency stems from the lack of a solid jumper. He's really good at driving to the hoop but when the defense collapse on him and he's not getting calls then he shuts down. With a solid jump shot the defense will have to respect that and he can blow by his opponents.

I'm scratching my head about the bad jump shot. He's been shooting the mid-range shot great. His 3 ball shot has been better than average. Where is this bad jumper? It isn't a quick shot, maybe he can work at getting it off quicker but he has at least a good jump shot.

His shooting is fine, the stats do not lie. If there's a couple of things to gripe about stat-wise, it would be his assist to TO ratio and his usage rate, especially in the 4th quarters.

There's stuff to gripe about but why is someone saying he doesn't shoot a midrange well when the last 3 games it is his mid-range shot that he has been featuring and making?

To get assists others have to make shots. I think Lin would have higher assists with Ryan Anderson on the team, or Aldridge, or Clay Thompson. When Hill or Boozer are making their shots Lin's assists go up. He gets the ball to them fine, the assist comes if they make the shot. The bigs also miss some point-blank shots as well. But the stat is what it is, and I hope it improves.

That's true. Last night he had a bunch of beautiful setups to have the bigs clank them. He played really well, was aggressive in the 1st quarter and was iced for a good while. Byron doesn't realize yet that Lin plays better when given more minutes, that was the key to his success in NYC. His current 30mins/game is just a bit more than what he was getting in Houston. He's in his prime so not sure why he's getting the least minutes of all the starters on a nightly basis.

If I was to honestly gripe about Lin's game it's a few things:

1) Confidence - He is getting better in normal game situations however I still question his nerves in big games and in clutch situations. He should have showed up both instances against Houston. He still seems content to give the ball up and get out of the way in crunch time situations, I think he will need to overcome this barrier.

2) Handles and TOs - Statistcially, I think his TOs is higher than it should be, some as a result of bad passes and others just bad dribbling and control.

3) Consistency - This is tied to #1. He needs to have more solid outings than 50 or 60%. It'd be nice to see him show up 75-80%% of the time.

It's nice to see him develop a midrange game though and good to see him getting more comfortable with Kobe as well.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

Not sure why Byron only plays him 30 mins a game. It's almost as if he has a time limit for him. If he's playing well leave him in. Last night he was balling out in the first quarter, yet he takes him out early and doesn't bring him back until halfway through the second...it makes no sense to me at all.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
rtype wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:

o rilly?

His shooting is fine, the stats do not lie. If there's a couple of things to gripe about stat-wise, it would be his assist to TO ratio and his usage rate, especially in the 4th quarters.

There's stuff to gripe about but why is someone saying he doesn't shoot a midrange well when the last 3 games it is his mid-range shot that he has been featuring and making?

To get assists others have to make shots. I think Lin would have higher assists with Ryan Anderson on the team, or Aldridge, or Clay Thompson. When Hill or Boozer are making their shots Lin's assists go up. He gets the ball to them fine, the assist comes if they make the shot. The bigs also miss some point-blank shots as well. But the stat is what it is, and I hope it improves.

That's true. Last night he had a bunch of beautiful setups to have the bigs clank them. He played really well, was aggressive in the 1st quarter and was iced for a good while. Byron doesn't realize yet that Lin plays better when given more minutes, that was the key to his success in NYC. His current 30mins/game is just a bit more than what he was getting in Houston. He's in his prime so not sure why he's getting the least minutes of all the starters on a nightly basis.

1) Confidence - He is getting better in normal game situations however I still question his nerves in big games and in clutch situations. He should have showed up both instances against Houston. He still seems content to give the ball up and get out of the way in crunch time situations, I think he will need to overcome this barrier.

2) Handles and TOs - Statistcially, I think his TOs is higher than it should be, some as a result of bad passes and others just bad dribbling and control.

3) Consistency - This is tied to #1. He needs to have more solid outings than 50 or 60%. It'd be nice to see him show up 75-80%% of the time.

It's nice to see him develop a midrange game though and good to see him getting more comfortable with Kobe as well.

in clutch time he seems indecisive, whether to give the ball to kobe or take the shot himself. he needs to take the best shot and make the best decision. he got trapped in lane and had to give up a crappy pass and ended up Kobe TO. hes normalyl great in the 4th but right now hes so indecisive because normally kobe takes those shots. step up kid. i know he wont hav ea problem just going thru motions. kobe and lin are playing great together
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

cyclo7 wrote:
Lin has all-star ability and is definitely a starting PG in this league. He just needs the right coach and the right system.

The people who think he's backup material couldn't be more wrong.

it's kind of sad that lin would need the right coach and system to be good. he shoudl be goo dno matter what. i can also say the same iwth many players in the league, that players would be better in the right system and coach.

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
I don't care what happened once.

The only way Lin is the starting point guard on a contending team is if he becomes good enough to be one of the star himself. Otherwise he'd always be stuck on the bench in a wierd role where he will look like a star some night and like a scrub some other.

My point is Lin isn't good enough to be a Lilliard, a Parker and he isn't a particularly good fit next too a superstar who's gonna handle the ball. Therefore in my opinion he's not a starter on a contending team.

im a big lin fan but i agree where he is at the moment. until he becomes more consistent and able to beat doubel teams and not just dump the ball blah blah. he needs to exert his dominance like he did in the first half altl he time. but grizz is the best team in teh west and played tough D on lin and lakers

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
cyclo7 wrote:

it's kind of sad that lin would need the right coach and system to be good. he shoudl be goo dno matter what. i can also say the same iwth many players in the league, that players would be better in the right system and coach.

There are very FEW players that can be good in every system and situation. The team looked best when Lin was running it in the first quarter. New York looked better with him running the team than they did with Melo. In Houston he never got the chance because Harden runs the show.

Scott pulled him with 3 minutes left in the 1st and brought him back in with 6 minutes left in the second. His rotations are pretty crappy. Lin NEEDS to be on the floor when Kobe sits. I don't know why he doesn't see that.
HyperX
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
cyclo7 wrote:

There are very FEW players that can be good in every system and situation. The team looked best when Lin was running it in the first quarter. New York looked better with him running the team than they did with Melo. In Houston he never got the chance because Harden runs the show.

Scott pulled him with 3 minutes left in the 1st and brought him back in with 6 minutes left in the second. His rotations are pretty crappy. Lin NEEDS to be on the floor when Kobe sits. I don't know why he doesn't see that.

From Scott's rotations, I do not think he is trying to win games.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

HyperX wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
cyclo7 wrote:

From Scott's rotations, I do not think he is trying to win games.

Lol! You are probably correct. Oh well, the tank lives on. Why did I pay for League Pass????
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
Not sure why Byron only plays him 30 mins a game. It's almost as if he has a time limit for him. If he's playing well leave him in. Last night he was balling out in the first quarter, yet he takes him out early and doesn't bring him back until halfway through the second...it makes no sense to me at all.

I am a fan of Lin and I do want to see him playing more min. but I am guessing why he only played 30 mins last night was because Price was actually playing very well last night also.

I don't see Scott playing the Lin Price line up recently after Young comes back. So I am guessing Scott sees Price playing well and leave him in for a bit longer maybe.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

I am a fan of Lin and I do want to see him playing more min. but I am guessing why he only played 30 mins last night was because Price was actually playing very well last night also.

I don't see Scott playing the Lin Price line up recently after Young comes back. So I am guessing Scott sees Price playing well and leave him in for a bit longer maybe.

Price played good last night and he deserve more min. But vs. Nuggets, Price played 17 min. 0 pts, 0 ast. 2 TO. How to explain this?
shark-lin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

If Lin can develop into an offensive threat like Steph Curry..that would be unbelievable! I believe it can be done. Steph isn't super athletic but damn he is a good shooter!
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Steph is the best shooter in the game today, he can drain it with any small opening. His release is super quick too, don't think Lin will ever get to that level.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Compare to become a shooter, Lin is more suitable to become a organizer. Will be very great if he has average 15 points and 10 assists.
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
rtype wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:

o rilly?

Not to make excuses but TOs are ALWAYS higher if you have new team and new system.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject:

MorlockO wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
rtype wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:

o rilly?

Not to make excuses but TOs are ALWAYS higher if you have new team and new system.

That's correct. It will get better when build the chemistry.
rtype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
MorlockO wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
rtype wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:

o rilly?

That's correct. It will get better when build the chemistry.

wow what a beautiful quote pattern!
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

The funny thing about all this back and forth is that almost all of his metrics are UP from last year. Yes he's taking a one less shot a game, and his turnovers are a bit higher. But his shooting accuracy is significantly better from almost all distances and his assist rate is higher.

Not stuff that should be generating a ton of controversy either way.
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

The only thing fans should be griping about Lin right now is his playing time and his lack of shots. His efficiency is way better than Kobe's right now but Lin should be shooting the ball at least 12-15 shots per game.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject:

2 biggest gripes
1) Byron's rotation, he needs to play Lin more minutes, he sits Lin way too long even when he's hot
2) Let Lin run the show and have Kobe coming off screens more.
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
cyclo7 wrote:

Cannot agree more, will benefit Kobe and Lin both.
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject:

MorlockO wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
rtype wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:

o rilly?

Also when guys getting tired, being hesitant, passive, or game plan too predictable.
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
Steph is the best shooter in the game today, he can drain it with any small opening. His release is super quick too, don't think Lin will ever get to that level.

He gets that from his dad, Dell Curry. Steph is one of, if not, the top PG out there right now and should be part of MVP considerations.
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Is lin on the trading block?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 123 of 503
Jump to: