OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Sorry if this has been posted already... trade speculation has Bledsoe for Lin, Hill + pick

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/62182/20141217/nba-trade-rumors.htm

Quote:

An anonymous GM said:

"It's now a question of leverage. Bledsoe is a great player but he is not irreplaceable and he has an injury history. That would tilt the odds in the Suns' favor. But the Suns were so close to the playoff picture last year, they don't want to get derailed with an awkward situation. So they would rather trade Bledsoe for a player they could use and move on."

For the team that would want to trade for Bledsoe, they should be ready to pay the max contract - $64 million over 4 years. Who else can do that but top market teams.

Enter the Lakers, but here's the big question: who can they offer to match Bledsoe's contract? For the salaries to match, one of either Steve Nash or Jeremy Lin must be a part of the trade. From Lake Show Life: "In order to make the salaries match, the Lakers need to use Jeremy Lin in trade. The Lakers are out of cap room. According to the Basketball Insiders Phoenix Suns page, the Suns have $19.9 million available since Eric Bledsoe isn't signed."

Last edited by laserboy on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Obviously we shouldn't turn it into a PG centered offense but the offense does need to cater to the strengths of its personnel, or else you're just wasting resources.

Out of the 20 half court plays from the Pacer game that I covered in the X's and O's thread, 16 of the plays called for the point guard to pass the ball to the wing and then stand there. Three of other four plays positioned a Laker player directly in the driving path of the point guard.

You can't expect any point guard to play up to his capabilities in these circumstances, and that includes Price.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted already... trade rumor has Bledsoe for Lin, Hill + pick

Quote:

An anonymous GM said:

"It's now a question of leverage. Bledsoe is a great player but he is not irreplaceable and he has an injury history. That would tilt the odds in the Suns' favor. But the Suns were so close to the playoff picture last year, they don't want to get derailed with an awkward situation. So they would rather trade Bledsoe for a player they could use and move on."

For the team that would want to trade for Bledsoe, they should be ready to pay the max contract - $64 million over 4 years. Who else can do that but top market teams.

Enter the Lakers, but here's the big question: who can they offer to match Bledsoe's contract? For the salaries to match, one of either Steve Nash or Jeremy Lin must be a part of the trade. From Lake Show Life: "In order to make the salaries match, the Lakers need to use Jeremy Lin in trade. The Lakers are out of cap room. According to the Basketball Insiders Phoenix Suns page, the Suns have $19.9 million available since Eric Bledsoe isn't signed."

Not a rumor. Just someone's idea.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
laserboy wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted already... trade rumor has Bledsoe for Lin, Hill + pick

Quote:

An anonymous GM said:

Yes, I had just edited my post replacing the word rumor with "speculation". Thanks for catching that.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
laserboy wrote:

Quote:

An anonymous GM said:

Yes, I had just edited my post replacing the word rumor with "speculation". Thanks for catching that.

Kdramstar is not a very reliable source.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Avada wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Lin dominated the ball and the played well without Melo/Harden

Kobe played every game this season.
We don't know what happen if Kobe rests some games.

No team is going to let freaking Lin be the primary ball-handler. Role players don't dominate the ball. Accept it. Jesus.

he has to improve, that's the reality...

One thing Lin needs to improve is his chemistry with the bench. Swaggy seems to be the leader... "There’s no pressure over here. As long as they pass me the ball, they get a chance to shoot in my unit,” Young said, laughing.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/practice/141218_benchproduces

“I think Jeremy’s just got to play more relaxed, get out of his head, stop worrying about shots falling or if he’s coming out of the game,” Young said. “Just play how he’s been playing all of his life, really.”

Good advice ...
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Unstable
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject:

JLin should just go ahead and play the way he'd like to since he's already consigned to the 2nd unit. Might as well built up some stats for his next contract.

The other coaches won't be able to "see" how cooperative he is/was working with BS - those stuff don't get into his resume. Most of the FO will be looking at data analytics to consider if he'd fit in or close to whatever scheme that their team will be working towards.

So stocking up on on his stats will give him more choices/opportunity when his contract ends this season. My own take is - I'd really like JLin to study all aspect of the game as I can see him being able to coach future NBA teams...

but at this phase he needs to show some better results than what he has shown so far...
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak intended to keep Jeremy Lin in the purple-and-gold organization for the remainder of his career, according to Bleacher Report writer Kevin Ding.

Ding, who has served as the Lakers beat writer for more than 15 years, stated that Kupchack's plan ever since he acquired Lin from the Houston Rockets last offseason was to keep Lin a Laker for the rest of the point guard's career.

Backup PG
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
laserboy wrote:

Quote:

An anonymous GM said:

That was prior to the season when Bledsoe wasn't signed.
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak intended to keep Jeremy Lin in the purple-and-gold organization for the remainder of his career, according to Bleacher Report writer Kevin Ding.

Ding, who has served as the Lakers beat writer for more than 15 years, stated that Kupchack's plan ever since he acquired Lin from the Houston Rockets last offseason was to keep Lin a Laker for the rest of the point guard's career.

Backup PG

Lol... Ding didn't even say that. The writer didn't read what Ding wrote or didn't process it.

Ding Wrote:

Quote:
Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has been interested in bringing Lin to this team basically his whole professional career.

Nothing about keeping him his whole career.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
Let's stop talking abt Lin for a sec...How abt Price's FG%?

One good game in 10 nights is not even considered a NBA player and that is how I judged Price's performance so far.

Look, You&I can both be consistently bad too.. Why can't we get a good contract and start for the Lakers like Price did?

Are you gonna tell me he is comparable to Lin?

In your opinion, it sounds like if Lin can't put up Linsanity-type performance(meanwhile keep Kobe/Swaggy/Boozer happy and that means he will be playing w/out the ball at a lot of time), he should be benched for a scrub and hence even out of this league! Do you know how ridiculous it sounds?

Whatever the reasons are for benching Lin, if he keeps up his poor performance then there's no regaining his starter spot. I can see a scenario in 10 games' time where Clarkson gets starter minutes if neither Lin nor Price pick up their game.

But as we all know, Lin has been inconsistent, which means that he'll soon start to have some good games.

This time, I have to disagree with you. Lin is always a consistent player in my eyes. He just doesn't have IT. He just tended to take a sit back whenever a superstar is playing with him. He simply just needs to man up for the team and mostly for himself. His talent is there. He was just too obedient to his coaches or teammates. He was just too nice.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
laserboy wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:

One good game in 10 nights is not even considered a NBA player and that is how I judged Price's performance so far.

Look, You&I can both be consistently bad too.. Why can't we get a good contract and start for the Lakers like Price did?

In your opinion, it sounds like if Lin can't put up Linsanity-type performance(meanwhile keep Kobe/Swaggy/Boozer happy and that means he will be playing w/out the ball at a lot of time), he should be benched for a scrub and hence even out of this league! Do you know how ridiculous it sounds?

Whatever the reasons are for benching Lin, if he keeps up his poor performance then there's no regaining his starter spot. I can see a scenario in 10 games' time where Clarkson gets starter minutes if neither Lin nor Price pick up their game.

But as we all know, Lin has been inconsistent, which means that he'll soon start to have some good games.

This time, I have to disagree with you. Lin is always a consistent player in my eyes. He just doesn't have IT. He just tended to take a sit back whenever a superstar is playing with him. He simply just needs to man up for the team and mostly for himself. His talent is there. He was just too obedient to his coaches or teammates. He was just too nice.

Maybe the coaches want to do some balance between superstar and role players.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
laserboy wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:

Yes, Lin absolutely has talent and he's been working hard his whole career to develop it. Only he knows why things are the way they are, but the results have, at times, been inconsistent. Even within a single game. (Please don't ask me to cite references because you and I both know we'll end up debating minutiae without convincing the other person)

What do you mean by "he just doesn't have IT", ie how do you define "IT"?
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

He's just gotta play, I can't stand watching him be so passive. Maybe he just doesn't have that killer instinct in him. Too many times, he just comes down and passes the ball, he needs to just call for a PnR. He's already on the bench, who cares if Byron is in your ear or Boozer or Young, just come down and call a damn PnR. Only Problem I see is, when it's Hill or Boozer they just just pop instead of roll which complicates matter as well. Still perplexed why he doesn't play more with Davis. I mean it only makes 100000% that they should be on the floor together.
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

This is where the Lakers can spend some money and hire a sports psychologist to work with Jeremy. It'll be the best money they ever spent.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject:

allyoop wrote:
This is where the Lakers can spend some money and hire a sports psychologist to work with Jeremy. It'll be the best money they ever spent.

Ha, I wonder if teams still use motivational guys like Tony Robbins.

Not that many decades ago whenever someone who could do well but didn't, was labeled either lazy or stupid, and the prescription was always "try harder sport!". Times have changed.

Lin has the financial resources to get himself the best help in the world. This is an older example, but it's done wonders for guys like Andre Aggassi.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tony-robbins-andre-agassi-rebound-success-2014-11
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Jeremy doesn't need a psychologist. He needs a reverend/minister. God is what drives him and he needs to run with that.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Jeremy doesn't need a psychologist. He needs a reverend/minister. God is what drives him and he needs to run with that.

It doesn't need to be either/or, it can be both. I'm for anything that helps him.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject:

According to many, he needs an Anti-Christ.....I know bad joke considering the time of year.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
allyoop wrote:

Not that many decades ago whenever someone who could do well but didn't, was labeled either lazy or stupid, and the prescription was always "try harder sport!". Times have changed.

Lin has the financial resources to get himself the best help in the world. This is an older example, but it's done wonders for guys like Andre Aggassi.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tony-robbins-andre-agassi-rebound-success-2014-11

Funny thing is that Tony Robbins actually helped Byron Scott.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
laserboy wrote:
allyoop wrote:

Funny thing is that Tony Robbins actually helped Byron Scott.

Is that ironic or what!?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted already... trade speculation has Bledsoe for Lin, Hill + pick

Quote:

An anonymous GM said:

Was this written in the offseason? Bledsoe is signed through 2019 and the Suns have around $3 mil in cap space.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:

Nice guys can be great ballers, just look at rubio, dirk, nash or duncan. You don't necessarily have to be an a-hole or the killer instinct of a mj or kobe. But you can't play timid or always do exactly what the coach says, you need some cockiness and self confidence to play your game. I dunno what happened to the cocky lin from nyc with the wagging blue tongue or he is gonna be relegated to a minor bench player if he doesn't (bleep) himself.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
laserboy wrote:
Kevin Ding weighs in on Lin's fit with the Lakers...

Video here:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2304219-kevin-ding-why-jeremy-lin-has-been-such-a-bad-fit-in-with-the-lakers

Jeremy Lin "fanatics" ... oh, those columnists...

There are Jeremy Lin fanatics and conspiracy theorists. Ding is a fair reporter.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Renmei wrote:
laserboy wrote:

Nice guys can be great ballers, just look at rubio, dirk, nash or duncan. You don't necessarily have to be an a-hole or the killer instinct of a mj or kobe. But you can't play timid or always do exactly what the coach says, you need some cockiness and self confidence to play your game. I dunno what happened to the cocky lin from nyc with the wagging blue tongue or he is gonna be relegated to a minor bench player if he doesn't (bleep) himself.

When Lin is "cocky", he's a very, very effective and dangerous player. He hasn't really shown that much at all as a Laker. I think he came closest in the Clippers game when he waved off whoever he wanted and the Boston game where he was uber aggressive going to the hole. Outside of that, he's just shown some flashes, but has been a complementary player, not looking to dominate and have in his mind he can't be stopped from scoring or making plays.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 196 of 503
Jump to: