OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 322, 323, 324 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Mikster wrote:
Is it me or does it look like Lin is playing on a different mode today? Normally after missing 4-5 shoots he normally retrieves into passing mode but to he's just attacking and chunking shots up even in bad positions.

He went into DGAF mode tonight.

hes playing like its his last game, because he got DNP , he even said it after in the post interview. ithink he will continue to play like that as he should, cept pls run more pnr and involve the team.. tonight he tried linsanity but that only worked if has a rolling big.
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
rybee wrote:
Mikster wrote:
Is it me or does it look like Lin is playing on a different mode today? Normally after missing 4-5 shoots he normally retrieves into passing mode but to he's just attacking and chunking shots up even in bad positions.

He went into DGAF mode tonight.

hes playing like its his last game, because he got DNP , he even said it after in the post interview. ithink he will continue to play like that as he should, cept pls run more pnr and involve the team.. tonight he tried linsanity but that only worked if has a rolling big.

Well, it wasn't really Linsanity because in addition to Lin going to the hole, he had a lot more PnR and working with the big man in addition to finding the 3 point gunner and the cutters and often for lobs. Only part of Linsanity that was really there was him going to the hole and having a big 4Q.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject:

I liked what he did tonight, total DGAF mode. I wish he played more like that this season. Attacking the rack relentlessly, he's at his best when he's attacking then passing if he needs to. Unfortunately with the way BS coaches, we won't know if he'll get another chance.
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I only watched the last quarter, but I love his look. He had that spirit coming back to him. That's the Lin that I'm fond of.
LIN17
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
I liked what he did tonight, total DGAF mode. I wish he played more like that this season. Attacking the rack relentlessly, he's at his best when he's attacking then passing if he needs to. Unfortunately with the way BS coaches, we won't know if he'll get another chance.

This part of his game depends on if the refs will give him calls. Otherwise, its just a bad shot or turn over. He needs other options to expand his game when the refs are swallowing the whistle.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject:

LIN17 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

This part of his game depends on if the refs will give him calls. Otherwise, its just a bad shot or turn over. He needs other options to expand his game when the refs are swallowing the whistle.

I think tonight, they did a better job of setting a high pick for him. He always gets fouled, but I think today, he was really embellishing the flop, like swinging his head back.
LIN17
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
LIN17 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

I think tonight, they did a better job of setting a high pick for him. He always gets fouled, but I think today, he was really embellishing the flop, like swinging his head back.

He did that many times in the past. The refs don't care. Still remember the blatant foul from DJ in the first Clippers game? The ref just swallowed the whistle as he body checked Lin.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject:

I'm not the biggest Lin fan but he can play and he can help a team. Problem is he wants so badly to appease Byron while Byron just keeps breaking his confidence. Plus, when he is out there with Kob, he's got his tail between his legs.

It'd be funny if somehow we got another first for him but since that is doubtful we should try and keep him engaged and developing so maybe we could resign him to a much friendlier deal and keep a bench of Lin/Swaggy/Kelly/Black/Davis
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject:

LIN17 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
LIN17 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

He did that many times in the past. The refs don't care. Still remember the blatant foul from DJ in the first Clippers game? The ref just swallowed the whistle as he body checked Lin.

The difference tonight is he was aggressive, refs see you being aggressive they'll give you those calls.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
I'm not the biggest Lin fan but he can play and he can help a team. Problem is he wants so badly to appease Byron while Byron just keeps breaking his confidence. Plus, when he is out there with Kob, he's got his tail between his legs.

It'd be funny if somehow we got another first for him but since that is doubtful we should try and keep him engaged and developing so maybe we could resign him to a much friendlier deal and keep a bench of Lin/Swaggy/Kelly/Black/Davis

I agree with you. Lin is just too self conscientious, always tried to play up to others' expectations. Along the way, he gradually lost his swag.... This is basically the story of Lin after Linsanity.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject:

i hear byron had a little talk with Lin after the DNP. i wonder how that went..

byron: i see you almost got us back in the game the other day vs NO, that was unacceptable. that's why you got the DNP. i don't want to have to give you another one so do as i say. alright? remember the routine. just hand the ball to SwaaaagggyP, set some screens, and play some damn defense. alright? can you do that for me? don't try and be the hero out there

lin: sure thing boss (goes out and scores 12pts in the 4th quarter)
rockets killer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

LOL lakers, you already paid LIN big money, please please please it's time to run Linsainty. What do you have to lose?

Don't throw Clarkson in the deep end, he is not ready for it. Clarkson 2nd unit. Price PG and Lin SG wasn't that bad also.
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:

I expect Lin to play less than 20 minutes in the next game... if he's lucky. BS will have no aggressiveness on Lin's part. Lin's job is to feed the big men for their long 2 and pass to Nick Young for the 3. Oh wait.. that is if Young is even playing.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

will be interesting to see how lin plays frmo now on...unless hes benched for rest of season lol.

with this new dgaf mentality in mind, might see his fg go down quite a bit but his FT go up. he struggles between appeasing his team/coach, but mostly coach to be what eh coach wants, but when realyl if he needs to prove that he can play his own way while playing within the system and can still succeed. guy has no balls.

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

great decision to play like its his last Laker game. come down slugging man!
LinKobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

I hope the way Jeremy was playing last night is an indication that he's finally getting in touch with the reality of the situation at the Lakers. The reality of course is that everybody is looking out for their self and their own stats. There's no point being a team player and being a goody two-shoes on a tanking team where the coach don't care whether you play well or not. When Jeremy is on the court, he should just keep doing what he did in the 4th quarter of last night and drive and look to shoot first and pick out teammates if he has no shot on. It's contract year and all NBA pros appreciate that that's what you have to do in Jeremy's situation. NBA is cut-throat and it's a struggle to stay in it so padding your stats, when you can, and putting pressure on BS to not drop you down the pecking order is the smart thing to do. Sure his stats are already way better than JC's or Price's but they're not so astonishing that the media and fans would tear BS up for dropping him. If he started dropping about 20/6 a night a lot, then press will heap more pressure on BS.

I love watching Jeremy when he DGAF and Lakers also benefit by driving up his trade value which is the best everyone can hope for because it's obvious Lakers won't be resigning him with BS in charge and Lin won't want to stay either.
lifeless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

I don't think it's such a big deal he went off in the 4th qtr, he used to do this in houston too, he would have a slow start, scoring close to nothing in first 3 qtrs, and then get his in the 4th.
The difference is mchale's small brain figured that out and played him in the 4th qtr on a contending team even though he goes scoreless. It's a shame though that b.scott's small brain doesn't have the capacity to figure it out.

I don't think it was idgaf mode, unless he felt that way all last season. If he really felt threatened of losing pt, I'm pretty sure he would've done this early on (driving to the basket).

i expect to see the same passive lin back soon, it's not like he's going to keep throwing his body and risking injury due to the teams lack of floor spread.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

LIN17 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

I agree or when there is a rim protector. He has that half-spin, turn-around, semi-fade shot he can go to. The only thing is, he can get himself in trouble if he's in the paint, so he should do it outside of the paint. He doesn't seem to trust his floater, so that's what he should go to.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

I don't know. I think Lin wants minutes and to be a closer. If he is a backup to someone like Dragic, and gets the 28-30 mintues a game, he'll be OK. But if he is only getting 20 minutes, he won't be happy. I don't think he cares for Byron's coaching either. So, Lin will probably not be in LA for next season.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

rockets killer wrote:
LOL lakers, you already paid LIN big money, please please please it's time to run Linsainty. What do you have to lose?

Don't throw Clarkson in the deep end, he is not ready for it. Clarkson 2nd unit. Price PG and Lin SG wasn't that bad also.

Not bad. Price and Lin can play together. Lin at 2 is sometimes more productive than Lin at 1 because he looks for his shot more and doesn't initiate the offense yet can still facilitate from the 2.
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

Seems like Lin has been trying to get players involved in the first half (as per BS) and than when nothings happening, he turns it on for the 2nd half - unfortunately, its usually too late by that time.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
Seems like Lin has been trying to get players involved in the first half (as per BS) and than when nothings happening, he turns it on for the 2nd half - unfortunately, its usually too late by that time.

he knows that's the best way to win a game.

he knows that he can't win the game all by himself. nobody can. how many times have you seen a PG (like kyrie) going off and scoring a boat load of points but still ends up losing the game?

he needs his teammates to get going. players are more engaged in offense AND defense when they get to touch the ball, and get to score. and once the opposing D adjusts to that, that's when he can attack and close out the game.

for lin, an ideal game would be all starters scoring in double digits. and most of his teammates cannot create shots for themselves and as a PG, he wants to get them the ball a few times to get a few shots off, and hopefully get a few of them going. and this is when a good offense system is critical. with a good system, players who can't create their own shots get better looks, especially the bigs. with a crappy system like what we've seen, the only look we get are contest long jumpers, and that's only because the opposing D wants to give it to us.

it's not about playing timid or not. it's about trying to win a game, and he believes that he needs his teammates scoring and engaged to do that.
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
2019 wrote:

I don't know. I think Lin wants minutes and to be a closer. If he is a backup to someone like Dragic, and gets the 28-30 mintues a game, he'll be OK. But if he is only getting 20 minutes, he won't be happy. I don't think he cares for Byron's coaching either. So, Lin will probably not be in LA for next season.

Lin mentioned before that the offense doesn't have good spacing. And obviously he doesn't like the fact that he's not getting consistent playing time and that it's throwing his game and confidence off.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject:

villavs wrote:
bws94 wrote:
2019 wrote:

Lin mentioned before that the offense doesn't have good spacing. And obviously he doesn't like the fact that he's not getting consistent playing time and that it's throwing his game and confidence off.

spacing is an issue becauase teams know the lakers have crappy shooters, and no one that play sinside. when lin drives, they double him. last night was an example of that. lin kept trying to drive so tehy just crowd him.

tough game to watch. plus no one seemed engaged at all in the game. lin seemd like the only one running back on defense. he kept getting scored on for fast breaks lol. i wonder if the team likes byron....

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
villavs wrote:
bws94 wrote:
2019 wrote:

spacing is an issue becauase teams know the lakers have crappy shooters, and no one that play sinside. when lin drives, they double him. last night was an example of that. lin kept trying to drive so tehy just crowd him.

tough game to watch. plus no one seemed engaged at all in the game. lin seemd like the only one running back on defense. he kept getting scored on for fast breaks lol. i wonder if the team likes byron....

Yeah. Seeing Lin often being the only one back on defense while the rest of the team just jogs was annoying.

I was surprised at how many 3 on 1 breaks the Rockets messed up with only Lin there to defend.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 322, 323, 324 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 323 of 503
Jump to: