OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Woodson is a truly awful coach tho. Mr. Potato head with a beard.

MDA got the shaft in LA, he was hearing "we want Phil!" chants two games into his tenure
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Lin is not the only player with strong religious convictions, so I'm not sure how one would conclude that "It all comes down to (Lin's) deeply seated belief in <DOG>". As much as everyone seems to enjoy dissecting J Lin, this is probably one area best left out of the discussion.

Thanks for setting this straight.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Lin looked really annoyed this game against the Suns. Nobody was moving on offense. Nobody setting picks. Nobody rolling. He almost threw a fit.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Who Takes The Blame wrote:
The only coach that fits perfect with Lin is D'Antoni

This.

I wonder if Lin was on their radar at all when they gave MDA the heave-ho. You couldn't plot a more backasswards offseason if you tried.

I think MDA was gone....it didn't matter if Lin was best suited for his type of game....his lack of emphasis on defense is what killed him. The majority of fans didn't want him, former players who played in the organization didn't want him around. MDA could've made it more entertaining but as to winning enough games to make the playoffs? No way. The MDA offense only worked in Phoenix because they had the pieces to effectively run it. In New York and LA? Nope.

Well we got Byron Scott who has been emphasizing defense. Oh wait...

SHOWTIME!
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Lin looked really annoyed this game against the Suns. Nobody was moving on offense. Nobody setting picks. Nobody rolling. He almost threw a fit.

I saw him jump stomp while he was dribbling, I wonder if it was because he was frustrated or was he trying to regain his balance.
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I want to give Lin a little bit more time to figure it out with the starters, but man he looks bad right now. The whole team minus Kobe does. This is pathetic.
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
The only coach that fits perfect with Lin is D'Antoni

D'Antoni fits perfect with damn near every point guard. That's his thing.
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

https://vine.co/v/OMF2OjKnIqm/embed
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

-Showtime- wrote:

Yeah it's all Kobe's fault. What that gif doesn't tell you is that Lin played timid and turnover prone all game.
DaveAtCFansCanSMD
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

I noticed the same thing. Seems like no one wants to run a play or listen to what the PG is trying to set up. One time when Lin was dribbling up the court, Boozer and someone else weren't even looking towards Lin when he was trying to call out a play. I've also noticed that coach is catering the ball to mostly Kobe ISO plays while Lin's job is to just dribble up the court and hand it off to Kobe after a lazy screen up top. Lin can get buckets and help out on the offensive end but 5 FGA/game isn't gonna cut it. Coach needs to change his game plan ASAP.
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
-Showtime- wrote:

Yeah it's all Kobe's fault. What that gif doesn't tell you is that Lin played timid and turnover prone all game.

It that what you drew from that? It was just one play.

I do agree he played timid deferring to Kobe but turnover prone? He had 2 turnovers to Boozer's 8.

Last edited by -Showtime- on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Yeah, he was pissed at Hill for being at the wrong spot.
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 19s19 seconds ago
Kobe on Jeremy Lin: "I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense." (on TWC)

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 34s34 seconds ago
Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench & said "you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense & you got to do it."(on TWC)
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if the Lakers will present themselves with trade scenarios involving Lin.... I think he's not a good fit here and the only reason why he's here was because the Rockets wanted to create more cap-space ASAP.... so there is no pressure from the Lakers to keep Lin... if the Lakers are struggling and Lin can't find his groove we might have to look at some options.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject:

nikeykid wrote:
Kobe on Jeremy Lin: "I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense." (on TWC)

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 34s34 seconds ago
Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench & said "you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense & you got to do it."(on TWC)

If you want a lineup where Lin can run the offense then you'd have to start Davis at the 5. And I don't see him moving Hill out of that position any time soon sadly.

In the meantime yes Lin has to be more aggressive, but not to the extent where he's playing outside of himself and forcing the issue. That's not the kind of player he is.

But as long as the starting lineup is Boozer and Hill, then half of what Lin is great at(pick and roll) isn't gonna be happening as neither is a strong roller off the pick then Lin can't do what he does best, operate out of the pick and roll.

Last edited by MJST on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I wonder if the Lakers will present themselves with trade scenarios involving Lin.... I think he's not a good fit here and the only reason why he's here was because the Rockets wanted to create more cap-space ASAP.... so there is no pressure from the Lakers to keep Lin... if the Lakers are struggling and Lin can't find his groove we might have to look at some options.

If Houston needed to give two picks to find a team that would take him...and we trade him when he looks even worse...what the hell are we going to get in a trade for him? Negative assets? This season is going to suck. Just wait for his contract to run out. We'll have a lot of money this off season with his contract, Nash's contract, Hill's, etc all coming off the books.

Last edited by Spill512 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

nikeykid wrote:

We have an offense?
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

was watching my giants most of the night

lin only took 5 shots? one was a halfcourt heave at the buzzer right? that's 4 real shots. that's not enough.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

If Houston needed to give two picks to find a team that would take him...and we trade him when he looks even worse...what the hell are we going to get in a trade for him? Negative assets? This season is going to suck. Just wait for his contract to run out. We'll have a lot of money this off season with his contract, Nash's contract, Hill's, etc all coming off the books.

What will we do with all that cap space? Sign Hill, Johnson, and other role players to one year deals.
back2backlakers2010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Lin's post game Suns interview.

K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
If Houston needed to give us two picks for them to dump him...and we trade him when he looks even worse...what the hell are we going to get in a trade for him? Negative assets? This season is going to suck. Just wait for his contract to run out. We'll have a lot of money this off season with his contract, Nash's contract, Hill's, etc all coming off the books.

Hear me... out... I really want Lin to play like an all-star and have a great career as a Laker... but sometimes things just don't go the way you supposed to envision... the same can be said about a lot of players we got in the past but didn't work out.
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Spill512 wrote:
If Houston needed to give us two picks for them to dump him...and we trade him when he looks even worse...what the hell are we going to get in a trade for him? Negative assets? This season is going to suck. Just wait for his contract to run out. We'll have a lot of money this off season with his contract, Nash's contract, Hill's, etc all coming off the books.

Hear me... out... I really want Lin to play like an all-star and have a great career as a Laker... but sometimes things just don't go the way you supposed to envision... the same can be said about a lot of players we got in the past but didn't work out.

Dude it's been 2 games. He's been playing terribly but you know he can play. He showed it in the preseason. He'll get it together.

Besides, no one's gona take Lin right now
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Kobe mentioned that Lin is used to looking over his shoulder all he time, and he needs to get past that. And Lin has to take charge.

Mentioned that he and Fisher would get in heated arguments, but he couldn't love anyone more. Seems like he's telling Lin that it's okay to argue and take charge. It's okay to piss Kobe off. Don't back down.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

back2backlakers2010 wrote:
Lin's post game Suns interview.

He looks and sounds utterly defeated - and he doesn't appear to see any light at the end of the tunnel either.

Hope this is rock bottom for him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters ยท
What's at the top of Jeremy Lin's list to fix. He says: "Everything."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 35 of 503
Jump to: