OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveAtCFansCanSMD
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

nikeykid wrote:
was watching my giants most of the night

lin only took 5 shots? one was a halfcourt heave at the buzzer right? that's 4 real shots. that's not enough.

I honestly think that's what coach has told him to do. It's not his assignment to get buckets. You can clearly see that from the first two games. Otherwise he would be around 10 FGA/game.
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

DaveAtCFansCanSMD wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

lin only took 5 shots? one was a halfcourt heave at the buzzer right? that's 4 real shots. that's not enough.

I honestly think that's what coach has told him to do. It's not his assignment to get buckets. You can clearly see that from the first two games. Otherwise he would be around 10 FGA/game.

Byron already said he lets Price and Lin call their own plays. He doesn't believe in micro managing every play in game and lets the players decide. He said the only person he'll do that with is Clarkson since he's a rookie.

Last edited by Spill512 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
Hope this is rock bottom for him.

It is.... everyone asked him about Linsanity and he said... he wants a new chapter.... well this isn't a good chapter that's for sure....
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Kobe mentioned that Lin is used to looking over his shoulder all he time, and he needs to get past that. And Lin has to take charge.

Mentioned that he and Fisher would get in heated arguments, but he couldn't love anyone more. Seems like he's telling Lin that it's okay to argue and take charge. It's okay to piss Kobe off. Don't back down.

Lin needs to heed his advice and take each and every word to heart.

Because, no one knows better how to co-exist with Kobe than Kobe.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Kobe gave him the green light and he's just being passive.....dude needs to snap out of it...he's not in Houston anymore.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Lin's game relies on dishing out to open 3s... with our offense, the way it is structured, I don't see Lin playing well at all. there are no no shooters on either side, and players are hanging out clogging the lane, so no opening for penetration.

gawd, I miss MDA's floor spacing already.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Lin's game relies on dishing out to open 3s... with our offense, the way it is structured, I don't see Lin playing well at all. there are no no shooters on either side, and players are hanging out clogging the lane, so no opening for penetration.

gawd, I miss MDA's floor spacing already.

He can dish out to the long, contested 2.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

nikeykid wrote:
Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 19s19 seconds ago
Kobe on Jeremy Lin: "I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense." (on TWC)

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 34s34 seconds ago
Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench & said "you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense & you got to do it."(on TWC)

Good. Lin has to learn how to be a total floor general. Lin is a leader but for some reason, he isn't commanding his troops on the floor. It's a quality he has to develop to reach his potential. Lin has Dragic potential to score and even higher to facilitate but something is missing. I hope Kobe can help him find it.
butterfingerz10
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Kobe gave him the green light and he's just being passive.....dude needs to snap out of it...he's not in Houston anymore.

Well it's still really early into the season, so he's got time to snap out of scrub mode.

This team needs Lin's scoring ability now more than ever, and he's being completely passive. Frustrating to say the least.
dxdx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
nikeykid wrote:
Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 19s19 seconds ago
Kobe on Jeremy Lin: "I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense." (on TWC)

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 34s34 seconds ago
Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench & said "you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense & you got to do it."(on TWC)

Good. Lin has to learn how to be a total floor general. Lin is a leader but for some reason, he isn't commanding his troops on the floor. It's a quality he has to develop to reach his potential. Lin has Dragic potential to score and even higher to facilitate but something is missing. I hope Kobe can help him find it.

LOL. no pressure Lin.

Run the fking offense through insipid players who have no idea who to screen and run plays.
purple.23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Lin needs to forget about this defense nonsense for now. He needs to work on jump shots and scoring. I think once he's getting some points on the board, it would actually help on the other areas.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

DaveAtCFansCanSMD wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

don't believe so. it is on Lin... He has to figure out himself
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Lin and Kobe will never work two different kinds of systems, and I had a feeling this would happen.
Lin would have been great with MDA, not good in a slow down which requires him to pass it into a dominant player and become a spot up shooter.
Kobe is still running a triangle and unfortunately he's got no help, and like Shaq says the triangle requires two superstars. Did anyone hear what Robert Horry said?
This NBA is about shooting threes and point guards breaking down defense with penetration and pop.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Kobe wants Lin to run the offense. But the starting bigs are not setting screens or p&r for Lin. Scott should start Ed Davis to play p&r with Lin. Lin likes speedy players for up tempo games when he drives. The 1st unit just doesn't have any one who can run and who is willing to set screens. If Scott can't make the starting bigs to set screens for Lin, he should bench them and start Davis, or he should just let Lin play with the 2nd unit.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

i dunno. i see kobe bringing the ball up the floor a lot when they're paired together. how is that the greenlight?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Kobe wants Lin to run the offense. But the starting bigs are not setting screens or p&r for Lin. Scott should start Ed Davis to play p&r with Lin. Lin likes speedy players for up tempo games when he drives. The 1st unit just doesn't have any one who can run and who is willing to set screens. If Scott can't make the starting bigs to set screens for Lin, he should bench them and start Davis, or he should just let Lin play with the 2nd unit.

I'd say just let lin play with the bench unit. If the starting unit wants to use Phil's triangle and have that point guard stand off ball and launch open threes and play defense well Ronnie Price fits that and that's probably as much responsibility as he should be given.

Lin can be given the heavy responsibility of getting guys on the bench involved being a playmaker and 6th man scorer and then finish games. (Basically the James Harden in OKC role). That would fit just fine for what Lin is best at and what lineups he fits most with.

Then he can finish games with Kobe when he's full of confidence and in a rhythm. That was what worked in pre-season and I'm starting to feel that's what we'd have done if Price never went down against Sacramento.

Lin should be our 6th man facilitator and scorer. There is no doubt in my mind that if you gave Lin a bench of Clarkson or X,Ellington,Kelly and Davis that he can make it run like a well oiled machine and would terrorize other teams second units.

Heck imagine if when Nick Young came back how efficient him and Lin would be in lineups together with Lin setting him up for wide open shots while pick and rolling with Ed Davis against other teams 2nd units.

It would be our biggest advantage. Cause with how the starting lineup is currently formulated all it's gonna ask Lin to do is stand off ball and shoot threes as there's no pick and rollers there. And that's a waste of Lin's talents imo.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
The only coach that fits perfect with Lin is D'Antoni

This is false.

Lin did well under coaches at Harvard and in HS at Palo Alto. Trying to tie Lin to 1 coach is unfair and a play at discrediting him.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject:

From reading Serena Winters' tweets, both Byron and Kobe know that Lin has been playing timid. Kobe particularly said that he want Lin to run the offence. I think Lin will be more aggressive next game. As frustrated as we are, the team is probably even more frustrated. Give them some time
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I think we need to give these guys more time to adjust to each other....its obvious 10 games is not enough. Yeah, their probably gonna be terrible in the meantime while they learn from each other.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Boozer and Hill are not suited to play with Jeremy. When healthy, I'd like to see the Lakers give a go Lin, Young/Clarkson, Bryant, Kelly, Davis lineup. Young/Clarkson, Kobe, and Kelly can provide proper floor spacing opening the floor for Lin and Davis pick and rolls.

There are a LOT of moving parts with this team right now, and the chemistry between players is just not there yet. I don't think the coaching staff quite knows how to best utilize the roster yet either. It will take time for the team to find a good way to play effectively on offense, and until that time it's going to negatively impact our defense. Lots of unforced turnovers and not enough good looks from 3. We're trading inefficient 2 point shots for 3s and you're never going to win a game that way.

You can see Jeremy getting frustrated with our bigs not getting into the sets quickly enough, and trying to orchestrate the offense is taking away from his aggressive instincts. He is a much better player when he's just playing and not overthinking, but this is a necessary part of his growth as a player and hopefully he can learn when to try and set the offense and know when to just go.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
From reading Serena Winters' tweets, both Byron and Kobe know that Lin has been playing timid. Kobe particularly said that he want Lin to run the offence. I think Lin will be more aggressive next game. As frustrated as we are, the team is probably even more frustrated. Give them some time

I'm sure Lin will be more aggressive next game.

Problem is that he's gonna be dealing with his 3rd defensive point guard in a row in Chris Paul the next game.

Beverley, then Bledsoe, then Paul... geez at least the 4th one won't be Conley.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Boozer and Hill are not suited to play with Jeremy. When healthy, I'd like to see the Lakers give a go Lin, Young/Clarkson, Bryant, Kelly, Davis lineup. Young/Clarkson, Kobe, and Kelly can provide proper floor spacing opening the floor for Lin and Davis pick and rolls.

There are a LOT of moving parts with this team right now, and the chemistry between players is just not there yet. I don't think the coaching staff quite knows how to best utilize the roster yet either. It will take time for the team to find a good way to play effectively on offense, and until that time it's going to negatively impact our defense. Lots of unforced turnovers and not enough good looks from 3. We're trading inefficient 2 point shots for 3s and you're never going to win a game that way.

You can see Jeremy getting frustrated with our bigs not getting into the sets quickly enough, and trying to orchestrate the offense is taking away from his aggressive instincts. He is a much better player when he's just playing and not overthinking, but this is a necessary part of his growth as a player and hopefully he can learn when to try and set the offense and know when to just go.

Yes, over thinking is not good for any player. I am really glad he has Kobe and Byron , especially Kobe giving him advice and green light. He can only grow from this. It will be fun if one day Kobe and him can become a one two punch
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:

I'm sure Lin will be more aggressive next game.

Problem is that he's gonna be dealing with his 3rd defensive point guard in a row in Chris Paul the next game.

Beverley, then Bledsoe, then Paul... geez at least the 4th one won't be Conley.

that is true. Let's just hope for the best
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject:

I said this a couple of weeks back... it's not up to the others to figure out how to play with Lin. Lin is the PG and he's charged with running the offense. Lin has to initiate the plays and figure out how to best set up the others within the offense.

Granted, our offense sucks. But we still need to run it. Right now, Kobe is the only reason we're not losing games by 40 as opposed to 20.
dyyhard
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

“Jeremy’s biggest challenge, which he loves, is I’m really going to challenge him to be a great defensive player because after all he really isn't going to be expending any energy on offense."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 36 of 503
Jump to: