OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
The system they played last night, look alike how HOU closed the game last season. They go small lineup with 4 shooters (Lin/Price/Young/Wes) to play around a big (Ed/Boo)

It really gets Lin open lane to penetrate.

BUT, Price is a below 30% 3pt shooter and Boozer is not a good PnR defender.
They can't as efficient as HOU's
Also, Isaiah Thomas was fouled out.

They still have chances to beat the Jazz and the Bucks if Scott stops ruining the team.
I don't know how it works if they play against great PGs and bigs.

To be fair Price is a better spot-up 3pt shooter than Lin this year b4 he injured his elbow(he was shooting 37%).

Go to http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/catchshoot/ and you would find it interesting. Lin is just way way better than Price when it comes off the dribble.

What do you mean when you say before he got his elbow injured? Wasn't that just a few days ago?

Because in the link it says his catch and shoot 3pt% is 32.9%

He injured his elbow a few weeks ago, probably form the mid-way January... not just a few days ago...
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Os Trigonum wrote:
Travers wrote:
Jeremy Lin Playing Great Makes Byron Scott & Kobe Bryant Unhappy

Posted on 25 Feb, 2015, by Greg in Basketball

The title is misleading in a way. Why? Because Byron Scott and Kobe Bryant didn’t make grumpy faces about Jeremy Lin. They were angry at the way Jordan Hill, Carlos Boozer and Nick Young behaved after the Los Angeles Lakers finally ended their losing streak. As if players on a terrible team aren’t allowed to celebrate.

http://sportige.com/los-angeles-lakers-jeremy-lin-playing-great-makes-byron-scott-kobe-bryant-unhappy-02-25-2015/

So basically someone on this thread decided tow rite a blog. That's awesome bro!

Greg acted like a ignorant LOF since Lin joined the Rockets. He is just a troll in public to draw attention I think.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Overall Lin had an OK game tonight. He is under control and played some good defense. Just could not get a easy lay-up against the taller bigs and convert the open shots. This is how he is ... average. C- on Offense & B on Defense
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
Overall Lin had an OK game tonight. He is under control and played some good defense. Just could not get a easy lay-up against the taller bigs and convert the open shots. This is how he is ... average. C- on Offense & B on Defense

It seems Lin only did 60% this game compare the last one. Good thing is no TO in 23 min.
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Couldn't catch the game today but 3/12 shooting ugh.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
Couldn't catch the game today but 3/12 shooting ugh.

It's better than it looks though... 3 of those missed were well converted by his big fellows.
rockets killer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject:

bascially he was HEAD of SNAKE. fed Hill the ball. played D and had zero TO.
Was instrumental on the comeback in the 4th. then Clarkson took over and exploded.
jenopogi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

rockets killer wrote:
Was instrumental on the comeback in the 4th. then Clarkson took over and exploded.

so a HoS game is something you can not see on the stat sheet. you need to watch the game to see who is playing the HoS mode.
JL#7 in Purple and Gold. Shoutout to my Lakers4Life Buddy Ian M.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Os Trigonum wrote:
Travers wrote:

The title is misleading in a way. Why? Because Byron Scott and Kobe Bryant didn’t make grumpy faces about Jeremy Lin. They were angry at the way Jordan Hill, Carlos Boozer and Nick Young behaved after the Los Angeles Lakers finally ended their losing streak. As if players on a terrible team aren’t allowed to celebrate.

http://sportige.com/los-angeles-lakers-jeremy-lin-playing-great-makes-byron-scott-kobe-bryant-unhappy-02-25-2015/

So basically someone on this thread decided to write a blog. That's awesome bro!

That's how Eric Pincus became legit.

But Eric didn't write dumb click-bait stuff like this. He actually made an effort to provide insight and value.

If this means no Lin next year, I would not care less. Lin is not the answer, as good as he is, I think he needs a team where he can be the center of the play. Lakers is certainly not that team.

Been saying that all year. As far as Kobe and Byron's arrogance, at least they have success and rings as a reason to be that way.

Success and rings justify arrogance??? That is the wrong mentality.

It comes with the territory, even if you are not arrogant, you will be perceived as arrogant, most winning teams and players are perceived that way because of their extreme confidence. All I am saying is at least they have some major success in this league. I will go with the dudes with the rings. That "arrogance" is partly what got Kobe 5 rings.

I like Kobe for what's he's done, but he shouldn't get any say about the team from this point forward unless he

1. Attends every game even when injured
2. Practices with the team when healthy

BS is a different story. He shouldn't demand any respect as a coach until he has won as a coach. If he was a good coach, don't you think he should be adjusting the system to play to the strength of the players?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

rockets killer wrote:

Maybe eye of the snake. Not quite head yet.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Os Trigonum wrote:
Travers wrote:

So basically someone on this thread decided to write a blog. That's awesome bro!

But Eric didn't write dumb click-bait stuff like this. He actually made an effort to provide insight and value.

If this means no Lin next year, I would not care less. Lin is not the answer, as good as he is, I think he needs a team where he can be the center of the play. Lakers is certainly not that team.

Been saying that all year. As far as Kobe and Byron's arrogance, at least they have success and rings as a reason to be that way.

It comes with the territory, even if you are not arrogant, you will be perceived as arrogant, most winning teams and players are perceived that way because of their extreme confidence. All I am saying is at least they have some major success in this league. I will go with the dudes with the rings. That "arrogance" is partly what got Kobe 5 rings.

I like Kobe for what's he's done, but he shouldn't get any say about the team from this point forward unless he

BS is a different story. He shouldn't demand any respect as a coach until he has won as a coach. If he was a good coach, don't you think he should be adjusting the system to play to the strength of the players?

That's not the reality of the situation though. Until he retires, he will have some power and Byron is the coach. He did go to the finals before at least as a coach. Sure, it bothers me that Kobe can't practice with such a young team. That would be OK if he was on an established championship team that knows each other. but it is what it is....he is the Lakers until he leaves.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Os Trigonum wrote:
Travers wrote:

Kobe is gonna have say so, until he retires. Even after he retires, they come to him about what he thinks, but his say so will be alleviated.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Os Trigonum wrote:
Travers wrote:

Kobe is gonna have say so, until he retires. Even after he retires, they come to him about what he thinks, but his say so will be alleviated.

Just like Magic has say?

If the Lakers are able to get top tier free agents in the offseason, do you think it would be fair to defer to Kobe because he has all the rings? Kobe needs to be like Duncan at this point. Play efficiently to conserve energy and health in order to make it through the season.

BS went to the finals and Kidd got him fired afterwards because BS didn't coach. BS has also gotten Coach of the Year with NO. On paper, BS looks successful as a coach, but I think it is really due to having great floor generals. This year, BS is on record for not calling fouls when most coaches would.
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
I think Lin should be one of the few players brought back from this current team(along with Ellington and Davis) next season but strictly as the backup PG.

He has shown that with the right players around him he can be successful and very effective.

Surrounding him with shooters like Ellington, Young, and Kelly would be ideal and space the floor allowing him to run the pick and roll with Davis who he has shown great chemistry with.

I agree but in the Ginobili minutes role. That would make him a core player coming off the bench that finishes games.

With Manu nearing the end of his career, it actually makes sense for him to play for San Antonio. Jeremy can play the same role as Manu. Parker would still be the starting point guard and that team emphasizes team ball.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject:

allyoop wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
I think Lin should be one of the few players brought back from this current team(along with Ellington and Davis) next season but strictly as the backup PG.

He has shown that with the right players around him he can be successful and very effective.

Surrounding him with shooters like Ellington, Young, and Kelly would be ideal and space the floor allowing him to run the pick and roll with Davis who he has shown great chemistry with.

I agree but in the Ginobili minutes role. That would make him a core player coming off the bench that finishes games.

With Manu nearing the end of his career, it actually makes sense for him to play for San Antonio. Jeremy can play the same role as Manu. Parker would still be the starting point guard and that team emphasizes team ball.

But Lin is 3 inches shorter than Manu. Can't guard the 2 or 3 as well because of that.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject:

haha, Jeremy got a rival, Jeremy Long
I am wondering if there will be a Jeremy Hung someday?

laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:

Makes me think of that character from Sixteen Candles... Long Duk Dong. So now this qualifies as Jeremy Lin basketball discussion?

The only rival Lin has is the same one he's always had.
ggeasy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:

LA Lakers pick Jeremy Hung-Long for the #1 draft pick in 2025
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject:

ggeasy wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

LA Lakers pick Jeremy Hung-Long for the #1 draft pick in 2025

Lots of people have expressed a desire to see Lin evaluated, compensated, and be allowed to contribute on the basketball court according to his abilities. Lots of people have complained about the perception that Lin has been held back, or not provided with opportunities or recognition, because of stereotypes and how he is perceived.

Can we just stick to basketball?
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

bill Oram of the OC Register:

Byron Scott said he plans to get Jeremy Lin back in starting lineup at some point in 25 games. Unsure if at point or two guard.

Doesn't matter whether Lin starts or not, but he should get 32 minutes/game at a minimum, especially with Price out. Not sure why last game, Lin only got 24 minutes, when Ellington got 38 and Clarkson got 34. Clarkson played well so he deserved it but why kill Ellington with 38?
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I predict Lin will have a better game tonight. Maybe 15-5.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
bill Oram of the OC Register:

Byron Scott said he plans to get Jeremy Lin back in starting lineup at some point in 25 games. Unsure if at point or two guard.

Doesn't matter whether Lin starts or not, but he should get 32 minutes/game at a minimum, especially with Price out. Not sure why last game, Lin only got 24 minutes, when Ellington got 38 and Clarkson got 34. Clarkson played well so he deserved it but why kill Ellington with 38?

That's the beauty of tank master, no one can figure out.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

allyoop wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Every team emphasizes "team ball". "Team ball", also known as what every team in the league plays, only gets you so far. Championships are won by talent, not rosters filled with guys who tickle each other's bollocks and send each other inspirational "you can do it!" texts every night. This team lacks sufficient talent to compete in any objective way.

Furthermore, the fantasies of how Jeremy would thrive on a "team-ball" team are terribly embarrassing. He lacks the talent to get the minutes you'd like to see him get, even on this talent-forsaken team. You should stop torturing yourself with daydreams of Tony Parker and Tim Duncan hoisting Jeremy atop their shoulders drenched in confetti and champagne. It won't happen. It's not because he's been oppressed...not by his coach, not by Kobe--a team player who lead his team to a triple championship and a double championship.

Jeremy Lin simply isn't that good. Oh and happy new year.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LATown
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
allyoop wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Every team emphasizes "team ball". "Team ball", also known as what every team in the league plays, only gets you so far. Championships are won by talent, not rosters filled with guys who tickle each other's bollocks and send each other inspirational "you can do it!" texts every night. This team lacks sufficient talent to compete in any objective way.

Furthermore, the fantasies of how Jeremy would thrive on a "team-ball" team are terribly embarrassing. He lacks the talent to get the minutes you'd like to see him get, even on this talent-forsaken team. You should stop torturing yourself with daydreams of Tony Parker and Tim Duncan hoisting Jeremy atop their shoulders drenched in confetti and champagne. It won't happen. It's not because he's been oppressed...not by his coach, not by Kobe--a team player who lead his team to a triple championship and a double championship.

i agree with you, that is why lakers sucks after shaq left!
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
allyoop wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Not gonna argue with the fact that as a laker Lin has sucked quite a bit. That said though imo on a team with more spacing and more "team ball" and less ISOs he would do better.

I know he isn't gonna go 25/6 every time but he played a lot better when there was enough space for him to do his work in the paint. It probably helped a lot too that the celtics don't have a legit defensive center but I would guess he could avg 15/6 on a team that plays "team ball".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 380 of 503
Jump to: